A New Way of Approaching Community Projects?

How is clarify what you said a “linguistical analysis”?

I understand what The Awakened Body does because the description is available. Can I ask for it?

3 Likes

Why do you think you have or should have pre-designated rights and control over it.
As with the perception that ‘enlightenment’ is free and everybody should have it, these fields should be free and accessible to all.
I disagree.
You have to work towards the things you want,
This is what builds experience and makes you and your subconscious appreciate what you have.

What Captain wrote when people said this about MBoP
Full post above my screenshot and even further up quoted by Violet Message 35 in this chat.

4 Likes

I never said I should have pre-designated rights and control over it. He said I could have “anything I want”. As you know, “anything” is an absolute term, which by definition, includes MBOP.

So I clarified to make sure I am understand him correctly.

Yes if you are inventive enough and genuine you can probably get almost anything thats positive im pretty sure he wont do something that increases toxic hurtful low vibrational behaviour or energy.
And you should not take this to literally it feels a bit like you dont want to get Philips point here.
Maybe you really don’t understand what he is trying to convey but well things are how they are and they are not bad.

1 Like

I respectfully disagree. In fact, I am literally clarifying what he’s saying because I am trying to get his point.

How else am I suppose to take “anything I want” other than literally, in this context?

Well not literally :rofl:
Its not anything you want but much is possible :)

1 Like

You can have anything your really want, not just fomo want.

You want things you understand will make you happy, not greed to have what others have.

If you understood BPOP, you could tweak it, change it a bit, make it better 0.1% different. You should improve things, make it personal for your situation because you are unique.

That’s the game and that won’t change.

But you wouldn’t call it the same and flat out copy everything.

Even China changes the names of the tech it’s stole

You don’t want to get better, you don’t a better this or that… you want what you see outside

You can go to the same place, but you don’t need the exact same step, shoes and car.

But you can get the same end results

We don’t want fields to have fields, we want wha the fields do and you can ask for another way to get the same results.

You can literally get the same results in another way.

I hope this is clarified enough and the confusion is now gone.

Stop trying to find the exception or flaw.

Ask yourself “what do I want ?” and make a project like everyone else.

The rules are the same for everyone, why should some people have a problem with it ?

2 Likes

Look I understand where this comes from.

When the NFTs here started I was going crazy “Oh I NEED X,Y,Z…if others will have it, how will I progress without it, how will I get enough money before it is sold out, others here are more liked/influential/more wealthy and will be favoured…THATS UNFAIR!”.

But we are not dependent on fields. They are tools. Something that makes your life / work etc. easier.
Ofc it is a good feeling of having something exclusive, especially from the quality dream provides.
Mission Failed? Get em next time.

If you really want to have properties xyz or work with xyz you will be able to do without THIS specific field that you have missed out on.
If it is really important to you and not “Oh I need THIS field, there will never be an alternative”.
There are always multiple ways to get where you want. To where you really want.

Desire and dependency are 2 different things, don´t limit yourself bc you´ve missed out on one specific opportunity :slight_smile:

Just my opinion.

6 Likes

wow @Violet you’re gone for a couple and you come back and it feel different. :slightly_smiling_face: can’t put my fingers on it but it’s noticed.

:joy::joy:

I’m one of those individuals that wasn’t able to join any regional groups when they were recruiting. The groups were full, and there were individuals who already took their seats in different groups. But very soon some members came with brilliant ideas. These members created public projects. Some projects were very interesting and those who had enough free time and money joined the groups. There were some special NFTs that I really wanted to have them, if the groups wouldn’t have closed in a blink. Later I joined a group but major part of the work was on the burden of the leader. Only one third or in the most optimistic case half of the members were active, the others wouldn’t even click on the link of the document in order to read the project. I myself didn’t stay in that group because of personal issues. Now that nobody knows me well, can I expect a group to have me as a member? Absolutely not.
I think you yourself are capable of making your own projects. For the first time you can ask someone to lead the project. Be careful who you ask for help. (At that time the person who we invited to help us annoyed us a lot.) The person you choose as a leader should be polite, active, available, etc. When you look at the modern society you see improvements in the books of laws, technology, etc. So there are always some spaces for improvement, right? We’ve experienced a little improvement in NFT section, because not all people get satisfied in the same way. I can’t say we can’t have improvements in this section, however I think the best way is that you run your own projects.

2 Likes

It is a shame the way some words have been twisted so lets make a few things crystal clear:

1. Nobody has suggested 1,000,000 copies (or such huge quantities).
  2. Nobody has suggested that anything should be free.
  3. Nobody has suggested they want to obtain every single field.
  4. Nobody has suggested they don’t want to contribute projects.

I would suggest to those wanting to genuine have a discussion about this not to rise to the baiting posts that add nothing. They are made to devolve the conversation into something toxic that will change the narrative of discussion, discourage people from engaging or even get this topic locked. It is a well known tactic. Lets continue to civilly discuss this.

Now to address some of the points I’ve seen come up that are similar in nature.

First, there was something about making fields 0.0001% different and asking the captain to make it again.

I think MBoP was referenced in this remark. So let me ask you if 50 people would like something like MBoP, the best solution would be 5 groups of 10 asking the Captian to make it 5 times over with 0.0001% difference?

What advantages over simply minting 50 would this approach have?

Second, there was something about working hard/earning it.

