Tungnath Temple Experiences/discussion thread

Tungnath Temple
A ever growing protected energetic portal to tungnath temple as long with a few enhancements.
and protections from intrusions.

Let’s talk about the temple:) i bought by impulse and needless to say I dont know much about it.

I already feel super energized and clear in my mind. As if the fog has lifted. I felt similar effects at high altitude. So maybe it does have those effects?!

Perhaps @Maoshan_Wanderer and @Captain_Nemo can share his experience knowledge about the temple and break it down further for us normies ?:slightly_smiling_face:

22 Likes

Altitude and air are not really the reasons I got this NFT, though that is an added benefit.

This temple is extremely ancient and abundant with very palpable energies of Shiva and the Goddess. So, the portal is sort of way to connect to the energy of Shiva. This is one of the shrines ancient Hindus visited to do practices to liberate themselves from the matrix named Samsara…

The Mahabharata, an Indian epic, talks of the war between the princes of the Kuru dynasty. Pandavas defeated their enemies after a long bloody war but the war weighed down on them. The spirits, the sin of killing haunted them and they realized they would not attain liberation unless they absolved themselves of the guilt, anger, grief, etc.

So they resorted to Shiva, who represents the Highest Consciousness that is simply bliss personified, and attained their goal after penance in this place. The temple was lost in time. Around the eighth century, Shankaracharya, the famed Advaitin (non-dualist) and a mystic re-discovered the lost shrine and brought it back to the glory.

Tunganath is also an ancient seat of Tantra practice where Shiva assumes the form of Aghora (the non-terrifying one), considered one of the most potent manifestations of the Shiva energy that is especially powerful in aiding non-dual consciousness.

Tunganath represents one of five groups of Shiva shrines known as Pancha Kedara - each representing an element. So, in a way, the portal to one of these is a portal to the other four connected shrines as well. In each of the five shrines, one of the five Shiva’s mantras is practiced to purify and refine the element according to a Yogi I met in Benaras in 2004. It is said that due to extreme cold, and altitude, the mind remains stable in meditation and the tendency to lose essence (called Bindu-skhalana or ejaculation of primordial essence) is very less - making this a suitable place for liberating practices and perfect alchemy.

41 Likes

Wow! Thanks for dropping this awesome knowledge on us, @Maoshan_Wanderer ! :star_struck:

I got this not knowing anything about it but was somehow pulled to it.

11 Likes

Im glad im not only one who bought this out of impulse and not knowing what it was.

Thanks for the knowledge @Maoshan_Wanderer ! Sounds like a great NFT for meditation

5 Likes

I also loved “om namah shivaya"s on the art, which means even the mantra energy is embedded in the NFT. It was the first mantra I was formally initiated into… At some point, as a silly teenager, I asked my teacher, “Give me the most potent mantra you love and practice, you gave me many mantras, but I want like the best lol”… He said, 'I started you by giving you the best at the beginning. This mantra is one of the very few that accesses the energy of the Supreme Consciousness as both formless and with form - which very few mantras do”…

24 Likes

@Alexander Can you please add the NFT image in your first post? I believe Mao shared it in the buying thread.

4 Likes

And there must be a reason Captain chose this shrine amongst many others!!

16 Likes

Thank you so much!
This reads like a book. Very high quality info, exactly what I was looking for.
I’ll re-read this a couple times…

9 Likes

I was thinking that the same thing! Must be a good reason for it.

7 Likes

That is exactly how I feel atm. Blissfully.

4 Likes

These are some of the benefits summarized:

• A ever growing protected energetic portal to tungnath temple
• protections from intrusions
• “om namah shivaya” mantra embedded in the audio
• Way to connect to Shiva energy (blissful energy)
• represents one of five groups of Shiva shrines known as Pancha Kedara
• ancient seat of Tantra practice
• mind remains stable in meditation and the tendency to lose essence (called Bindu-skhalana or ejaculation of primordial essence) is very less

5 Likes

Thats for the mirror i believe

1 Like

That’s for another field ,right. Thanks for catching that.

image uncompressed

4 Likes

Kundalini Yoga is the key concept behind a lot of Hindu (on a side note, Hindu is quite an eclectic term as there is no one Hindu religion, culture etc., its an umbrella term) practices. For example, pilgrimage is a popular religious practice in India. And pilgrimage spots are generally chosen based on:

(a) Natural Places of Power
(b) Enhanced by the energy of one or more sages or Siddhas (accomplished beings) who consecrated these shrines and made them more powerful. A lot of times, they continue to stay there and guide seekers on astral realms
(c) A natural manifestation of a deity’s energy (where the energy of the deity is willingly manifested and to a large scale as manifestations can vary in power)
(d) Faith and penance of millions across time grow the power of these shrines.

