Fight or flight response has been turned on for way too long

I saw a video on social media of a woman finally sleeping after her fight or flight response had been shut off. She joked about sleeping for a month straight. It hit home because I felt like I had been her. I had a traumatic experience and have just felt uneasy now for far too long.

It has made me wildly uneasy when people get too close physically to me. I used to love touch, but that desire has mostly gone out the window. I feel angry and even violent to some extent because of it. It’s an uneasy feeling of not being able to be a safe place for others, and most importantly, myself. How do I return to such a state?

I haven’t taken anti anxiety meds in a long time, but am thinking of returning to them. Any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

just a few that could help with such responses but I think the best…

is this one :smiley:

10 Likes

Thanks Thomas :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

2 Likes

if you’re on patreon, use also PTSD field and Body healing.

6 Likes

Thanks Desiree :heart:

2 Likes

Vagus nerve stimulation too

5 Likes

Confirming Flight to Fight, along with PTSD + the Outlook Retrainer is a very good stack man :slight_smile:

If you have the mean, I would highly recommend the Crucible of the Past as well.

Have you looked for solutions besides fields as well? Specific activities or therapies that work for you? People? Etc.

4 Likes

The PTSD / stellate ganglion blockade is specifically made for that purpose .

2 Likes

How many times a week do you listen to stellate ganglion block (clean version)?

I’ve never listened to it. Should I be?

Thank you. Is that freely accessible?

Consider researching the effects of organic Ashwagandha as a supplement. It has been noted to significantly reduce cortisol levels (which spikes during fight or flight responses) – it’s one of my go-to supplements when stress or anxiety is high.

3 Likes

They’re on Patreon. (Which is a good thing because they’re not to be spammed.)

1 Like

Thank you, Dreaming Heroes :raised_hands::heart::raised_hands:

1 Like

Its on patreon which is basically free If you consider the hundreds of fields you get.
This field alone is worth the price.

I was actually asking @Alexander or @anon32464289 that question, not that you need to listen to Stellate Ganglion Block. But, since SGB is part of the PTSD with amygdala, I would say you could use that one too. Real question how many times a week.

2 Likes

Before Flight to Fight got released and when fully PTSD-ing, I found the best to be x1-2 every other day, while using amygdala healing on the off day.

And now with retrospective I would add internal crucible in the mix.

Nowadays I still use it once a week, and it feels great every time.

2 Likes

PTSD or SGB (clean version)? I was asking about SGB.

The directions suggest 2-3x max per day and that you not operate machinery during and for at least 30 minutes after listening.

IIRC, discussions here suggested listening around 2-3x/week. (Remembering that people complained of overwhelm from the PTSD field. It was their complaints that allowed us to have the clean version of SGB.)

4 Likes

Yeah, that sounds about right!

Thanks @WellBeing and @anon32464289

2 Likes