Trust Levels for Traders

the votes must be public for everyone to see who vouched for who.
if a poll does not have public votes, we can flag it for removal
with public votes everyone can check before a trade who has vouched for the trade partner and decide if they want to continue or not

1 Like

(Taking some time to finalize the synthesis of ideas here. Let’s not forget other contributions)

Give it a week or so depending on the solidification

1 Like

Why only one option?

How about the group in the middle? That in mid-conversation disappears and ignores you then, how some of us saw it with @lonewolf , or someone who will promise you the full description after u buy it and then just copy-pastes the public thread’s overview?

1 Like

Elaborate

Bcs of that, I thought to have a box for cases like that.

Maybe something like:

Fully trusted trader
Semi-trusted trader
Potential Scammer/Suspicious

And ideally, only members (who are here for let’s say at least 1 month) and regulars would be able to vote.

And if someone deletes, then we will see that it after a long time, doesn’t have much votes, since I don’t think many would be willing to vote multiple times just bcs someone deletes and re-creates.

1 Like

My reasoning for this was like this:

• A trade was either professionally executed and successful or it wasn’t.
  • What is a semi-trusted trader? I either trust someone as a trade partner or I don’t.
  • Scammers and suspicious folks will be reported to admins and exposed on the scammer thread.
1 Like

Well, some people will send you the nft/money, just will lie to you maybe about some extravagant results, or maybe they won’t like some trade offer anymore, so they will disappear and ignore you, or will not provide you the description despite prior promises, or will just somewhere behave irresponsibly. So this might be a grey area needing its own recognition. And also, this one would have to send their stuff first in member to member trade and others will no longer rely on them for description, or anything other than trade itself, as this time, they will be warned, instead of just seeing maybe less ‘trusted trader’ votes.

1 Like

On the other hand, having a negative voting option invites potential for abuse too.
Vile people can create new accounts and then simply vote on “Suspicious” and by this distort other’s overall perception of a trader.
Of course those votes generated by new and unknown accounts will not have much subjective weight to the eyes of experienced forum users.

2 Likes

Here, we can limit it to only members and regulars.

Or at worst, to only regulars.

1 Like

This one seems like a balanced solution.

Right now there are 3102 forum user with at least “basic” status and 1157 forum users with “member” status. So every third account will be able to vote.

(only 121 forum users have “regular” status)

2 Likes

Reminder reference

2 Likes

My only caveat with this is that many of the member/regulars here have their private group of friends (from the forum) in discord servers or with private communications. They can easily just have their friends rate them 5 stars.

Not implying people will but I always look at potential tricks people can pull off. So while I agree that members/regulars should be the ones that can rate, there should be some confirmation that they purchased/traded an nft successfully with someone. Ya follow? or is that too much?

9 Likes

Hi Sammy,

I think the main idea is not the amount of votes that someone has received, but WHO has voted for whom as a safe trader.

It is about known trustworthy forum members, vouching for others as safe trade partners.

Who is a “known trustworthy forum member” will be for everyone to decide by themselves.

So the responsibility with whom they trade will still be one everyone’s personal shoulders.

People can also check this way whether two forum users have voted for each other as safe trade partners. And if they have, then this implies that their trades went sucessful.

The advantage with the voting system is further that user can always edit their votes (i.e. unvote someone again).

2 Likes

Idea: we can also somehow publicly @mention users we’ve done transactions with as we set up the poll so they can give votes

1 Like

How about if

Members should post under the offers or what they are looking for a mini poll about “yes for trusted member if done transactions” and “no” for didnt go well on the buy and sell thread.

And its a must like nobody can post without that mini poll 🤷

Whether is if the person is looking to buy/trade/sell

And public votes.

4 Likes

Downside to this:

The posts in the buy/trade/sell thread are being deleted and repostet by users all the time. With that much fluctuation it will be hard for people to preserve their votes.

Upside to this:

However, this would actually encourage the opposite as it would encourage the users to never delete their trading post and only edit it for updates!
I actually like this.
Because the buying/selling thread, despite the 4 days rule, gets flooded with new posts every single day. People should just update their existing post and that’it.
If the voting collection is tied to the post, then users will keep to their posts as long as possible before they delete it and make a new one.

2 Likes

There is only certain amount of times one can edit a post.

But we can regain fast the votes i mean its always almost the same members trading/selling and we check that post almost daily, and the ones that havent done any or much well… thats exactly what we want to see, who doesnt have votes

How often can someone edit a post?

Losing the collected trust votes would be really bad.
The voting should be in a thread that users better not need to delete.
So maybe better make it separate then.
No one should be forced to lose the collected trust votes just because the system does not allow any more update edits to their trading post.

2 Likes

Maybe there is a way to leave that post without restrictions in numbers of edits?

I think @SammyG would know

1 Like

Not specific posts unfortunately. Me raising the limits of edited posts makes it possible for all posts to be edited that many times. But editing posts is fine since we can see the history anyways. So the limit can be raised in general.

2 Likes