These concepts are tied together based on the concept of Kundalini Yoga. For example, the Southern tip of India is marked by a famous shrine called Kanyakumari (the virgin Goddess), where the energy is that of newly awakened Kundalini. Then comes Kanchipuram, the center of Navel - where the Kundalini is fully awakened, refined, and past the stage of “returning to slumber”. This is the seat of Lalita or Tripurasundari, the highest archetype of Goddess (in our school, we completely skip direct work on Root and Sacral chakras and start at the Navel as Shaktipat during initiation takes care of the lower two chakras giving a solid jumpstart).

Kashi (or Benares), one of the most ancient, surviving cities in the world, is the seat of Shiva and is the heart center. Kedarnath is the Ajna Chakra and Tunganath, which is just below it, represents what we call Indra Nadi (upper palate), a psychic center that is used in a specific form of Yogic Practice called Lambika Yoga that uses the full-blown form of Khechari Mudra which is used to attain physical immortality. Its main energetic effect is the complete cessation of thoughts and the karmic effect created non-stop due to these unending thoughts.

The Crown is Kailash, where Shiva and Shakti harmoniously unite - i.e., the final abode of an ascendent and refined Kundalini, where non-dual consciousness manifests as bliss. At this stage, the individual is said to have attained Shivahood. Cold weather preserves things - and here, the metaphor is of stable, sustained, unending non-dual consciousness which is not a state (as states are temporary by definition, even if some of them last a long time).

So, each of these shrines also has an energetic correspondence in the microcosm as well.

So the pilgrimage from Kanyakumari the seat of the Great Goddess to Kailash, the peak of Shiva, is essentially the ascent of Kundalini to merge with Shiva, aka the blooming of individual consciousness to Divine, Universal Consciousness. If you see the map of India, the Northern tip is an upward facing triangle at the top (which represents Shiva in Sriyantra) and the Southern tip is a downward-facing triangle (which represents the Goddess in Sriyantra). A coming together of these triangles represents the process of creation. The collapsing of these to form a Bindu (dot, point) is the state of dissolution aka non-dual consciousness.

It must be noted that external pilgrimage is prescribed for beginners. The advanced spiritual aspirant is instructed to internalize the pilgrimage and the worship as the saying goes, “Self is Shiva, Shiva is Self, that being the case, who worships whom - when all there is but One?”.

Note: Apologies for the typos, typed on my phone.

24 Likes

I thought it would sold out fast like other NFTs. But I tried to made an order on teespring. I guess it’s not yet sold out, because it appeared to like other previous orders I had on teespring. So I guess I got one copy…

I can’t resist something that gave me a laugh after quite a long day.

4 Likes

Are you familiar with Arunachala? Ramana Maharshi spent basically his whole life by this sacred hill/mountain in Tiruvanamalai, and seemed to basically be a big Arunachala Bhakti. I think it also has a connection with Shiva. Would it be possible that Ramana has stayed on and continued to energetically empower Arunachala?

5 Likes

Absolutely. Arunachala is the Southern Pentad of Elements. It represents the seat of Fire, where alchemy is accomplished by refining the element of Fire.

While most folks speak of Shiva here, the Goddess gets missed, she is called Apeetakuchamba, one with overflowing maternal instincts. Someone I knew from Texas went to this shrine mainly to visit Ramana’s Ashram. And then they were diagnosed with some severe disease. I recommended this person visit the shrine of the Goddess every day and meditate. On the sixteenth day, he saw a little girl tap on his head and disappear. And he started recovering miraculously. I had heard of such miraculous cures here before, but this was an incident that my own student experienced.

There are two kinds of Siddhas - Asharira (present as spirit) and Sasharira (present even in physical form) - the latter are rare. That said, I do not have any personal experience with Ramana as his path is different from mine (and I am not connected to that lineage energy).

22 Likes

Wow, that’s a beautiful story. I definitely want to visit there someday… I feel like Ramana’s love for Arunachala (Shiva) was so great, his presence must still be felt there.

But in the meantime, @Captain_Nemo is there any chance we can get an Arunachala NFT? This would be amazing

8 Likes

Its usually that we notice and record what we like haha… Say sorta echo chamber? I notice the Goddess energies, Tantra related concepts, Non-duality, etc., as these are what I have worked with most of my life. I am sure there are other aspects to these places as well, that others with fresh perspective notice and utilize (like Captain usually does - unearths not-commonly known things about them).

14 Likes