Favorite mantras

“Please DO NOT chant this” if you are not ready for it, Only listen to it and play it to consecrate your space and place(Moola Mantra)
:heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

If dhyaanguru is a scammer how so many people got reasults from his mantra, we can clearly see thousands of positive comments under his videos, they all can’t be paid or fake. I’ve personally seen reasult from his mantra.

3 Likes

Well either it could be a placebo, or as maoshan said before, the collective belief that they work manifests it to work, sort of like an egregore

1 Like

If one repeats cola cola cola many times, there is some effect in that as well, if done mindfully. It can calm the mind, focus energy and dispel thoughts, if done right. That does not mean it is a mantra in the classic sense.

One should investigate where Dhyaanguru currently is, how he is doing, etc. Like they say, the proof is in the pudding :smiley:

This is my last post on that person, considering his current state. I do wish him well. I do not want to throw stones at someone who is already suffering.

15 Likes

When I’ve started reading those first lines, I was like “ok… I think Maoshan has had a really bad day. I mean what the …”

:)))

Ah learning a new expression. Will use it as soon as possible :p

2 Likes

Haha…I once lived in a monastery in a Japan for a month, right outside Kyoto. There was an Australian tourist who was visiting and he kept pestering the head monk there for a mantra. The monk tried telling him, “No, watch your breath, thats what we do” and eventually got tired and told him, “observe your mind reciting this mantra - kukola kukola”… That did help the tourist as he did it mindfully and within a few days, experienced bliss. Essentially, instead of the breath, he was focusing on this phrase.

And then the head monk one day told me, “See, you Vajrayana guys spend years reciting mantras, kukola does the same”. I did not say anything… A few days later, it was new moon, and I invited him to a ritual I was doing for Kali and he reluctantly agreed. And when the energies of the Goddess arrived, with a big bang like she always does, he was awestruck, petrified, scared out of his wits - all at the same time and his strongly held worldview was fully shattered.

He later decided to study under Rinpoche Namkhai Norbu and never ever made fun of mantras or Vajrayana again haha… He still lives in Italy in some city outside Naples.

25 Likes
11 Likes

Ok you seem experienced, can you tell me about Dr pillai and his shreem brzee mantra. I think it is made up mantra but many people claim it works.

Really soothing! It’s definitely a combination of her voice and the mantra (I wanna use official names but all rights reserved!) I slept to this last night and my heart rested in some longed for delight!

5 Likes

Ganesha or Ganpati is primarily a remover of obstacles and the symbol of auspiciousness in mainline Hindu traditions. Ganesha(ji) as we call him reverently. Appearing during the Mahabharata, he had ch sen to be a celibate. But the stars so conspired, as they do in mythological stories, that he had two marriages - wives being Riddhi & Siddhi.
The sexual connotations to Lord Ganesh have been given by the breakaway heterodox tantric traditions most likely (pls check) of the Ganpatyas.

Not sure who the singer is, but it really transports me to a different space!!

3 Likes

Yes!!! That’s exactly how it felt!! There was another singer I found her voice really charming but this one has taken away my mind!

/on to find all of those Maoshan recommendations!/

2 Likes

Ganapatya school is very ancient. That Mahabharata says something does not make them heterodox (or heretic as you seem to be hinting at?). Heterodox with regard to what?

In Atharva Samhita, for example, Ganapati is tied to balagrahas along with Skanda, and these Samhitas are older than Bharata. The most celebrated philosopher, Shankaracharya, dismisses Vinayaka in his commentary of Gita as ‘bhuta’ - भूतानि विनायकमातृगणचतुर्भगिन्यादीनि यान्ति भूतेज्या भूतानां पूजकाः. Several hundred years later, all major monasteries established by Shankaracharya invoke Ganesha regularly, ignoring his statement in Gita Bhashya.

