Youtube's new Hidden dislike feature

In case you’ve missed it, you can no longer see the dislikes in a video on youtube…

on Twitter, they said “…this change is about protecting our creators by reducing targeted dislikes attacks (esp for smaller channels)…”

what does everyone think about this?

7 Likes

imo: censoring how people feel about something, the dislike showed the audience something. I even had an extension that showed me the like to dislike ratio before even clicking on a video, it was my way to see what videos I didn’t even want to waste my time on.

What’s going to stop all those scammer videos from getting someone else’s pc from getting a virus or bloatware for wanting to download something online?

this whole (esp for smaller channels) is a load of c*ap. the people are tired of the b.s and want to make sure they are heard, this was a blow to that.

11 Likes

It was all a long time coming. Lol, they pretty much did everything else.

At least we don’t have to use our real names with verified IDs :eyes:
For now…

10 Likes

Don’t give them ideas who knows someone who works in yt might be lurking here lol

2 Likes

Most platforms have started to mandate ID proofs for certain actions and checking for fake accounts and fake news… I hope it’s not coming in the next few months, but gradually and gentefully, it’s bound to happen at signing up with regular checkings. Soon phone numbers won’t be enough.

You can think of it has a privilege that your country still allows you to hide behind pseudonyms online

6 Likes

Yah probably but honestly I wouldn’t care since yt can be used even without account. So unlike the accounts of Facebook and other platform yt account ain’t needed to watch or search FOR NOW lol

4 Likes

Sounds like they are not putting in the work to protect youngsters from harmful content :rage:
lol

5 Likes

But the irony is that yt itself promoted bots or fake likes for their content or for brands or celebs. And they definitely want to hide dislike to promote brands , politicians or celebs and whatever claims they make about this is just BS. If they really cared about small creators then those creators wouldn’t have to reach a specific amount of views to start earning money from their content

6 Likes

And not to mention they never cared about like or dislike ratio anyways. If they did then they would never strike down quality content from many creators with decent amount of likes in them. For example the way they took down many vids of sapien med just proves it. Cuz most of his vids has almost 100 percent like ratio but they still does it anyways. So as long as it goes against their aganda they’ll just take down the vid anyways. The lame exuces they would use for that is that it was reported lol besides there are thousands of people views content from different creators so reports are no surprise either cuz you can’t make everyone happy for whatever reason . like c’mon if that was the cause then literally most media channel would end up losing 98 percent of their content. And the same thing would happen with most disliked vids. So I’m not surprised at slightest that they are adding this now. Just surprised they didn’t do it earlier.

2 Likes

Don’t waste your time ranting about what a mainstream political and social engineering platform does. These cucks and simps at YT are just cogwheels in a big alien controlled agenda. They even allow negative erotic hypnosis to freely spread on their platform – but a dislike button “could hurt someone’s feelings”… :expressionless:

YT will become even more like Disney and Netflix. Just daily brainwashing for the masses. A platform that most intelligent folks will avoid more and more in the future because truth requires freedom from censorship.

99.999% of YT content is not just useless but even negative for your manifestations. So if you pay attention to what you consume, you probably have less then 100 channels in your subscription feed anyways and with mostly videos that you like.

For the YT recommendations with their brainwashing headlines, I recommend the browser plug-in “Unhook YouTube” so that you really only see the recommendations of your subscribed channels. Otherwise people click on those other headlines all the time because of FOMO and then waste their time.

Keep in mind:

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it."

Vote with your watch time.
Vote with your attention energy (Shen).

11 Likes

The fact is that all social media is spineless but at least they don’t come up with lame excuse like yt does lol it has to be the worst platform that’s out there

1 Like

YouTube who

1 Like

YouTube has been gearing up to do this for awhile now surprised it took them this long. I don’t know if they’re still doing this but if you went to any video about a conspiracy theory, YouTube would insert a Wikipedia article underneath the video “debunking” the theory. Best part was that it was triggered by a keyword, not the actual content of the video. So it could be a harmless video a 12 year old uploaded, but if it has the words “Reptillian” in it, YouTube would automatically insert their LE EPIC DEBUNK post.

Honestly this is pretty great news when you think about it. They are losing control of the narrative and getting ratio’d so hard they actually have to disable any form of dissent. Remember YouTube when it wasn’t such a corporate sanitized jungle?

1 Like

I would of done a lot of dumb shit if it wernt for them dislikes XD

7 Likes