Video Games: Positive and Negative

I remember what @JAAJ was talking about regarding positive and negative programming. It made me think about that as a gamer.

I play RPGs, mainly JRPGs. I generally like stuff where yeah, bad things happen, but in the end, justice and good wins. To me, it’s good stuff.

I have to wonder, though, what would constitute positive games (and safe to play while listening to tracks like Self-love), and what would be considered negative games?

1 Like

Problem with videogames is that your attention and energy becomes masochistic.

It builds energetic blocks and contractions because you forget about your body while you are in an abstract fantasy.

You confuse your movements with your character’s movements and you kinda believe you are moving without moving, which makes your energy messed up.

I’d prefer actual games that involve physical movement.

1 Like

I find video games to be Amazing, sorry, even “dark ones”, after all they bring unique experiences.

I personally don’t care about justice in video games, but sometimes I do care about innocent NPCs; in violent games, when I have the option to spare someone, I’ll spare them, I feel good doing that, but I only do that on missions, otherwise, chaos is unleashed.

Again, I find no problem with your views.

1 Like

Sure.

I love doing 25man and 40man raids in WoW beating complex bosses and getting sweet loot.

But that still fulls the body with energetic blocks from all the stress and fantasy danger that feels real and your body knows it.

1 Like

Very true. Not to mention in some of them, you get different perspectives on not only living, but regarding the universe as well. Shin Megami Tensei is an example of this, and another is the Persona series.

1 Like

Maybe, but

Anyway.
Peace. :pray::grin:

1 Like

yeah those are stressful

1 Like

I think videogames can also be a medium for artistic expression, you get to immerse yourself into beautiful sceneries you won’t find in real life for example.

2 Likes

I’m in the highly positive camp for video games. While I do think they can be time and energy sucks that cause us to ignore our physical bodies and our social obligations (which can be true of many obsessive pursuits, I think they have been very transformative for those who have access to them. People have experienced the breaking of certain limits, the concept of leveling up has gone wide, and shared experiences no longer require physical proximity. For me, I find video games provide a kind of augmented reality overlay/options menu to problem solving. I’m not sure that was accessible to most people 50 years ago.

3 Likes

Listen to antifragile.
Play game.
Profit.
Repeat.

Exploratory games?

Journey is a game without enemies (well there are some but you have to avoid them…can’t fight in this game). Has a collaborative mode.

I think similar games would fall into this…if there were more.

I only like games cause of their asthetic beauty or certain gameplay dynamics.

Many games themes are actually overcoming trauma and self-love so…I can’t give examples but I’ve seen them. Better to look into indie games.

I think JRPGs are fine. Just nice good old adventure. It is good for the soul.

And someone has to save the princess yknow.

4 Likes

I used to play WoW a lot and found it a bit intense in higher end raids but nowadays I just enjoy playing a softer game that’s free to play even.

Summoner Wars Chronicles and even tho its meant to be mobile you can play it on PC and its pretty fun and not really that stressful and or anything that one would consider BAD programming per say.

3 Likes

I can think of Omori, which is an indie game about trauma

2 Likes