The understanding of these deities changes, based on the capacity of the observer, as also the social and cultural contexts at that time. In the Vedic age, Indra was the prototype of perfection while Mahabharata reduces him to an inferior demi-god. Those not eligible for Tantra, dwell on stories and myths (which are certainly of value too) - but Tantra is not about them - it is about archetypes, using practical methods to realize the deity, and become the deity. Acharyas of Ganaptya sects such as Herambasuta and Girijasuta reached heights of Siddhi that most people lecturing on Mahabharata and morality will probably can never ever even imagine.

The point is - there is no mainline Hindu tradition really. Whatever gets perceived as mainline does not date back to anytime earlier than say the sixteenth century. Manu Smriti prescribes whipping women who leave the home without husband’s permission, or boycotting a Brahmana who works for non-Brahmanas and so on. Now, is that “mainline” Hindu tradition?

The beauty of Hindu tradition is that there is no one tradition - one book that dictates A to be true and B to be false. So, your line of thought separating orthodoxy vs heterodoxy w.r.t Hindu tradition seems inaccurate.

12 Likes

Yes all texts spring from socio Pol context and shd b viewed with a pinch of salt.
With reference to Ganesh(ji) as we call him…attaching anything that has sexual connotations is not correct in popular mainstream Hinduism. There are indeed breakaway sects that view dfferent dieties differently. He is seen as vighnaharta the remover or obstacles and shubhkarta the bringer of auspiciousness. That is it. It does not go beyond that into realms of sexuality with respect to him. That dept belongs to the other Gods. :blush:

1 Like

I doubt most of the millions worshipping Shiva in Linga understand either what the Linga stands for?

Also, your view seems to represent mostly the North of India? South India is abundant with temples filled with Ganesha with his Shakti - who is visualized as a goddess or consort.

My point again is - what is mainstream Hinduism? What you say seems like a skwed and narrow regional view which certainly is not really applicable to the highly Tantric Kerala, the Ganesha-centric Tamil Nadu or the Parashurama belt of Karnataka which is filled with Ganapatya images. Are these not “mainstream” Hindus because their ritual and understanding is much more evolved and sophisiticated than their comparatively myth-driven Northern counterparts? The Southern regions seem to preserve ritualistic purity way more than North India (except in places like Kamakhya which adhere to strict codes).

For example, temple worship is mainly derived from Agamas - Veda and earlier Puranas have nothing to do with temples. If temples are part of mainstream Hinduism, then sexual practices are abundant in most Agamas. So what is this mainstream “Hinduism”? I don’t seem to find one common version across the Indian subcontinent. The very simplistic methods of UP and Bihar are Hindu, the highly Tantric worship of Kerala and Assam are also Hindu, the Shiavagama based Tamil Nadu culture is Hindu, the highly smarta and shrauta influenced practices of Karnataka and Andhra are also Hindu - so which of these is really mainstream? None really, each region has their mainstream aspect, although some are more refined and advanced than others.

I think the attempt to homogenize a largely diverse cultural tradition is extremely counter-productive. There really is no right or wrong way, or in the case of highly diverse Indian subcontinent, a mainstream way. I don’t live in India myself, but it is fascinating to see that most North Indians seem to have little to no familiarity with the South Indian culture, religious and metaphysical, while the Southerners seem to understand the North a lot better. Not sure what the dynamic there is…

11 Likes

I agree with Archer on this one. Being a Hindu I find it quite offensive

I heard pillai mantras are made up, but if it works then that’s the power of mantras and the intentions infused into it I guess

2 Likes

Time is precious. I would rather stick with time-tested mantras which have a long history of practice to have a better chance of success than risk wasting time with a potentially made up mantra, no? At least that is how I feel currently. Unlike that Dhyaanguru guy who I know personally, I am not familiar with this person, so cannot really comment on his capability as a seer which enables one to divine/channel mantras.

7 Likes

I’m a South Indian Telugu Hindu and I don’t :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Sex is beautiful, sacred, fun and life-affirming. What is there to get offended? :slight_smile:

Duti Yaga, Bhairavi Chakra, Karmamudra - are all sacred alchemical techniques used since ancient times. Repression is the problem, expression is the solution. :smiley:

18 Likes