Crypto wallets - FAQs

my pleasure, sweetie! you're welcome 3

2 Likes

No. can not be done.
Venly works on Polygon which is a Layer 2 (like a highway. Faster and cheaper) on the Ethereum blockchain.
Phantom is a Solana blockchain wallet
There is no bridge, currently to send NFTs from one to the other as they are different beasts. And if there was, it would work by minting a new one in the receiving blockchain and burning the original one. Not sure how that would affect Sapien NFTs. Hypothetical since as I said, currently doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Transfer some MATIC from Venly to Trustee
Swap MATIC to SOL
Transfer SOL to your phantom wallet
Done

8 Likes

You make that sound very easy! :grin:

I’m glad someone just transferred me some SOL directly…
:blush:

3 Likes

how do i buy solana? I want to sell an nft but I am at that crossroads.

3 Likes

The Phantom wallet is now compatible with the Polygon’s blockchain assets (since december 2022 actually). [EDIT: Not]

Yet, I cannot manage to transfer an NFT from Venly to Phantom.
After adding Polygon to my deposit features on my Phantom account, Venly still does not recognize my adress as valid.

Has anyone managed to transfer their NFT from Venly to Phantom?

If so, how did you do it? thks

I think it not works yet, or not public, but you can join to waitlist

1 Like

Thanks.
So it is not effective at the moment. Got it.

:rotating_light::rotating_light: Be aware of phishing scams on Phantom wallets :rotating_light::rotating_light:

Recently I made NFT transfers between two phantom wallets. Along with the transfers, a phishing NFT also dropped into the destination wallet.

It looked like this on Solscan:

Do NOT do as what the description of this NFT instructs you to do!
This will cause irreversible loss of all your NFTs and solanas in your wallet.

10 Likes

Hi I just wanted to double check if it is safe to update the Phantom Wallet.
I am getting an alert from my browser that the Phantom Wallet wants to make an update and it needs approval.
Has anyone else done this and it works well and is safe?
It looks like this:
Phantom
Phantom 1
The text is in Swedish.

I have never seen that, i wouldnt do it before confirming from an actual person on help support chat or email just to be safe

2 Likes

if there was an update in phantom wallet, since a few weeks ago it allows the polygon and ethereum network in phantom. so you can even store venly nfts in the polygon wallet in phantom.

but i use the app. so i really have no idea if phantom in browser requires update. SO i don’t recommend anything.

4 Likes

I had some SOL in my phantom wallet and I converted it to matic to be able to transfer it to my venyl wallet but how do I do that ? Thanks

Click here

Then click send

Then select Matic (like i selected ETH)

Type your venly address where im showing (which is the only wallet address you see on venly = on Polygon chain that has ETH and MATIC to receive or send)

Once you have pasted your venly address

Then click next at the bottom

And follow the common steps (typing how much Matic you want to send etc and then click on send)

I have never done that exact transaction but usually phantom shows the max amount you can send after taking off the transaction’s fee. So just follow the instructions, the most important is to make sure you are pasting the right full wallet address just verify it before.

4 Likes

Thanks @Lunamoon22

But it only sends to silana wallet even if I am sending matic

Do you actually see the amount you swapped here?

It should show exactly in Polygon

If yes, i think i read somewhere that it will be effective from 1st of May, so maybe tomorrow you would be able to do it

1 Like

Thanks PracticalIN … for now a helpful person has send me some matic for the NFT transfer … eventually I will figure it out when the phantom will be fully functional for polygon too

1 Like

Which is the best NFT wallet at the moment?
Or is the cold storage at Ledger and trezor the better solution?

Any recommendations?
Many Thanks!

Around here in the forum we mostly have Phantom, there are other NFTs that are in Venly

And crypto . Com was because it was on that one that some NFTs were minted

Both are good

2 Likes