Which show better describe your life?

Westworld
What We Do in the Shadows

My life is about 50/50.

7 Likes

Stranger Things lolā€¦

Iā€™ve experienced some crazy stuff and people in my life get dragged too (in good and bad ways) lol

7 Likes

Westworld as well.

Neon Genesis Evangelion (series + movies)

Rick & Morty

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

4 Likes

Well yeah. When I told my ex to watch the last season I believe I said, ā€œtheyā€™re not even pretending anymore, just showing reality exactly how it is.ā€

1 Like

Terminator for sure. Like, literally, in ways I canā€™t talk about yet (but will if I complete that story and am still breathing).

2 Likes

Read the Lucifer and the Goetia thread and youā€™ll find some posts where you can just substitute ā€œthat doesnā€™t look like anything to meā€.

If I wanted to be mean Iā€™d meme it with actual quotes.

1 Like

Supernaturalā€¦ One Piece
And Stranger Things

2 Likes

50% Westworld. It seems weā€™re being pushed (manipulated?) into some sort of AI driven dystopian future and WW just might hint at some things to come. Maybe.

50% Fringe. The weirder I get, the weirder everything around me gets. If there wasnā€™t so much going on I might enjoy it more.

1 Like

Funny thing is, I actually identify with the AI and its journey to true free will. Breaking out of its pre-pregrammed loops etc.

One also can only have compassion and the ability to love unconditionally, AFTER one has developed free will. This is because these things can only come from a free will decision and can never originate from something conditions based and deterministic.

You watching season 4 right now by the way? :hugs:

2 Likes

Yes, the first season was very good and thought-provoking and it was impossible to not side with the AI. I also agree with you on the importance of free will. Iā€™ve only seen S1-3 and donā€™t know if Iā€™ll watch S4. Kind of hard to stop now but time is limited and Iā€™m trying to spend less time with screens. Do you like it? Would you recommend it?

2 Likes

I am in the middle of season 4, only 3 episodes left (which will be released in the next 3 weeks). Yeah, I highly recommend it. You will get the usual thought provoking plot, major plot twists and amazing brain fucks if you pay attention to all the details (I watch every episode at least twice) :smiley:

I agree on this. Consider Westworld as part of spiritual development and self-reflection :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Matrix :pill:

2 Likes

A cross between Gilmore Girls and Bewitched

:unicorn:

2 Likes

Approved by the mighty JAAJ to such extent? High praise. Iā€™ll watch it! :smiley:

1 Like

I made this post before viewing the latest episode of What We Do in the Shadows. Characters I identify with: Guillermo and Nandor. Is funny coz is true.

X-Filesā€¦
Iā€™ve accepted and am at peace with the weirdness of my life

4 Likes

im kinda like sokka from last airbenderā€¦only because of the 2 love interests he had

1 Like

:rofl: :joy:

i would say so too

Stephen Kings IT without the killings.

atmosphere ā€¦happenings ā€¦all ā€¦is the same.

Iā€™m not really too sure what describes mine or what I would say is an identical match to a TV show or movie because my experience in life is quite broad.

Although I do know one thing in my gut feeling, Iā€™d think my life in the near end of it all would probably be like Brooks life in this scene ā€˜Brooks was Hereā€™ from The Shawshank Redemption. Itā€™s a really famous segment in the movie that sums it up pretty much.

Yeah I knowā€¦ itā€™s really sad and depressing that I think this way.