To become more mature

Hello everyone, Big Fan and user of Dw’s work, It has helped my life alot.
I have started college and its my first week and I realized that I am old now and I have been acting like a manchild. I am pretty immature and I like to be the “clown” with my friends but I wanna start being respectful to myself more and not act like a idiot.

How can I help myself with this issue and some fields that can possibly help me

3 Likes

If you can point which field has been helping you , you can get similar or opposite fields to see what can be useful to you!!

3 Likes

This is a blend that can get you through a personnal Journey of mental healinng .

It covers alot of things.

7 Likes

I believe knight warrior mindset would be awesome for this I believe. Also, being childish is fine and fun. It is just a matter of learning when it’s time to play and when it’s time to be serious. It’s an easy thing to pick up on when you intently listen to who you are speaking to or just can feel out the vibe overall. Also, think before you speak. Immaturity tends to come from impulsively acting out your thoughts. Mindfulness is paramount to beint mature.

24 Likes

My favorite topic is emotions, working on myself and my feelings.
Discovering emotional maturity and unlocking the potential of an “adult” person…

Of course, psychological immaturity of personality creates many problems for the “adult on the passport” person.

One of the most effective remedies for infantilism is sport. I read a small study that fleshed out - that teens who participate in sports are more responsible, more persistent in achieving goals, more efficient in planning their time. After all, responsibility is the other side of infantilism.

Working on the problem depends on the cause that led to it. Mistakes in parenting are corrected through psychotherapy.

Beautiful field: MY Personal emotional supporter + all fields on self-esteem

7 Likes

On top of what’s already been suggested i think the whole self realization series is good for maturing

Maybe the devil as well and spiritual growth state of being

5 Likes

Consider adding self love and confidence. That’ll make you generate all the self respect you need and then you will be able to express your childlike personality but with the maturity of an adult.

A lot of the immature clowning around stuff comes from wanting to be accepted by other people which translates to a lack of self confidence and self love.

6 Likes