Your Music Taste as a Reflection of the Vibration of your Soul?

:musical_note: :musical_keyboard: :notes:

Hi Everyone,

Question:

Why do you think we like the music and melodies that we like from a spiritual point of view?

Why do we like and resonate with certain types of melodies but not others?

Some factors that I can think of of why that would be:

• YOUR MELODY TASTE = WHO YOU ARE:
    You music and melody taste resonates with your personal “soul frequency” / “vibration of your individual consciousness”.

• YOUR MELODY TASTE = A REFLECTION OF YOUR PAST EXPERIENCE:
    Your music and melody taste is in resonance with your current subconscious belief system and collected experiences and that’s why you have an emotional resonance with these melodies.
    Certain melodies trigger an emotional and brain chemistry response in you because of your current subconscious program setup.

• YOUR MELODY TASTE = PART OF YOUR PRE-ASSIGNED INCARNATIONAL ROLE
    Your Higher Self predetermined this taste before your incarnation began and assigned your current incarnational role and personality setup with a certain taste of music – in order for you to experience the incarnation from this particular role point of view and through the filter of this type of music taste.

• Other factors? A combo of the above?

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks in advance.

18 Likes

Dunno whether my thoughts fit in with your categories.
All I know is, some musical instruments are used specifically to raise vibrations
Or even flow of energy from lower chakras to higher.

In India, there are separate musical instruments played at funeral.
I feel, such musical instruments aids in emotional release or even energise you. Makes you feel like dancing. Obviously that culture is lost to modernisation.

Have heard this from my guru, the higher we move up with in spirituality, taste of music changes.
My song playlist is stuck with 1990-2005. With very few new additions.
But the kind of music that I hear definitely changed.

In Carnatic music, they even have ragas to be enjoyed at specific time in a day,., morning, evening etc., ragas to heal.

Only after taking interest into knowing what raga is, I realised most of the song I loop is based on raga darbari kanada

7 Likes

I like country music :eyes:

Especially this one.

4 Likes

The question is, why do you think you like this particular type of music and melodies?

Another interesting factor to look at, would be the preference for male and female voices which support the melody.

Does a man who prefers high-tone female voices actually has a mostly female quality and female energy oriented soul?
Or does that mean that he is so manly, that he needs to counterbalance his malehood with female energy through singing along with female voices?

What if someone likes male and female voices equally?

What if someone prefers melodies without any supporting human voices at all?

5 Likes

Cause it bring peace. The sound of guitar in general. Whether it’s electric or accoustic

2 Likes

I prefer female voice. Dunno why. Maybe I like it that way. I’m not someone who sings along or hear lyrics of the song.

Few of my friends always prefer male voice, they feel the lyrics, mood , Essence and how everything relate to their life or mood, They are sure manly enough but not “super manly” .

But, why this correlation? What are we gonna derive out of it ?

4 Likes

This is for the exploration of the question where our tastes and preferences come from.

4 Likes

Cool…
For me, even planetary cycles affect songs.

Economic reasons being another, now no more relavant thanks to technologies.

Class, society, geography even…

There are just too many reasons that we can hardly derive a proper conclusion.

3 Likes

So you mean that your taste in music changes depending on planetary cycles, economic situation, where you are geographically at etc.? :open_mouth:

1 Like

As a kid, I was drawn towards devotional music.
As year passed, under influence of Rahu , I guess I liked fast beat songs. “ item songs” as we say in India.
Also folk.

Currently, I’m more interested in Carnatic musics.
Then realised, it is effect of Jupiter.

I was born in 90’s.
Well to do generation In india moved towards TV. it was dominated by A . R. RAHMAN songs. ( modern )

Same generation kids in villages had mostly access to radios. So they grew up hearing more traditional old songs which are usually played in radios.

South Indian Brahmin class literally owns Carnatic music.

So it’s really complicated.

2 Likes

This is a really interesting question.

My answer is, maybe.

But I think there are about a thousand other factors too.

Music is such an emotional thing for me, although I’m grateful for my other senses don’t get me wrong, there’s something about sound that is the most influential for me.

I’ve gravitated toward every type of music.

