AMPK and mTor

I would like to warn everyone who exercises and are looking forward to building muscle or getting thin

AMPK is an incredible audio if you want to lose weight. Altough if you want to win muscle, stop using it since AMPK will mostly burn it. AMPK is one of the signaling pathways of catabolism so it will help you lose muscle and weight

Edit: forgot to elaborate something:

mTor is the exact opposite. It is, like, if you had a whey protein that makes you lose weight and be a cardio bunny (ampk) and another whey protein (mtor) that makes you gain muscle and be a bodybuilder

Catabolism: AMPK
Anabolism: mTor

mTor would be a dope audio

13 Likes

Well, that certainly gives me pause. Appreciate you posting this. I will have to do some more research.

1 Like

Interesting article

2 Likes

Can you report a link to this AMPK?
Many thanks for sharing Gustavo!

1 Like

Thanks

I think ampk helps muscle from what I d read

Yes it does, it doesn’t “burn” muscle, so don’t worry about what the other person said

2 Likes

Matter of fact, it promotes muscle synthesis

2 Likes

" With regards to carbs, AMPk activation inhibits glycogen storage and increases glucose uptake, it appears to be very involved in improving insulin sensitivity for this reason."

3 Likes

The metabolic protein AMPK has been described as a kind of magic bullet for health. Studies in animal models have shown that compounds that activate the protein have health-promoting effects to reverse diabetes, improve cardiovascular health, treat mitochondrial disease – even extend life span.

2 Likes