Entity/Deity Thread

Guys I was wondering if entities/deities are egregores/thoughtforms pumped up throughout the history or ‘‘real’’ beings, form other dimensions/realities.
And since I assume that many are actual beings how could we distinguish an actual real being from an egregore/thoughtform
And that brings yet another question, since there are many ‘‘mythological’’ places/ realms are they all just parts, or different ‘‘places’’ of our widely understood ‘‘astral’’ realm or completely different realms just like ours ‘‘physical’’ and ‘‘earthly’’ one
Damn every answer create almost two questions the Journey is truly never-ending

3 Likes

Well, when his Fields communicate all that can be said, and much much more, Captain hardly needs words to make a point. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

everyone’s testimonials could be perceived as an extension of captain nemo’s ‘posts’.

7 Likes

I have a question that isn’t exactly related to entities, but I figured would fit here. (and anyone can answer this, but I figured Maoshan Wanderer would be the most knowledgeable in the subject)

What is it about sanskrit mantras that makes them so special? What difference would there be between speaking an english sentence, and speaking in sanskrit? Furthermore, how large of a difference is there between sanskrit mantras and their english translations? If you recited an english translation of a mantra, would you still get that mantra’s power? Why or why not?

4 Likes

interesting question!

i’m no sanskrit expert so i can only imagine it has something to do with being more directly linked to the concept or essence than the english language can.

when more people use a language, the energy behind it is strengthened.

i’m sure chanting ‘om’ would be more energizing than chanting something like ‘all is one’.

i’d love to hear from those with more familiarity myself!

1 Like

I don’t know for sure.

Sanskrit was said to be revealed language, its grammar revealed by Shiva and so on. As @psynergy pointed out, the fact that it has been used for ritual, and spiritual purposes for millennia has strengthened the energetic field around it. It is called Devanagari - the language of the Gods - and this ties in with the revelation myth that surrounds it. I have heard Sanskrit sounds in some other non-earth dimensions during astral journeys, so there probably is something to this myth. In fact, that is what prompted me to invest a LOT of time to study Sanskrit.

At one point, when speaking with the current Dalai Lama in Seattle, he said: “you exude a lot of energy, that arises from your Sanskrit language”. That stayed deeply in my heart. He frequently suggests his students to learn the Buddhist mantras in original Sanskrit rather than their Tibetan and Chinese versions (which sound much different than the original Sanskrit ones).

The alphabet structure, the phonetics, all of these go hand in hand with the theory of Mantras, Chakras, Vedic idea of creation, etc. There is some inherent energy in the way these sounds are resonated as every letter is pictured to be a divinity. It is not always the meaning of the sound/word because a lot of bijas (seed sounds) have no meaning in the normal sense. If one looks at the evolution of Sanskrit, this was designed to be a language for rituals, unlike probably any other language in the world - it was never really for mundane communication. At most periods, while Sanskrit was used for spiritual work, there were always other languages used for secular communication like Pali, Paishachi, etc.

Latin seems to be another such language based on what I have heard from my friends who are deep into Occult work.

Also, mantras are not potent because they represent a meaning, in the normal sense of the world. They are potent because they represent the sound/light aspect of the Deity which was revealed to the seer of the mantra. A mantra is called bija (seed sound) because it contains in itself the full manifestation of the associated deity, which manifests fully when nurtured like a plant through dedicated practice. People like Dhyanguru and other charlatans make up their own mantras and people think they get to benefit from them. A lot of them are just placebo, a few cases could be energetic effect because a lot of people believe in it and that creates a dull field around it which can be accessed. This effect would probably work (positively or negatively) even with simple words like Coke if repeated. Genuine mantras are a whole different thing.

Traditionally, correct pronunciation has been stressed often, and a story is popularly narrated to illustrate this point. A certain man who was reciting mantras constantly lost his wives to diseases. He then reached out to his Guru who made him recite the mantra. He said, “bharyam bhakshatu bhairavi” - which means, “May Bhairavi the fierce one eat my wife”. And that happened lol. The actual mantra was, “bharyam rakshatu bhairavi”, which means, “May Bhairavi the fierce one protect my wife”. Hence, caution is needed when practicing fierce archetypes like Kali, etc. as these practices are not undertaken by beginners.

Another such tale. A powerful seer Tvashta wanted to have a son who would kill Indra, the great King. He performed a ritual reciting a Vedic mantra, 'Indra shatrurvardhasva" - which meant, “May Indra’s enemy (my son), grow and prosper”. However, the way he intonated it, the meaning changed to: “May Indra, my son’s enemy, grow and prosper” and eventually Indra ended up killing his son. Hence it is said, “Yajamanam hinasti” - incorrectly intonated mantra destroys the reciter. Of course, this is more applicable to severe mantras than benign ones.

27 Likes

wow sir! thanks for continuously sharing your knowledge with this little forum :pray:

5 Likes

They consider both Sanskrit and Latin to be sister languages.

we know Latin evolved (or devolved) into a lot of other languages.
same with sanskrit.
The earth is far more connected than you think,
indeed, some strange far off place with people who talk funny.

Pitāḥ is the Sanskrit word for father.
Pater is the Latin word for father.
Vater is the German word for father.
Then we have father in English.

30 Likes

Wait a minute…just like Darth Vader!

9 Likes

vader is also dutch for father.

7 Likes

:exploding_head: the rabbit hole gets deeper!

3 Likes

Lucas has said “Darth” is a variation of “dark”

So Dark Father
but he claims it means dark lord.

… when do they start referring to him as just vader instead of darth vader.

14 Likes

lol i should seriously watch star wars

2 Likes

The German V is pronounced F so Vater ist pronounced ‘Fater’ :slightly_smiling_face:

Its not that much of a rabbit hole, check out the indo European language tree, English is close to a lot of languages (at least compared to my language which is not even on this tree :D)
Dutch is kind of like a mix of German and English so it makes sense basic words like this would be similar.
If you speak German and English, if you read something in Dutch, you can pretty much understand it. Spoken would be difficult, they pronounce a lot of things differently :D

4 Likes

@Maoshan_Wanderer

Well said bro. Explaination like this is needed because people in this ‘new age’ tend to confuse ‘maha mantras’ to just affirmations. These are powerful yet heavenly concentrations of ‘sound’ which manifest the diety/god or being.

2 Likes

May I ask if this is safe ( is it the correct pronunciation ), I think I already know but wanted to double check.

3 Likes

Yes! This is a very benevolent mantra. Invokes Krishna or Vishnu and is considered to be very good in aiding spiritual progress, meditation, etc.

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya - this is the Dvadashi (twelve-letter) mantra. The phrasing “he bhagavan” is not a mantra, it simply means “O Lord”.

She uses a lot of different verses and prayers - but I don’t see anything wrong in them. Pretty good. Also love her voice!

8 Likes

I mean her pronunciation, chanting the Mantras :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I know :blush: exactly my first reaction :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Mantras and their relationship with deities:

8 Likes