I feel that music, like the sense of smell, is strongly tied to memory. Maybe you like some music because you heard it as a kid. Maybe you like it because your family listened to it. Maybe you don’t like it for that reason. Maybe you like it because you heard it over and over on that trip once. Maybe you don’t like it because something happened that you didn’t like while it was playing.

I feel like music can be like that, for this life and maybe, some music we respond to from some other lives, or from an experience in the collective that resonates with us.

I feel like music doesn’t really say so much about the person so much as educates the person or reminds the person about an emotional experience that can’t be put into words.

People change, sometimes quickly. What you like one minute, maybe you don’t like five years later. Maybe you still love it 50 years later.

I think it has more to do with the experience tied to it.

For me, anyway

6 Likes

So true.

2 Likes

I love female singers that can hit the high notes with ease like Patti Labelle, Dionne Warwick but also singers like Trey Songz, Ne-yo, Dean Martin
It’s mainly the falsetto I like. Burt bacharach makes great music.

1 Like

I think our music tastes are related to the affirmations that we need in our life and the different events. Heartbreak leads to sad rhythm and blues music. Anger turns to metal and hip hop.
We look for the lyrics to relate to and give us comfort

3 Likes

I like Beethoven and Mozart because their music is accessible but takes the listener to mental states not easily accessible by other means. I suppose I’m seeking those states.

6 Likes

Was actually thinking about this for a few days now.

Exactly the reason I can´t listen to at least half of the songs I enjoyed in the past. I just don´t want to asscociate with the (self)hate,shame,lack…-suggestions that are omnipresent in a lot of songs anymore.
In the past those songs got me really going, sometimes served as an amplifier of my hate or sadness, but now is another time…

Absolutely! The more I release my past and the conditioned selfhate against my heritage the more I feel connected with norse and celtic music. Really feels familiar
The same goes with some mantras.

Depending on the situation it differs ofc. Music is not only selfexpression but amplifies your current state so its a powerful tool especially combined with rituals like dancing

I am sure it is a combination

3 Likes

I love techno.

I think it first started with me finding my country`s pop music shallow/distasteful. Then I discovered EDM and when I was about, dunno 20, personal limitations/shame I put on myself subconsciosuly left me, I started exploring faster paced music.

That was Tech House genre. Again as I let go even more, the greater the BPM of music I liked was.
Amelie Lens, Nina Kraviz, Marikka Rossa etc.

Still if artist resonates with me as a person, I will like their music. Good example are Giolli and Assia :star_struck:.

Also I love Handpans and plan to purchase one in the future.

Classical music from time to time as well.

Then one time, which wasnt that long ago, I went to private techno party, expecting something like Amelie Lens. What I entered was like some underground depth of hell itself with 160+ BPM sound that isnt even that much layered, people out there as u can guess, danced like in appropriate manner and I was left baffled.

I was like WHAT THE HELL IS THIS I DONT KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS.
5 minutes later I am dancing to that music like I have been my whole life. I was in first row by the end of the night and ever since, been more involved with that culture.

Last rave I went to I didnt even smoke weed, cuz I wanted to truly see if this is what I like or it is just an occasion that gives me excuse to get high and vibe.

My stoned friend merged with the couch that was there (dont ask why there are couches and pillows on a rave I DONT KNOW) and I went to front row to dance and was approached by people asking me to give them what I consumed :rofl: or to sell whatever I have. They were baffled when I said, nope sober af.

Ofc there was some anxiety at the beginning and all the way to the end, I am surrounded by junkies that are well versed with this and have insane moves and mine are mediocre, but that didnt stop me from having a blast and being the faaaaaaastest guy there :sunglasses: I also managed to meet few people I vibe with and now get in touch from time to time, especcialy if there is a rave happening

It is like techno awakens something primal in me, and the body moves on its own.
I love that there are no lyrics, everyone is free to interpret it however they feel at the moment and that is it. In any other place, someone would judge u for how u react to music(dance) in case it is too much weird, but on a rave, everyone is weird and no one cares, if anything, the more unique u are, the more u will be liked (personal experience).

Still, I do listen to other genre from time to time, what I mentioned above.

2 Likes

If you’re not into Metal you are not my friend.

:metal:

…and this statement provides exactly what value to the discussion?

1 Like