What is this in my Phantom wallet? Scam alert!

I just made a trade with a member here and I see something for the first time in my Phantom wallet.

Any idea what this is?

1 Like

Phishing as can be (sadly) expected https://www.reddit.com/r/solana/comments/18ze75a/watch_for_scam_2024_jupiter_nft_in_phantom_wallet/

2 Likes

Thanks I have not clicked on it, fortunately. Will it disappear later or stay forever?

1 Like

It will not disappear on its own. You can burn it or just send to “burn” address like thrash.sol, but it will incur you transaction fee and burning suspicious NFTs doesn’t necessarily give SOL in return. You can hide it indefinitely as far as I know and there’s no issue with it, unless you follow any links or QR codes attached.

1 Like

so if I click on the NFT image nothing will happen or I will lose all my NFTs? how do I burn the NFT? I’m ok with the transaction fee, don’t want it in my wallet.

3 Likes

If you just click to expand NFT view - nothing, but don’t follow any links within the NFT.

3 Likes

Thanks @igem and @anon71013580 burnt it! Hope others will be careful too after seeing my post.

2 Likes

damn got another one.

2 Likes

Its never ending story :frowning:

2 Likes

is it possible for the scamsters to read through the latest transactions on solscan and then send these scam NFTs to the wallets involved in transactions?

I got them with and without transactions :frowning:

that sucks, I guess every wallet will be infected sooner or later. As long as we know when a new NFT shows up it is better to burn it to be safe but these promos are little obvious but sad that some people get scammed little easily with them!

Education is key. To this and anything else.

3 Likes

I got another one yesterday and I tried to burn it multiple times but it fails to burn, even the option of using remove.sol is not working. I raised a ticket with the phantom team, their response is either to burn it or use remove.sol option.

Am I stuck with this?

You can also mark it as Report as Spam and Hide, before trying to burn or send to “burn” address like remove.sol
I guess it’s an indicator for Phantom to block such NFTs from circulation at least it’s in their blog described like that Security at Phantom

2 Likes

Phantom did on its own and kept it under hidden collections after I tried to burn the NFT few times.

And is not spam ?

What is my option, wen I click on the nft photo it show it so no problem there .

Sometimes some NFTs are put under hidden collection, don’t know why Phantom does it, you can unhide them if they are legit NFTs.

Tnx @Kalacakra , found option and now thy r unhidden! Cheers :beers:

1 Like