Lets be honest here fields are a shortcut that are designed to reduce to time and effort to reach a certain goal. Most fields these days are about automation or smart fields doing the work.

Perhaps you are referring to the creative process? Can you really say its working hard and earning it by drawing on other peoples knowledge/experience/research then paying someone else to automate the work so you can achieve it in a fraction of the time/effort? What about someone who has to pay thousands for it do they now meet those requirements?

Nothing wrong using fields to achieve something but lets not kid ourselves we have done something special to acquire and use them. Even the planning for a community field pales in comparison to work/effort of achieving those objectives without a field.

Third, projects being too close to the heart/personal to share.

I must admit seeing many projects soon after minting become available for a huge markup, makes me wonder how many of such personal projects are there really.

However, like I said in the OP I’m am not suggesting every field should be more available, if it genuinely so(too personal) keep it small/limited, no issues there. The problem though is most are kept limited purely for extreme profit.

Fourth, costs of minting more/larger copies

With the cost of fields it should not take many sales to completely cover any such cost. I think there are almost 35,000 copies of the Ascension-naut minted so I don’t this would be a problem. We are not even talking about anything near that number.

Fifth, rarity or allowing too many powerful fields in circulation

This was pre-community projects there are now literally thousands and thousands of powerful fields in circulation. Plus as others have mentioned you can ask for the same field over and over to be released with slight differences so those points shouldn’t be a problem.

There are others responses but I don’t have the time right now to go through them, I will try to when I can. I am also happy to see other suggestions on how to improve the experience for more people, mine at the start was just to spark the discussion not a hard rule I want to implement. I have a few other ideas but I will post them next time.

I will end by reiterating the goal is not to set fixed rules stating the exact amount that every project should have but to add flexibility and thought into each release.

Those behind the The Tuaoi Crystal and Panther Totem projects have recognized these issues and tried to find a middle ground. Not everyone got one but they did reach a much higher amount of people. However, it does not mean I want/expect them to release all their projects in this manner, it is enough they considered when they can an cannot do so.

10 Likes

I hope nobody start bombarding me. This is only a suggestion that could be rejected politely. Also I don’t continue this discussion any further.

First, what members of a group are doing is doing a research based on someone else’s search or researches (reading a book, finding a related article, etc). The only thing which is unique is the idea for starting that project, as well as the way that our Captain makes the NFTs. Many of the projects could be done in a specific amount of time. Very few projects need months of work and sweat! Many of them remain undecided for a long time due to the internal problems. Or because the members of that group are present in different projects. Captain can run his projects without help of any of the members, right? Although when the NFTs are made this brings a win-win opportunity for both parties, let’s be honest. Who needs whom? So, this is a bless that we’re able to ask him to make special NFTs/ fields/ etc.

Now the suggestion: Captain can make available the extra copies of some special projects (not all of them) after a certain amount of time. Like 4 to 6 months. So on one hand those who have done the project have time to sell their extra copies with a good price in order to make profit. On the other hand, those who are really interested will buy those NFTs from the members of that group immediately.
It’s obvious that the prices of extra copies (which will be presented months later) will be higher, but the Captain will have time for 4 to 6 months to decide about the prices of such projects. He may even consult with the members of the groups about the price or he can decide about it based on his own fair opinion. The only problem is that some members can’t sell any copies for thousands of dollars in the future. Of course, such projects can be marked by the captain in the first place. So the members of that group can already decide how many copies to buy.

Also, if the members of a group finish their projects in a limited amount of time (like 2 to 4 weeks,…) their projects will remain exclusive, otherwise Captain can decide to make the extra copies of the NFTs from the begining, then he will put them on the website (immediately or 4 to 6 months later, based on the situation).

2 Likes

I’ll probably be stepping in a puddle of sh!t by posting, but it’s a thought that seems worth expressing.

To me, one of the big reasons for interacting with NFTs at all is having the ability to connect to and work with an energy that would otherwise be outside the range of what I can do on my own. —The energy, concepts, and connections that the NFT itself brings are basically the entire point.

So having the discussion turn to matters of economy, profit, rarity, exclusive ownership of tokens… I don’t know… It’s a byproduct of the medium that they exist in but, to me, that’s not really supposed to be the point behind the existence of the NFTs.

I’ll go back to hiding now lol

4 Likes

:joy: so funny

At first point of view, yes, the NFTs are unique arts. However for producing, transferring, the ownership of these NFTs money transactions happen. When the members trade their NFTs, they try to earn money even for being able to buy another NFT in order to experience the energy of some other pieces of art. Yes, there are some other members who start selling the NFTs even before experiencing the beauty of their masterpieces. Lack of aboundancy in some cases, making themselves busy and satisfied with achieving a small amount of profit in some other cases, or even having fun and enjoying of being in such a business, etc. cause them to behave like this. But this is their own property, right? Technically they have right to enter such a business.

Anyway, I think a huge change won’t happen in NFT section. Any suggestions won’t 100% guarantee that the benefits of all parties will be kept. We all know that for community projects Captain makes the NFTs on demand. So if we ask him to produce more copies, the group members will buy less copies. So Captain puts his time and energy on producing copies that won’t be cashed on time. I mean each decisions has its own consequences. I think he may be able to do such a thing for very rare projects. Anyway, I still believe if others want to have special NFTs, they can always start their own projects.

I recommend everyone to read UgniS’ post again which is above. :clap:

2 Likes