As Above, So Below

Same with “The Great Kings of the Past” haha

3 Likes

What does satori-fied mean?

2 Likes

Well, I’m not sure how accurate my experience and perspective to describe them because honestly I didn’t even know about what they were or believe in higher entities at the time. I suppose it’s one of the biggest reasons that it turned into a bad trip for me. My earlier experiences was mostly consisted of higher perspectives in this realm, like seeing sound in colors, or auras of trees, small synchronicities etc. BUT having been to one of them before ever knowing about them what makes me believe in their existence. One could assume “oh he heard/saw it somewhere, and experienced a similar hallucination”, nope, I accidentally ended up there, and then discovered that it was a thing.

A friend of mine had us do an access bars practice prior to taking LSD + smoking mj, so perhaps that’s a reason that I got into a realm that is totally distinct from where we are. In the beginning, It was mostly moving constructs of geometrical shapes / lights, then I could get into a giant galaxy-like dust/energy construct when I jumped into one simple box, there I could
teleport into certain lives and live them, like earthly lives, and I assume it was my imagination although it felt quite real, maybe more real than what we experience here. it was really fun in the beginning but then I missed home, my family, my dog, etc. Although I was able to come back at an instant, time was extremely slow here, and I could close my eyes and go to the other realm live like 3 months, come back and see that it’s been only a minute here. I knew it was going to pass once the drug ceases its affects, but that wasn’t like a regular LSD trip of 8 hours feeling like a several days. It was taking decades, and I was not able to communicate this to my friends, who were also in slow motion with incredible interconnectedness / synchronicity, which is really heavy stuff for a mind that is not familiar with that level of perception. And I’m talking about a mind that had already experienced a fair amount of time dilation, synesthesia, extreme visual “hallucinations”, synchronicities, etc. This was 1000x beyond a regular LSD trip experience.

Here’s an interesting comment on “hallucinations”; how likely is it for several people to hallucinate the same thing? standing in the same place, taken same drugs, yeah makes sense, but a total change of vision from a sunny summer to snowy winter, saying “wooow” at the same time, and thinking “are we seeing the same thing?” and asking “wait what do you see?”, just to find out she describes exactly what I a saw… That was the day I started believing there was something beyond what we experience here, and “hallucinations” weren’t just what I thought they were.

Anyways, long story short, it’s best to take things slow. Adjusting between experiences takes a special kind of effort.

My intention for sharing this story is mostly to warn people, otherwise anything I say -even if I write a novel-, is only as good as a fantasy story to enjoy. Any other objective is futile. It’s ineffable.

3 Likes

Great questions man. I’ve asked these same questions on occasion along the journey… There are so many pathways to the dissolution of ego that there really isn’t one answer to your question. But I’ll offer some of my perspective on it.

Your ego identifying with other things as soon you detach from one aspect that you believed yourself to be, is a natural part of the process. Don’t remember his name but a guru said something along the lines of ’ Enlightenment is measured by a thousand ego deaths.’ I don’t think he meant 1 thousand literally but you don’t just dissolve your ego once and it is gone and you are free. For one, you don’t get rid of your ego. You detach from it. In a way, every ego death is like pulling away and breaking free from one of the thousand chains that keep you tethered to your ego’s reality.

But see, there’s another thing. You seem to be looking for things to identify with. When you realize you aren’t your ego, you believe you are all your ancestors…. That you are your spirit…. That you are the spirit of everything….that you are something. Well, what if I told you… you are nothing. There is nothing to identify with. You aren’t one thing or the other. You are nothing at all. And in being nothing, you are also everything because nothing contains everything that is. Nothing is infinity. It is non-duality. And it is through knowing nothingness, that you will know enlightenment.

Beyond this, what you seem to be experiencing is also… spiritual ego. Believing you are something more. The thought that you are something bigger. Don’t fall into that trap as many do. It happens naturally so you’re not really at fault here. There is no right way to overcome this but I guess the way me and dream did is by realizing how insignificant we really are. We aren’t that important in the scale of infinity. And so…. we don’t develop a god complex.

When I have the time to write more, I’ll expand on this. Fun topic! :blush:

22 Likes

The fact that Dream and You also undergone this is somehow making me hopefull. You mean like changing “I am something” mindset to " I am nothing" or “I am not” There was an occult society I was part some time ago, and they teached “Void meditation” but that Group was kinda racist so I left after some time, and discredited its teachings as irrelevant

3 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

This

5 Likes

I also feel the need to mention something that Dream told me once that is pivotal to Ego Dissolution. It isn’t just that the ego is resisting the dissolution… it’s also that the subconscious is protecting us from the unknown. There is very little known of enlightenment. Of what it is like to have no ego. And what is said… isn’t very clear and so outside the ordinary experience that it still sounds very foreign. What comes after once you are enlightened? What is life going to be like? Will you still be able to function normally?

Many people assosciate enlightenment with dying or the final goal in life. But those same people still want to live and enjoy it all… and not the slightest clue of how to live life after enlightenment. Such contradictions are understood by the subconscious and therefore, it protects you.

What we don’t know, the subconscious protects us from. The ego is partly your subconscious protecting you from your fears.

We all innately… know the truth as well. How dissolving the ego lets us see the whole truth and the smallness that we truly are. So innately, we resist that. Even if, we consciously believe we desire to dissolve it and become free. Many of us want this to escape our suffering and feel better. Understandable motivation but rooted from inability to accept things as they are. And if you can’t accept these things, your ego will protect you from the grand truth of what you truly are… just a spec.

When you are truly ready to accept everything as it is and let go of it all and I mean everything, your beingness will know and you will be ready for enlightenment. I know that noone here is asking how to be enlightened but this is just an important thing to understand in the path to ego dissolution.

Look within, learn what those fears are, contemplate them and come to terms with them. Accept them, embrace them and let them go.

28 Likes

Beautifully written, @SammyG!! :clap: You are able to put hard concepts into written words in such an easy way. :pen:

If I read this last year, it would have been completely over my head and I would have been like “wth are you talking about?”. :grin:

It’s through the intense inner work where I’ve been able to experience Nothingness more recently and now I’m on my way to understanding. It is a journey. I will say that it was my spiritual ego at the beginning that got me curious, asking questions and looking for more. And of course, that needed to be let go of also.

10 Likes

Found this image on fb thought might have to share it

12 Likes

Yggdrhhhzzziiixiiishhssiill

2 Likes

@SammyG, very insightful!

But here I’d like to point some corrections I believe would prove useful.

“As above, so below” is one way.
The lower realms are reflections of the higher realms.
But the higher realms are not reflections of the lower realms.

For evolution begins from the highest Source manifesting outward and downward to the material and beyond. The more it manifests outward into the material, the less spiritual quality it assumes.

We say higher, but the ‘realms’ are not up or down.
So a more accurate description would possibly be inner. Well, there’s no word for it I guess.

(By evolution, I’m speaking from Source’s creation perspective. Our evolution is going upwards.)

5 Likes

first time i’ve heard this!

thank you for sharing!

:rose:

3 Likes

13 Likes