Forum Ideas/Feedback/Suggestions

If you click on the 3 dots under your post, you’ll see a little trash can. Click on the trash can and that will permanently delete the post without any record of what had been there before.

Please understand that, if you use this after someone’s replied to you, you risk adding confusion to the thread.

liam-neeson-skills

4 Likes

Thank you! I have done that and it seems to say “post deleted by author” but if you click on the edit button you can still see what was said-

Unless that was very recently changed

I think, thats your own history you are seeing.
I do not believe everyone else sees it.

At least, I assumed so?

3 Likes

I could see it on others too

1 Like

Yep others can see it too

1 Like

After you delete your post, it takes 24 hours before the post actually get deleted I think.

I’ve been able to see it on old posts too

Here’s a post from 2020 that was edited. I clicked on the pencil and it shows me the edit here

I don’t know why sometime even after 24 hours it doesn’t get deleted. Only sometime though. Maybe the forum system want to specifically embarass us or sometime.

I just found a deleted one from 2021 that still shows up if I click it

Sorry I’m really just trying to be helpful

Oh if you mean edited post we can always see the previous version. I thought you mean deleted post.

When Sammy is around, he would be able to check it out i think.
Or maybe there was a reason, i dunno

3 Likes

No worries! Was just trying to illustrate because it seemed like some folks weren’t sure about what I was talking about

Well you need the credentials to have then deleted sooner.

I know this as I posted in the wrong thread before and deleted the post with the trash icon, and a mod (at that time) who was around cleared it within like 30mins or so.

But if you edit the post to type something like “deleted” (not trash icon) all the history of the post remains and can be viewed.

And sometimes maybe it’s just buggy so it got stuck there.

1 Like

Oh!

1 Like

Yes it’s old post, but he just deleted that post 13 hours ago. It will get deleted in 11 hours from now. Unless get buggy like Vesparda said.

1 Like

Well I guess then, it would be nice to be able to immediately delete comments regardless of rank

Because sometimes you spill milk

That’s all

3 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

pm me the ones you want removed.

5 Likes