Favors of The Sanxing

Favors of The Sanxing

The Sanxing (三星 “Three Stars”) are the gods of the three stars or constellations considered essential in Chinese astrology and mythology: Jupiter, Ursa Major, and Sirius. Fu, Lu, and Shou (simplified Chinese: 福禄寿; traditional Chinese: 福祿壽; pinyin: Fú Lù Shòu; Cantonese Yale: Fūk Luhk Sauh), or Cai, Zi and Shou (財子壽) are also the embodiments of Fortune (Fu), presiding over planet Jupiter, Prosperity (Lu), presiding over Ursa Major, and Longevity (Shou), presiding over Sirius.

They have emerged from Chinese folk religion. Their iconic representation as three, old, bearded, wise men dates back to the Ming dynasty, when the gods of the three stars were represented in human form for the first time. They are sometimes identified with other deities of the Chinese religion or of Taoism. The term is commonly used in Chinese culture to denote the three attributes of a good life. Statues of these three gods are found on the facades of folk religion’s temples and ancestral shrines, in nearly every Chinese home and many Chinese-owned shops on small altars with a glass of water, an orange or other auspicious offerings, especially during Chinese New Year.

Traditionally, they are arranged right to left (so Shou is on the left of the viewer, Lu in the middle, and Fu on the far right), just as Chinese characters are traditionally written from right to left. (From Wikipedia) This works as the older intercession videos and helps grant their favor and blessings by appropriately asking with the proper energies etc, so as to help grant you a measure of favor in these respects (Fortune, prosperity and longevity )

:point_right: Subscribe to Our Spotify Channel :point_right: https://open.spotify.com/artist/6F1oL…

★★Subscribe now :point_right::point_right: https://youtube.com/c/DreamSeeds/

50 Likes

Old news…

Been listening to it since it came out :smirk::smirk:

Thank you for this!! Captain.

The 3 wise men are very powerful…

And Sirius uh ahem :relieved:

Lion Gate days :notes::notes:

@anon37166570 @lilo @Bronyraur @mademoiselle dont miss it!

24 Likes

what is lion gate days

7 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Ahh, so we now have both 福祿壽 and 精氣神(大小周天) already. Dreamseed’s knowledge of Chinese folk religion and Taoism is astonishing.

12 Likes

:wink::+1:t2:

8 Likes

Thanks for the tag! Haha @anon46520955 low-key flexing a sneak peek? :grin: We are happy to be able to listen to this now.:pray: Thank you Captain.

What a throwback! Maybe it’s the beautiful image used, with the bicycle in front of the house, but it’s making me think of my childhood home, where we had these three in the living room. As I wasn’t raised in that culture, my mom was never properly able to explain them to me (the times before the Internet), just that they were supposed to be lucky.

I’m in another house now, and I thought, surely it’s impossible that my Chinese in-laws don’t have these somewhere, so I did a little hunting around and sure enough I found the trio in FIL’s study.:grin:

This morning I was sweeping in front of the house and one of his silver-haired friends dropped by with a bag of fruits. (Some juicy rambutan, one of my faves. Seems to be in season now.) They’re a group of retired bankers who’ve all taken to gardening, and share their produce with each other regularly. What a cute foreshadowing of this field that dropped today. I feel showered by life’s little blessings.:blush:

15 Likes

Haha they love going “missing” or hiding :smirk: thats the whole point :clap:t3:

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes: @ the pic youll delete lol

8 Likes

They certainly made me smile today. I feel like I just played a hide-and-seek game that spanned 25 years.:joy: I’m in a lighthearted mood too after listening twice, their good-naturedness is quite contagious.:grin:

6 Likes

Thank you Captain_Nemo for your generosity!

11 Likes

lion’s gate is an astrological event that happens once a year when sun in leo conjuncts sirius, providing potent energies for spiritual growth, and more

19 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I already played this once, and then I fell asleep (thanks to the DNA healing field :laughing:)

Let’s set our intention while playing this one

8 Likes

Energetically, it feels very similar to Essence of Mantras.

Would love to read a nice long post about Fu, Lu and Shou by @Maoshan_Wanderer.

14 Likes

:pray: … Discovery-listening this morning, appointment for full immersion this evening after work. Favors of our Captain…

11 Likes

This + Feng Shui :ok_hand:t4:

13 Likes

Let me write something up this weekend :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Damn I’ve had this financial thing going on for monthsss and months now!! A paper that would guarantee me a lot of other facilitations that just wouldn’t happen!! Played this ONCE and guess who got that paper today!!! Was even informed it’d be in two days but things have flipped in an instant!!

(I have also been looping capital governance and millionaire for the past two weeks but this has definitely given that push!!)

:money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face: :moneybag:

38 Likes

Saw a shooting star!

dunno if its because of that but who knows lol

11 Likes

Amazing! Congrats, it’s a good luck sign :smiley:

7 Likes

Listening to lucky clover and horse shoe too of course since some time haha

6 Likes