What exactly was Grigori Rasputin?

Born in 1869 and dying just before the Russian Revolution - Grigori Rasputin was a low-born peasant who basically became BFFs with the Russian royal family, largely due to his healing efforts on the Tsar’s son.

This guy has fascinated me ever since high school. He had powers that seemed otherwordly. And it’s not until I became familiar with the occult that I realised it might be something more interesting than hypnosis and charisma.

For the uninitiated, here are some quick facts about Rasputin:

• Healing Powers: Rasputin was believed to have healed Tsar Nicholas II’s son, Alexei, who suffered from hemophilia. His apparent ability to stop Alexei’s bleeding episodes was seen as miraculous.

• Prophetic Abilities: Rasputin made several predictions, some of which seemed to come true. His foretelling of his own death and the downfall of the Romanov dynasty added to his mystical reputation.

• Charismatic Influence: His magnetic personality and hypnotic eyes reportedly had a profound effect on people, leading many to believe he possessed supernatural powers.

• Surviving Assassination Attempts: He was poisoned with cyanide, but it didn’t work. Then he was shot in the body multiple times, and even that didn’t stop him. Finally, they had to put a bullet in his brain to finish him off.

What the heck was this guy? And what techniques was he using to do the miraculous things he did?

2 Likes

Not to mention that if he had an STD, it’d be a pandemic there. :joy:

1 Like

Oh yeah – and he was pathologically addicted to orgies.

1 Like

If u mentioned it a few months earlier, I’m sure someone would make an NFT based on him to get laid :smiley:

3 Likes

I could see that. And the audio would be, of course, based on Boney M’s “Ra-ra-rasputin, lover of the Russian queen”. :smiley:

1 Like

Note that there was large number of so called “elders” among church monks and “related” religious people, although Rasputin didn’t have official church office also he wasn’t a monk. But it wasn’t per se any prerequisite to be held in regard among religious countryside farmers and peasants.

While his assassination was quite brutal the people carrying it out were army officers, not trained killers, it isn’t uncommon for people in real life stressful situation to overreact and do a lot of collateral damage. Also Rasputin likely was a very sturdy individual.

1 Like

Legend says the bullet to the head didn’t kill him, but he fell on some body of water and holes in his lungs (from other shots) made him drown. He’d probably have prefered to die from the headshot…

He had some massive life force going on.

I had some books on “mentalism” that claimed to be his method but they were only for “magnetism”.

You’re probably the least interested about this side, but for magnetism it was a matter of blanking your mind and have thoughts of benefitting/serving the other person only. You’re supposed to genuinely not care about yourself and care for their happiness and the moment will come when you can manipulate them.

Practice was done by talking to a flower, a plushie, yourself in the mirror…without a difference in expression. You were to eliminate all traces of self-interest, dislike of the other person, etc. No energy or reaction when talking to others was the goal.

This was practiced thoroughly (complete neutrality) before attempting to care for the other without having a secret agenda.

3 Likes

Really interesting - truly.

What are those books called?

1 Like

He was famous due to his position in society, but such worship of different spiritual people wasn’t anything unique for Rasputin. There were church officials and elders being quite against him acting as one, while having a record of multiple reports for debauchery, adultery and living like a cult leader getting money from his rich followers.

Also in the archives of investigation(s) against Rasputin for allegedly being a Khlyst, he practically admitted to many allegations regarding his actions and behavior towards his female followers and local village women. Also even politically unaffiliated historians agree that he frequently called prostitutes to his home (a lot of maybe exaggerated, maybe not accounts).

Statements of Rasputin ordering others to kiss him or even lick his feet, acting as he is a messiah and saying that physical contact with him has healing powers, being present in group steambathing with women (him denying this one only partially) or having many simultaneous lovers, these all seem to be truth.

I don’t know about what Rasputin believed or practiced, but his contemporaries clearly called it “magnetism”, not in some sense of specific system, but rather sort of instinctive and inherent charisma, natural hypnotizing ability.

Regarding his assassination there are aslo disputes. Rasputin is said to be poisoned, but by eating eclaire with cyanide, which is questionable as there are claims that he didn’t eat sweet pastry or sweet / sugar at all.

Really can’t remember and they are in my broken laptop (I need to rescue the hard drive fr).

I think they may have been called even “Rasputin Protocols”, but I’m not sure. Not sure if they were properly published books or infoproducts only, so if the guy isn’t doing that anymore…

I also don’t remember the author but most likely it was Dantalion Jones (that’s one pseudonym of many, but once you find his work and line of work, easy to find everything else).

I then found out Dantalion was a name of a daemon whose field of expertise was manipulation of people xD.

Now, despite me reading a lot of NLP, persuasion and seduction books back then, and theoretically I should know about all the stuff he taught, I didn’t come up with such applications or patterns.

Everything he taught was strictly hypnosis or NLP, but pretty cleverly. And some other stuff of unknown origins but pretty powerful (don’t worry, fields have those things more than covered).

1 Like

Why do u post
“…without a secret agenda.”

1 Like

I’m talking about these “teachings”. The mental gymnastics they want to put their students through is beyond my understanding.

I think the principle is solid. No one trusts someone that wants something from you or want to use you. They send needy vibes. Someone that simply accepts and likes you would be more welcomed.

I honestly don’t know how they expect people to become interested in the other person and care for them for real and simultaneously use them.

I think they are just learning some psychological manipulation while concealing the needy vibes and that’s all. That’s just how they learn to turn that off.