What is a Ghost?

Hi Everyone. I created this topic to share my perception of ghosts and to know yours.

I, myself have never encountered any being which people define as ‘ghost’, so the whole idea or my understanding of them is solely based on logic and my view of god.
I am a firm believer of reincarnation and I believe a soul doesn’t continue to wander as a soul after it’s accorded body can’t support it in the physical world. This view of mine is very controversial mainly because of the reason that many think - “Ghosts are Soul of the person who has died”.
I uphold the belief that when someone die, their soul goes on it’s infinite journey of life and death, but in case of someone who was deeply hurt/suffered/deprived of love, (and much more) their soul too leave the body once in which it resided but as everything is matter around us, it (the matter) manifests the mind of the person. The space, the everything which the person spent time around and all the things that influenced or affected the person in a very good or bad way manifests the behaviour of the being and thoughts or words which the person ever spoke of or thought of, leaving behind the person’s imprint even though the person no longer exist but gets manifested and exists in the memory of matter.
What is a Ghost according to you?

Your understanding of what is a ghost must be fairly common across many religions. Ghosts are disembodied things but have conscious experience and there are videos of ghosts of deceased pets even.

I’m yet to come across one like how they show up in paranormal videos.