Favorite mantras

I take it you’re a Sikh?

3 Likes

Sikh simply means student :)
I am a student of the Divine that is all

9 Likes

my mind sees my life in a better light ever since i started listening to mantras!

sometimes i just start thinking about a mantra which means i’m thinking less about negative ideas and negative perceptions.

i’ve been enjoying the gayatri mantra, om namah shivaya and mahalaxmi mantra.

for a while i stopped listening to essence of mantras but i brought it back into my playlist.

mantras also help me have better dreams.

edit: not long after posting this did i get such a quick result!

after writing this post my dog and i went out on a walk. i started singing and whistling to myself “Om mahalaxmi namo namah” for fun. for anyone who’d like to know, this is the meaning behind this mantra from a website i found:

Om Mahalaxmi Namo Namah translation in English:

„Om. Let us meditate on the Great Goddess Sri Lakshmi, the consort of Sri Maha Vishnu. May that effulgent Maha Lakshmi Devi inspire and illuminate our mind with understanding.”

History:

She is the Hindu Goddess of abundance, prosperity, and wealth, (spiritual and material), fortune, and the embodiment of beauty. The Goddess holds the promise of material contentment and fulfillment.

Source

while singing, a handsome guy with two of his dogs came out from one of the streets and the dogs got interested in my dog. this guy had such a cute smile and wore a formfitting shirt that told me he works out.

we talked for a bit and i got to feed his dogs my own treats i keep in my pocket for my dog.

i got home and realized Sri Lakshmi helped us connect and that got me excited and grateful.

3 Likes

I was contemplating something this week while working with some mantra’s. Do you think it’s possible for the energy of recordings of mantra’s to become corrupted? Many people turn to recordings of mantra’s in very distressed emotional states. What affect could the energy of thousands or millions of people focusing their attention on a recorded mantra have? I think it is possible their collective energies could link with and corrupt the recordings. Because of the interconnected nature of consciousness, we could potentially be linking with those energies by listening to the same recordings. Would it be best to not listen to mantras available online? Would it be better to chant them alone instead of chanting along with recordings?

1 Like

just keep using what you’re comfortable with.

at this point this is about your belief and relationship to recorded mantras than it is about the other souls listening to the same recording.

even if that is somehow statistically provable with visual evidence, mantras are meant to help transmute negative energies and neutralize and turn them into positive.

there’s a correlation to many people who hit their rock bottoms and without anything else they turn to their faith.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your perspective. I appreciate it. However, I don’t feel it’s just my belief’s about it. I have done a lot of research into the effects of intention and collective group intention. The attention of our consciousness is constantly creating effects and changing energy. Group attention is even more powerful. I will have to do further research. For now, I am going to chant them on my own.

That is true. That should help transmute some of the energies. Some of these mantra recordings have been chanted by millions of people though. That is a lot of energy to transmute. I am more concerned about the affects of peoples energies on the recording’s, not so much the mantra itself.

Do you guys know good mantra for beauty

I remember dreamseeds channel use to have that individualized mantras… I want to loop that om mani padme hum alone. Do you guys think the essence of mantra is enough?

2 Likes

Om Mani Padme Hum and Mahamrityunjaya mantra are on Patreon, you can use them if you feel like it, I’m myself doing that from time to time, although I think Essence of Mantras is indeed enough.

9 Likes

Something just happened. I was listening to essence of mantra. I was quite hungry. Then suddenly my neighbor knock my door and gave me lot of breads :bread::baguette_bread::bread::fork_and_knife::yum::joy:. Idk if this coincidence or what but it’s good lol. I’m full now. I don’t use cone btw. Not that I remember using it for manifesting food

8 Likes

Harivarasanam -

Swamiye Saranam Ayyappa

2 Likes

I am trying this for 2 weeks, this is blissful from 1st listen. It’s so peaceful, true light-bringer to start the day listening or chanting to this. :pray:

1 Like

It’s a great Sufi philosophical composition by A.R Rahman :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Meaning: Kun Faya Kun Meaning In English, With Lyrics. » Life Incidence

1 Like

Green Tara +1

Mongolian Music 11 Green Tara

4 Likes

Bumping up. Really enlightening thread,

2 Likes

I’d been listening to Dhyaanguru :(( didn’t know he was such a quack. I felt I had gotten results but now I am not sure… it could be because of other things?

1 Like
2 Likes

Maha-Panchakshara-Mantra

https://insighttimer.com/nandhiji/guided-meditations/maha-panchakshara-mantra

2 Likes

I know the feel :sweat_smile:

1 Like