Is killing spiders and insects bad karma?

Is killing spiders and insects bad karma?
How do you proceed when dealing with insects or spiders inside your house or inside any place? How about outside?
I’m asking because I try to not kill any insect or spider or anything outside, but if they are/come inside my home, well, I’m sorry …
I’m not enjoying killing them, it’s just that I’m repulsed/scared by them and I don’t want to have them crawl on me or something, plus I don’t want to be bitten by them.

What is your view on this, both from a personal filter and a spiritual perspective?

I had to ask this question after reading this topic from @JAAJ

2 Likes

I put them outside.

Your fear is not their problem.

Gonna suck when you find out your next life is a spider, and the current you is the one who kills it…

3 Likes

Ouch … I hope not. How about people who eat animals (I’m a vegetarian, I only eat dairy products and protein from dairy products, else I only eat fruit/vegetable/anything green/non-animal)? How about killing insects using pesticides and so many things? …

Bro i so scared of spiders, Because their are some that dont look scary but are really deadly to ones health, Then their are spiders that look really scary but arnt harmfull.

1 Like

It’s entirely possible you get to be all of them, and almost certain you will at least experience their interactions with you from their perspective.

Just assume any being you interact with is you in your next life.

5 Likes

If that’s true, well, it sucks to be me in the next few lives …

BUT don’t we kill bacteria and what not, even without wanting to do so?
I don’t know what to say on this subject, if killing any other being means we are going to be/get killed, then hell (here, on this Earth) is a long road/journey for many of us …

2 Likes

I murder them :policewoman: :police_car:

10 Likes

At least someone else is. Well, I’ll have company in the next few lives, since I think that many people kill spiders and many other beings/creatures who crawl …

You should be, we all should be. :joy:

3 Likes

How about if I do hooponopono or something (like asking for forgiveness and wishing them good, is this a cheat code?) for their souls and for their evolution?
Will that help them (AND ME)?

As a Concept I UNDERSTAND that ALL LIFE is A Manifestation of The Highest Reality/Being, but from our limited perspective, we have fears and we do harm to each other, one way or another …

That doesn’t sound very sincere if you intend to do something bad and then ask for forgiveness

4 Likes

I do that because I’m sorry, I don’t want to kill them, but they are slippery and I’m not that great at catching them, so what should I do, let them live inside my house (sometimes I see these scary spiders, should I let them be as well) (?)

@SorcerySupreme Are you Absolutely Sure that that is the karma for anyone who kills spiders, insects?
How about if I refuse such a karma or thing? Am I not a Sovereign Soul?
Is there no negotiation going on with the Higher Self?
What if I want to be handicapped (no disrespect to anyone) or something (instead of being an insect or a spider)?

And I thought Spirituality is all about going beyond our condition; wasn’t Buddha or some Saint a murderer in some previous life/incarnation before reaching enlightenment or sainthood?
Isn’t a “bad person” capable of reaching higher states or enlightenment?
Do we have to live and suffer for many lifetimes/a long time before reaching something better?

1 Like

Nope

1 Like

There is an old Buddhist story that keeps coming back to my mind, that of Asanga and the sick dog. Can you imagine picking worms from an open wound with your own mouth… ? I can’t. I’ve killed my share of bugs and spiders - not because I hate them or wish them harm but because they scare me and I can’t stand them in my living spaces.

And yet.

And yet.

2 Likes

I think you should what you can to avoid killing them, however the intent with which you do counts too, it’s different to kill a mosquito to avoid getting bitten from killing an insect you could have sent away from your home.

3 Likes

Man I hate cockroaches so if I put an anti-cockroach spray on my floor I didn’t kill them, the spray did. Problem solved. Thank you Lord!

5 Likes

I hate to see anything in pain or gone before what I think might be its time (although who am I to say) so if I can I put it outside. Or in the case of non-crazy, run of the mill spiders, I let them live here because they perform a service

Sometimes though…some of those little guys like ants really step on my toes so I have to take action

7 Likes

Damn good advice here.

1 Like

Your afterlife processing varies from person to person, but in your “life review” I think you are likely to experience things from the perspective of all beings with which you interacted.

Your life will not be lesser by assuming this is so.

2 Likes

And when you truly ascend and realize you’re just God playing Grand Theft Auto with himself…

8 Likes

Well, it’s a great game, life that is (and GTA, of course)! :smiley:
Are we playing on hard difficulty now? I think so …