Venly asking for identification when sending nft's

I set up an emergency code and now they ask me to migrate my wallet before i can move on

What do i do? Is this ok? Can someone help me?

Migration is from Custodial Wallets to Non-Custodial.
Its ok but read explanation from posts above.

I don’t understand anything from all the steps @anon71013580
I don’t even have venly on my iphone

You can proceed wallet migration if you understand differences (Custodial Wallets vs Non-Custodial).

Another explanation:
Custodial wallets and non-custodial wallets are two different types of digital wallets used for storing cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or NFTs.

A custodial wallet is like a bank account. When you use a custodial wallet, you are essentially trusting a third-party service or company to store your cryptocurrencies on your behalf. They control and manage your wallet’s private keys, which are like secret codes that give you access to your funds. So, you don’t directly control your funds in a custodial wallet, and the service provider can restrict your access or even freeze your funds if they decide to do so.

On the other hand, a non-custodial wallet gives you full control over your cryptocurrencies. With a non-custodial wallet, you are responsible for managing your own private keys and storing them securely. You are in complete control of your funds and have the freedom to send, receive, and manage your cryptocurrencies as you wish. Non-custodial wallets are usually downloaded as software or apps that you install on your device.

In summary, custodial wallets rely on a third-party service to store and control your cryptocurrencies, while non-custodial wallets give you full control and ownership of your funds.

1 Like

I read the explanation but how do I proceed practically?

Click on

yes i know but i’m afraid to loose my nft’s…

@RobbyHa No, I haven’t.

Below is the quick guide to move the NFT from Venly to Phantom.

Step 1 : Copy the Polygon Address from your Phantom wallet,

Polygon Address

Step 2 : Go to your Venly wallet and choose the NFT you would like to transfer, and paste the Polygon address you copied in Step 1 and click on Transfer.

Step 3 : After clicking on ‘Transfer’, a pop-up will open where you will be asked to confirm the transaction using your pin code.

Step 4 : You will receive a successful message like below,

Step 5 : You can check Recent Activity in Phantom wallet, to check if you received the NFT

Step 6 : Now you can view the NFT in the Inventory

9 Likes

The best thing is to seek help from Venly customer support…

2 Likes

Can other people confirm this process works 100% so we can all move on?

Does everyone think this is the fastest and easiest way?

I was able to change the pin to a 6 digit one and was also able send the nft without identification

My wallet is also migrated but don’t know to where…

1 Like

Yes, I also transferred my NFT to the phantom wallet when the polygon network support appeared there.

1 Like

I’ve also tried that, yep

2 Likes

Did you find your wallet that had migrated ? All nfts safe?

1 Like

Yesterday I migrated my wallet but I still had access to it and I was also able to send one nft

Today I didn’t check if I still have access…

1 Like

Just so you can access your precious nfts :+1:

1 Like

could somebody pls send a customer email from venly. chat Function does not funtion.
Venly requires a pin now. idk what they want… they would trransfer wallets to non costoidaL? ones…
idk what this is and i am stressing alot now.

There’s nothing wrong with non-custodial wallet, they ask for identity because once wallet is non-custodial and if something goes not into your hands then it can easily be completely wiped out.

1 Like

thank you…i still am figuring out how to get a PIN.

issue resolved. quick response from venly

1 Like