Anime, Manga, Manhwa and Light Novels

Sorry for jumping in randomly but aaaa fellow Kimetsu no yaiba fan!

Uwa I’m happy to see someone mentioning the part about Tanjiro’s soul! Like literally the (minor) enemy was so overwhelmed by the love and pureness of Tanjiro’s soul that he started crying and ended up not destroying his soul core ;;

And yes their breathing technique is really similar to meditation! ww Now if only we could get to that level where we even meditate in our sleep like them www

Ufotable-san really did a good job with the movie so I’m always glad to see more people who enjoyed it! :laughing:

3 Likes

please do! this thread is meant to encourage discussion and sharing your thoughts about your favourites and not-so-favourites!

mugen train spoiler reply

yeah i love that demon slayer shows that even demons can remember their humanity.

i feel like demons in this universe are the representation of service to self in which they hunger for more and more but are never truly satisfied. whenever a demon dies it usually goes to their EGO’s perspective constantly talking and probably speeding up to a realization. in this case, the main villain will likely reincarnate back into the negative path and try again.

the hashira are almost like service to others (i say almost because they primarily use violence to defend as i’m sure talking things out will lead to all of their deaths).

rengoku has shown me what it’s like to be part of a cause for life and to protect the innocent in a deeper level.

i feel like rengoku has an expanded field of view as alluded to by tanjiro asking where he keeps looking at. he’s actually not using his physical eyes to see but just his whole body’s awareness to see 360 around and above him.

this is strengthened by the fact that rengoku can see inside tanjiro’s body.

it would be like you on the computer looking at your sims and fully seeing inside them and choosing to go first person or third person view.

just my theory!

i was quite impressed by the visuals and their mix of 3d and 2d art. i kept forgetting i was watching a mainly 2D anime because the background felt so life-life and 3D to me.

3 Likes

Huge Naruto Fan here! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

New Chainsaw Man anime teaser looks great, looks like MAPPA will deliver.

2 Likes

Guess it is time for my contribution here.
I am on phone getting ready for bed so u will have to deal with names without images until I edit it.

Jujutsu kaisen-story,animation,supernatural it has it all.

God of highschool-animation is insane,superpowers,martial arts and it is fast paced.Story is also interesting but not the strongest quirk.

My hero aca-superpowers,story and it just hits u in the feels.

Now for some underdogs-
Moriarty the patriot-story is insanely good,animation top notch and u get really emotionally invested as well.Not to mention it has strategy level close to Code geass(amongst first anime I watched,still remains in top 10).
Tokyo revengers-time travel,but it doesnt give MC some crazy advantage,it serves as a tool to tell a story in unique way,where moments of MC feeling limited,helpless,rly resonated with me. 95% of anime is just good story where u get to know characters and easily get emotionally invested.I have a soft spot for anime that is about struggle and this down to earth story makes it have bigger impact than other anime like Bleach,where u have someone as strong as Ichigo blaming himself for being weak cuz he cant beat villain like Ulqiorra or Aizen.Here u have a normal dude blaming himself cuz he is average in everything,but enough of spoiling.I didnt expect this anime to get me so hooked on,but it did.

Bungou stray dogs-powers,animation,story it has it all just like Jujutsu kaisen,but its like v1.0 where JK is 2.0.Still great and overlooked I think.

Tower of God-such a captivating story that after anime ended I read manga which I usually avoid.Props to @psynergy for mentioning it.
That is it for now,gonna edit and format this better tomorrow.

2 Likes

Last temp was good?

ITS on my LIST to watch but i want to rewatch whole seeries so i can enjoy it and not wait 1 week for each chapter lol

if you are open to recomendations :

This one . WAS AWESOME , i just watched because was of the same creator of RE ZERO .

History and animation DOPE and i dont know about your music tastes but I will BET you may enjoy the OST.

:ok_hand: :ok:

1 Like

Sure you can do that.

Not gonna lie, that scene where Reiner and Bertolt transformed for the first time was epic :100:

And the music was soooo good :heart_eyes:

I might watch Jujitsu Kaisen in the future. It seems good

2 Likes

It was the same epic as this one?

Hope you remmember that , was soo good :heartbeat:

3 Likes

It isss my friendo

5 Likes

YESSSS!!

So good!!
It still gives me goosebumps everytime I watch it :star_struck:
Bertholdt GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes

Which anime’s does everyone enjoy watching?

2 Likes

if you’d like to add what you’re currently watching!

1 Like

Has anyone seen Welcome to demon school! Iruma-kun and My next life as a villainess?
I didn’t have much time to watch anime recently but these two were probably my favorites this year, they’re so wholesome :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Highly highly recommended. Eng sub and dub is on YouTube.
The most complete analysis on human nature and philosophy. Naoki Urusawa is a genius. I hope more people can appreciate this very underrated anime.

I am a huge fan of One Piece.

I also love That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. I even read the orginal light novel of it and it is fantastic. Highly recommend both the anime and the novel.

@psynergy Wow I just realized that the first Manga you recommended was from China. It is very interesting to see it here. It was originally an online novel and yes China has tons of fantasy novels like this that people cultivate themselves using either ancient methods or western methods to become Gods. Thanks for bringing this up! Hope you enjoy more Chinese Mangas :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

I will recommend a Chinese novel here if anyone is interested, called Lord of Mysteries. The author is Cuttlefish that loves diving. It is really interesting and tools of divination and tarot concept and some astrology are integrated in this novel. I think Manga is probably not satisfying but the novel is really good. There is English version available. Really excited to discuss about it with someone here :star_struck: :star_struck:.

3 Likes

i like a lot of different media from different countries!

cultivation/leveling/experience/etc it’s all connected and tells the story of progress, trials, and success!

2 Likes

finished the latest season of:

so refreshing! i missed having this optimism and carefreeness in my life!

1 Like

Thanks to this type of knowledge i watch Naruto jaja,but my first anime was Dragonball Z and didn’t even thought about this gnosis, metaphysical knowledge etc

1 Like

Thanks to my son, I’m familiar with Naruto, Dragonball Z, One Piece & Black Clover. I also love anything that has come out of Ghibli Studios. If you asked me which was my favorite, I’d be hard pressed to answer …I like them all.

However, just today he introduced me to “Jojo’s Bizarre Adventures (Stardust Crusaders)”. I must say I find their use of tarot fascinating! It’s really well done!

2 Likes