Demonology

That’s an interesting point.

Quite a few philosophers of cosmology have made that assertion—that all is God. But not all would agree.

This line of thinking tends to occur in forms of thought that say that the human intellect can encompass anything and everything. --If the intellect can encompass anything and everything, then we can reason accurately about everything. Thus, if God is supreme above all of our conceptions, we can say that God contains all of our conceptions and thus contains everything (with all existing things being parts of God).

This is not how western philosophy developed.

The western outlook split into a few different schools. But, between the Platonists and the Aristotelians, the tradition was defined largely by inference. The inference was that God, The One, To Hen, was beyond and before all of the things in creation. It is a bit of a mystery, but containment is not the correct relation.

God is the bit of Eternity that permeates everything and allows it to continuously create itself. It is distinct from everything in creation and contains nothing in creation.

It is that to which all aspire, when the aspiration is virtue or perfection.

I don’t know a strict definition for demons. Quite a few definitions exist and are varied across cultures. But one mechanism is fairly common. It is when an entity becomes strongly self-willed and doesn’t care about wider harmony. Traditionally, the sin of Lucifer was Pride. To see one’s self as the equal of God.

Although quite a few occult groups see lucifer is personal deification, a light bringer, etc. Rudolph steiner saw it as one half of the inversion of God. Steiner saw the devil as being composed of Ahriman and Lucifer. Ahriman was a type of worldly ego that most people recognize; lucifer was a type of spiritualized ego, which most don’t really think about any more or even regard as a problem (such is the state of our culture).

An older view of things would usually regard most sins as mindless tendencies and addictions. Traditionally, a split between irascience/irascibility and concupiscence. But a worse sin, of an “angelic nature”, would be that of Pride. Steiner’s presentation of the devil would account for the various overexpressions of pride and self-will.

Swedenborg, a Swedish Christian visionary/mystic, had made a comment on sin. It is as though the sinner takes the power/force of (their share of) God’s will and turns it against the sweeping, constructive influence of God’s will. Either by being mindlessly emotive and, thus, destructive. Or being overly self-willed, at odds with the cosmic will. Both of these extremes were seen as a perversion of God’s will by an individual entity.

Thus, containment is not a correct term. God is the Creator. The Antecedent that is timeless and full of potential. But when different beings receive their share of the Infinite, it is their use that will create harmony (extending the dominion of heavenly influences) or create discord (extending enclaves for different demons).

**Edit, I incorrectly generalized/mixed ideas from different sources

7 Likes

So… By this definition i guess lotta humans and possibly myself are demons too. Lol.

1 Like

At lot of humans… :thinking:

Well, as you can see, the world is in a fairly shitty condition these days :rofl:

1 Like

Or at least that’s what we’re supposed to believe/focus on.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Isaiah 45:7

1 Like

If breathing brings life to you … and your imagination is an extension of your being … then, can’t you breath an imagined thing into life?

Then, if your imagination is part of humanity’s collective repository, can’t enough people breathing life into certain imagined things eventually create an egregore of sorts that has a massive energetic sway over a large group of people like a mega-servitor or a super-servitor?

Now add to that the fact that, if, at any point in the future we discover time travel, then we can go to any point in time within the timeline of the universe’s creation … and then, being a collective timeless repository … it would be reasonable to assume that our imagination would extend far into the future or way back into the past during the universe’s infancy… as such, some of these Servitors could give you access to the energy work that either very ancient, or very advanced, humans, were engaged in.

If fields are working for you. Why would this not do as well?

2 Likes

Demon is an iffy term that is often misused. Some of the goetia are older or outdated gods. Some are like Angels. Some don’t really fit into a good vs bad cosmology. All goetia and gods should be dealt with carefully.

Also… losers of conflicts are often demonized in both material and spiritual

6 Likes

Lol. Indeed.

That was one of the reasons why the Abrahamic religions developed in the way that they did. A number of Christian Demonologists, not understanding occult mechanisms, were deeply perplexed when they read older Jewish/Qaballaistic writings that said demons were created by people. It was considered a strange Jewish superstition that made no sense and contradicted scripture.

But, when you understand the power of the mind, they becomes a key reason for creating a law against graven images. To fully ensure that there are no “gods” taken before G-d. This is actually a bit of a problem at temples where shrines are used but never formally consecrated. Different entities are formed by the focused intent of a group. Which is why an adherence to traditional rules is so important, so many of the rites exist with special measures that are used to keep energies on track and prevent deviant occurrences.

“I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things.

Indeed. When humans, as magistrates of the Divine, don’t responsibly use their abilities–this is a source of problems. The open-ness of free will creating the original potential for evil, which later has been actualized. And the dynamics of the world play out between justice and mercy. Justice, causing disaster where discipline is needed and mercy creating the opportunity for reform and healing–both harmonizing away the problems. Though, at the human scale, it can’t always be easily seen as harmony.

1 Like

There’s also the caveat of humans not just referring to us as homo sapiens that a lot of our own species misunderstand. Some of these texts were talking about Humans in other galaxies and dimensions that we tried to ascribe to ourselves…

The maiyans and aztecs had access to these and tried to create gateways to allow them through.

Modern tech is outdated as it requires perishable energy from this universe, generating entropy. Older civilizations used to call on energy from the world between worlds. Some call it “Zero Point”.

3 Likes

I have no insight one way or another about that lol

A far as I can tell, all the writings were about us or our ancestors on this planet.

1 Like

Well, the way I see it, Midgard is this Universe/Plane as a whole. The 8 other realms represent different dimensions and planes of existence.

2 Likes

Obviously, Bifröst is Christ Consciousness or the union of the two consorts.

1 Like

How come they (certain people who had access in the first place) lost their connections to these worlds/realms?

Or they didn’t?

Not sure. I think it’s mostly about controlling your point of focus. Before, wars were all about one God vs Another.

I think somewhere between WWI and WWII, when Oppenheimer opened a very tangible gateway to the Mahabharata and the Germans unleashed the Einherjar - leading to the discovery of steroids and nuclear weapons … there was an armistice of sorts and humanity was left to its own devices to see how it would fare without too much interference … the result was very entropic … so things began to come back into motion, recently.

Let’s just say that Covid “triggered” a few Dieties.

1 Like

Can you expand a little bit on the last sentence?

5 Likes

That bookshelf in the background :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Demons are entities that can be traced back to and are polarized to AIN, the nothingness or even non-existence that was before any light, the shadow that the light of source/god cast. Their ways are the one of the empowerment of the self alone, and not through love, they portray the left-hand-path of the magician and guide him through the test of fire, to be reborn out of that. Its a path of power and greater freedom. Its not for the weak minded

Hi there @LadyinWhite

Here are some links to make your SapienMed journey easier! FAQ Collection for Newcomers

Welcome KY and Empress