Are some Insect Species Failing with their Evolution?

Since biological evolution takes place primarily through morphic fields (as per Rupert Sheldrake), then why are insects such slow learners and such slow adopters?

Billions and Billions of insects have died during the last hundred years by falling for articifial light sources from humans, by being trapped in bottles and homes, by falling for human made poison traps etc.

Yet, they still continue to make the same mistakes again and again and keep on dying due to the same reasons…

Aren’t a hundred years and Billions of deaths not enough input for their morphic fields to finally make them learn and adjust their behavior so that they no longer die for the most stupid reasons?

Especially certain types of insects like flies, bees, wasps etc. seem to never learn… :thinking:

How much more input do their morphic fields need?

Disclaimer: That's just my personal feeling and observation. I have no scientific data at hands to substantiate this assumption.

7 Likes

I’m going to–kindly–suggest that your OP, whilst certainly honest and heart-felt, has some presuppositions baked into it. Now, this is true for all that any of us say. And like presuppositions do, your presuppositions skew your perspective. The next question becomes, “Is this skewing helpful (or beneficial or wanted or…or…or…) for you?”

Now, only you can answer that question for yourself. And, in case you answer that they are unhelpful (or whatever) for you, let me highlight some of the presuppositions I’m seeing (so you can work through them with your powerful mind):

Are they “such slow” learners or “slow” adopters? How do you know this? Is it simply from the numbers you’re noticing that are dying? That sort of overlooks the very real fact that all living things will die.

This brings me to me to your next presupposition. (And hold the prior thought because I’m going to come back to that.) Since all living things will die, is that truly “failing”? Or might they be succeeding at life which, in human terms, “ends” at “death”?

Going back to my original point, what if the insects that you’re noticing have a myriad of intentions? Sure, “evolution” of their species is probably one of them. But what if–from a broader, “higher” perspective–they also have an intention to feed the other species who are in this present world, and so are helping to maintain the balance and stability of this world, which you and I want to some degree? What if they are more connected to their Higher Selves than most of us “selfish” humans and they see a bigger picture than we do and pace themselves accordingly?

What if they are cooperative compenents.to us people, highlighting how our own efforts to accomplish our comfort might be out of alignment with the balance that they might be participating and, through their deaths (and the ripple effects of their deaths), they get us to modify our methods of accomplishing our comfort (such as through our outlawing of the once-popular DDT) so that we too can better participate in that balance? Is that “failing,” too? Are they dying for “stupid reasons”? In a broader perspective, can any reason that any living being does (as is inevitable) be labeled “stupid”?

You mention “a hundred years and Billions of deaths” (and that’s all right–Im not criticising you). That’s a human perspective, because in terms of insects who have been on this planet much longer and in far greater numbers than we have, a hundred years and Billions of deaths might just be a blip on their collective consciousness.

Do you honestly know that these insects are truly “never seem(ing) to learn”? How do you know for sure? Maybe they are learning I ways that have escaped your notice? There have been.recent studies that indicate that many species are evolving at much faster rates than had previously been recorded. Maybe “insects”(which are a vast and broad genus of species) are among those species, just in ways that scientists are noticing but you have not yet?

I can go on, but I think I’ve given you enough to o get your powerful mind thinking. Have fun!

ETA: What if they did what they intended to do (like giving some human malaria and “scoring one for the insect team,” “getting even” with us in the conflict you’re noticing? What if they are willing dying in the ways that you’re noticing so that they can reincarnate as some “higher” form of life?

5 Likes

And the obligatory disclaimer that these, too, are my prejudices, presuppositions and interpretations. I’m not posting them as an attempt to sell you on them or to ramrod them down your throat. Just to give you some food for thought. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The same could be said for humans so how come we are still stupid and not yet realized we are God?

4 Likes

I believe these insects are also inadvertently helped by us a great deal, too

The garbage we throw out, the food we bring, the crops we plant, the bird feeders we put out-

They know we are beneficial in certain ways, so I guess they roll the dice and sometimes they win, sometimes not

3 Likes

Perhaps because there is God that not human species.

We never alone. Human can also easily be controlled by something.

1 Like

Good question(s)! @WellBeing and everyone else offered good answers as well, there is nothing that I can add to this, so who knows why they are dying like crazy, so many of them (?) …
I asked myself too, many times when I killed insects and spiders inside my house (I try to not kill them outside, of course, wasps might be the exception, but only if it’s absolutely necessary) I asked myself if what I’m doing is ok or if these small beings/creatures have any purpose, but some answers are beyond me …

I can’t suffer spiders or mosquitoes (for spiders I’m actually feeling sorry, sometimes, not for mopsquitos, these bastards are stealing a valuable valuable resource :sweat_smile:) and I’m wondering if killing them brings bad karma (?) (I hope not, otherwise I might reincarnate as an animal or suffer for killing these small creatures) …

1 Like