Eating and spirituality

I agree hole heartedly with your message!

Ok… I’ll leave now lol

2 Likes

Thought this excellent post written by @Maoshan_Wanderer some time ago might add to this thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

oh i love this! very inclusive and has a feeling of freedom to utilize any ‘tools’ we have here in this reality without judgements.

4 Likes

I was going to comment on your post (Psynergy) but then the forum got moved. That’s exactly what I think too about Maoshan’s post.

As a matter of fact and as I already vaguely said earlier in this topic, there are some contexts in which we don’t even have a choice. 10 years ago, a colleague and I have been kidnapped in a Congolese village (note of caution against possible robotic/textbook reactions immediately screaming “owww you’re soooo racist” and other shit like that: this kind of thing can happen anywhere else, be it Paris, New York or Canberra). It wasn’t a serious stuff, lasted only one day and we’ve been treated quite decently.

My colleague got hungry (me not so much, because stress blocks my hunger lol). What were we supposed to say to the guys who were “hosting” us? “Bring us your vegan menu please”?

You see what I mean. There are many other cultural contexts in which one can simply not refuse what is offered. Nothing to do with being condescending or aloof or trying to please or anything like that. And when I say “can’t”, I mean it really seriously. Even though I support the idea of being free in one’s choices.

So personally, I respect other people’s diet and culinary habits. With whatever it includes. Especially if it’s anchored in their lives since a lifetime and more.

But when someone who was a big steak eater until 5-6 years ago and got converted afterwards starts lecturing people about what to eat or not (without recognizing his/her past)… this pisses me off like crazy, I tell you. I’ve even heard some say “ooohhh those butchers and their butcher cats eating meat”. Huh? The cat being blamed for eating meat?? Good joke.

Anyway. I still ate only salad before joining today’s meditation ;))

6 Likes

Oh wow what a story.
I was going to bring up monks high up in the mountains in Tibet who surely do not have access to a lot of fresh fruit and veggies or other “super foods” (and are certainly not vegan, though I’m not sure how much meat they actually eat) and yet seem to be living quite a spiritual life :)
But your story is definitely the stronger one :joy:

4 Likes

Food is a personnel choice, and should depend on what a person’s body requires. One size does not fit all. I was vegan for three years but my body was always gnawing for something, and that something was dairy and meat.

My food choices are mainly vegetarian, sourdough bread, potatoes, fruit, veg, dairy, nuts etc, and when my body requires it I will eat beef or some mackerel. I feel that it is important to be in tune with your body, it is a very intelligent machine and it knows what it wants to eat on a daily basis to receive the nutrition it needs. No book or trend can know what your body wants to eat other than your body.

5 Likes

I completely agree! That’s why you crave protein fats and salt after a work out!

5 Likes

hi friends! i wanted to update the forum with my change in diet.

i’ve always been eating a lot of vegetarian dishes, but lately i have been eating less ‘big meals’ and more ‘small snacks’ throughout the day. these snacks are usually fresh fruits and vegetables i buy before work. i usually do all my eating at work now and i do very little eating while i’m at home.

the most intriguing thing (for me) that i’d like to share is that i love eating a whole tomato like it was a fruit (yes, it is a fruit, but i hope you know what i mean :face_with_hand_over_mouth:). i used to find the idea of eating a raw tomato by itself ‘disgusting’, and now i love the tastes, textures, and how ‘refreshing’ it is to just eat it.

i also noticed a better sense of smell with this diet change.

i feel like the following morphic fields have helped me:

• BPIL
  • Pleiadian Intercession and Pleadian Energy Infusion Meditation
  • Devic Intercession
  • The Politics of the Body

i’d also like to show my appreciation to your forum goers as by sharing how you eat and what you eat, it has helped me gain more perspective and insight within my own diet.

i hope everyone has been doing well. :hugs: :hugs:

9 Likes