Crypto wallets - FAQs

Hi, thought of creating a FAQ thread for all queries related to crypto wallets to avoid unintentional hijacking of threads.

The Sound Weave website uses Solana blockchain and has the following wallets.

I’m new to Crypto world, could anyone recommend a good wallet from these?

19 Likes

I have a question as well

Do any of these allow transferring NFTs from Venly (or can we transfer Solana NFTs into Venly)? Having everything in one place would be easier

3 Likes

If you want to put all your Sapien Medicine and Sound Weave NFTs into one wallet, then you need a wallet that supports both the polygon chain and solana chain.

I haven’t dig deeper into the compatibility of chains and wallets. The crypto world is a jungle right now.

3 Likes

I think not, because someone said the two wallets use different blockchain algorithms.

1 Like

I have a desktop computer only, (no smartphone, tablets, etc.) and if I used Phantom it only had a choice of attaching to my browser and it would monitor my online activity. I wont accept that, so I decided to use Solflare NFT wallet instead. I did research on the different NFT wallets before chosing Solflare.

I realise most people are not in my position.

12 Likes

I’m sure everyone gets the doubt, I don’t know if it allows, probably not, have to research. A quick search on Solana showed that it has two outages in one month. I don’t know what is the impact, I’m bad at managing and tracking mutual funds, having crypto wallets across multiple sites will be a nightmare for me to handle. :joy:

1 Like

Yes, hope there are pros and traders around!

1 Like

I think it mostly has to do with the economical and political strata of the location. If I stayed in my home country, then I would also higher my digital privacy and safety practices (not as high as yours, but definately higher than my current one.) In some developing countries, digital privacy or safeguard digital assets are either impossible or pricey or time consuming.

3 Likes

This page shows Phantom wallet as leading from the options Sound Weave provides.

2 Likes

I went ahead and transferred the Negentropic Dragon NFT to Phantom.

@SilverZuzu It is not clear the extension would track the browsing activity, maybe it does but at this point I can’t think of ways it will use that browsing data. I added to my Edge browser and you can lock it.

3 Likes

Cold storage is the way to go :+1: I am also considering getting one, but I’m going to do that when I am home :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It could sell it.

And if they have access to other information (like your personal information or credit card information from the merchant) they can purchase (or trade) information from data brokers who already have a massive dossier on you.

Not to be a fear-monger here but the ways our information are being used these days are astounding.

3 Likes

I did research comparing the different wallets that I had a choice of. I found websites comparing all of the wallets, read the pros and cons of each and then made my decision. People make their decision on what works best for them.

1 Like

Sucks if it were to happen!

@SilverZuzu Ok, I hope no more new websites and new crypto wallets, Venly and Phantom.

Or we should have a field to protect our NFTs and our personal and credit card information across all wallets. :smiley:

3 Likes

Can anyone advise if I can transfer the NFT I have from Venly to Ledger?

And the same question about the new NFTs offered at TheSapienShop, can you belong to Ledger in the first place?

1 Like

That is exactly what I read (about Phantom extension connected to the browser) when I did my research. Which is why I decided NOT to use it.
Again, people make their own decisions.

I agree this tends to be a p.i.a.

3 Likes

me too, I don’t understand anything about crypto wallets …

2 Likes

I have removed the extension will use whenever necessary or use iOS app.

@INFI I’m a total noob about these, apparently Venly is blockchain agnostic platform, maybe you can try following the instructions on the link. If it doesn’t seem to work, hope in the future it will be possible.

@Noesis NFTs will work only if it is an authorized transaction, prior owner transferring to a new party, right? If someone hacks and steals your NFTs it won’t work for that person or anyone who gets them finally?

3 Likes

Has anyone successfully consolidated Sapien NFTs within any single wallet?

8 Likes

Would like to know the same, esp. about Ledger (Cold Storage wallet that I’ve been using for some years).

4 Likes