Best spiritual growth books. Gain knowledge on how to live your best life?

isn’t the author the man who remembers his past life ?

1 Like

Happily awaiting for your comments on this Awesome book :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Aww… :kissing_heart: There’s indeed always many things to say about it but I guess I have a particular obsession with the chapter “Joyous Body: The Wild Flesh” since ever :))) I always recognize my and some of my significant people’s old (or sometimes current) sufferings in there. But more importantly, ways to get rid of those.

2 Likes

Not that I’m aware of. The autor is a know journalist here in Portugal. A very nice and wise person :slightly_smiling_face:
The book talks about the meaning of life and it’s based on the “Gods formula” a work developed by Einstein.

It’s amazing!

2 Likes

Yes, I like that there is so much food for thought and my perspective on a lot of issues have changed thanks to this wonderful book.

I can relate to seeing your sufferings in the book, the book got real, real fast.

Book: Women Who Run With The Wolves. Contacting the power of the Wild Woman. - Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Highly recommended for both women and men.

2 Likes

aah okay. nice . i will check it out.
I confused him with Matias De Stefano . countless YT searches to remember the name :slight_smile:

1 Like

Recommended for those who understand the recommendation…

Good overall spiritual movie about the nature of “astral planes” one goes to “after death”

17 Likes

has anyone completed and overall enjoyed The Autobiography of a Yogi?

it was recommended by a lot of youtube influencers in the beginning of my spiritual journey.

i honestly don’t like the book.

i loved Siddartha by Herman Hesse, so i thought i would appreciate Autobiography of a Yogi, but i just… don’t like the author?

am i missing something?

1 Like

I liked it. I thought the book was interesting and it presented various ideas and concepts that were new to me and it made me curious about a lot of what he was writing about.
I was actually quite curious about the life of his teacher Sri Yukteswar, he seemed like a very charismatic and interesting person to me. I loved the passage where Yogananda was recounting an interaction between Sri Yukteswar and his mother, i thought it was cute mother - son dynamic-relationship.

And I am still totally fascinated with and curious about babaji, unfortunately I could not find much info about him on the internet .

Was there anything specific about the author that you did not like?

2 Likes

honestly i was expecting to feel inspired.

i usually get nice bubbly feelings when reading books that i connect with. one book that made me cry and feel so much relief was The Power of Love and i sort of expected similar feelings with this book.

i think i came in with a ton of expectations especially because the book is highly recommended.

i did like his relationship with his mother, but nothing really clicked and i went almost halfway through the book to the part where he started his own school.

maybe i am just more focused on having a “modern” life than his version of living.

it’s also in my nature that i feel competitive like my life isn’t good enough because he experienced and accomplished things i can only imagine.

still a great book, just not for me and i have tried reading it multiple times in different stages of my life.

2 Likes

I completely understand.

Two examples that come to mind for me are the kundalini book by Gopi Krishna, I didn’t like the author either, I thought the man was insufferable. and A Course in Miracles, I could not even get through that one, for whatever reason it is just not happening.
Then there is Women who run with the Wolves: I got it 2 years ago, struggled through the first 50 pages, didn’t quite understand where the author was coming from, before putting it aside, and this year I am reading it and I think the book is just amazing!

2 Likes

i’m glad to hear it!

partly why i’m not selling my copy of Autobiography of a Yogi.

a part of me feels like i’ll eventually read it.

for me it’s like the the saying, “when the student is ready, the teacher appears”.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for recommending this movie @_OM.
Wow! If that’s what the “astral planes” are like on the other side, I’m very grateful to have been forewarned! It’s very different to my perception of what I’d been taught in my (long abandoned) religious upbringing.
As they say, forewarned is forearmed!
Thank you! :pray:

11 Likes

I’ve just watched it. I can’t believe I had missed this one with Robin Williams until now… Maybe because I was irritated by some other movies released that year so I skipped…

I’m totally upside down. I don’t know if any other visual description of “heaven” and “hell” has ever hit me that much.

Thank you from me as well, @_OM :pray:t2:

8 Likes

Oh really?

Thats one of my favorite movies ever

I wanna watch it again

3 Likes

I need to dig out my VCR tape of it, lol.

3 Likes

Haha i wanna seeee it

4 Likes

Remember this movie from back in the day. A story about how we create our realities whether in the astral or the physical.(or other densities).

The take-home message for me at this rewatch is also about nurturing the precious gifts the universe sends our way.
To be present in the lives of the people we love, that has shown us love or a loving way to be.
To not waste precious time on fear.
Yes people disconnect from love because of fear, to gain a false win. But we never know for how long we get to have each other in our lives.
A simple ”I’m sorry” or ”I love you” can take us further with a surprising speed. Especially given to those who might have reached out in several ways but been rejected to keep this false win.
Universe never sends us anything we can’t handle or are unworthy of.

12 Likes

I echo on Neville Goddard