Forum is back up

So happy it’s still up!! So much valuable threads and PMs would’ve been lost! Not to mention all of the future threads and PMs filled with vast knowledge, experiences and relations

The past 2 days consisted of talking to @Desiree and checking the forums every 30 minutes or so, either habitually or to check if it’s back up lol for me, checking the forums is like what checking social media is to others… i don’t really have a big circle of friends except for here, though i don’t post as often any more, i love coming on here to see what the Sapien medicine family is up to!

This place is invaluable to me and many more… i was dreading the chance of it not coming back, really grateful to see you all gathered here once again :)

39 Likes

+1

Minus talking to @Desiree lol

14 Likes

You mean our PM we should’ve screenshot? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Haha yeah! It was so heavy on my mind, i was just telling you the other day how we should screenshot our PMs in case anything happens, and we never did cuz we where too lazy and took the forum for granted lol time to get to that right nowww :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Woo hoo! :tada: Glad it’s back up. Thanks @SammyG !!

I hope it not being available for a couple of days makes folks understand the value that this and the community bring to everyone.

14 Likes

Thank you sir.
It’s incredible to feel how important this forum is

10 Likes

Thanks Sammy :pray:

Though no ads pleaaase, let’s go for donations to keep it up and running :pray:

8 Likes

Sign me up for those donations

6 Likes

Im so glad the forum is back and You guys are fine.
Is the reason known yet? was it some kind of bug or overload of server or some sort of hacker’s attack?
It would be good to know if someone is after us or if the forum is just getting too popular :smiley:
Yeah I would participate in donations too.
Maybe some higher tier on patreon? It would be convinient to have it covered automatically every month :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Thank you so much!!

3 Likes

Count me in on donations

4 Likes

welcome back forum and friends!

it’s great to see everyone in the livestream while we waited!

9 Likes

hmm
just making points here.

Most people join patreon, download what they want or all then leave,
which is fine of course,
we have had donation links on the channels and elsewhere off and on for a long time.
the channel has been around for a very very long time.
In total there were probably 3 or 4 donations. (in 10+ years )
which were not more than the patreon fees.
(still appreciated mind you)

The thing is, everybody thinks, “ahh somebody else is doing it.”
“i am pretty sure someone will do it”
“they must make a lot from donations”

No, its just a shared perception.
Donations are not a sustainable way to pay for a very high volume traffic forum.

It is not a guarantee, it is a gamble.

This is just a logical appraisal of a situation.

57 Likes

Thank you, Captain, I intend to keep my Patreon membership as long as I can. I am also keen to provide any donations as well as technical help in maintaining the sites. Thank you also to the entire team for spending their time in maintaining all these separate resources.

Love and Gratitude !!

7 Likes

Do whatever u deem is best man,people will always complain about something,I just wish u to remember us who love u for changing our lives so much.
Let us bring light to the ‘dark’ for u,just like u did for thousands of us.Hopefully this makes sense.

13 Likes

True about donations and the cost of the website :grimacing:

Though if we switch perspective, this forum and its community is a major source or marketing for the company, hence too precious imho to corrupt with ads.

The revenues of running those would be insubstantial compared to other sources that could be leveraged as well.

Perhaps this is something to investigate, and a lot of us would be happy to help, I’m sure.

(where are those Capital Governance or Collective Intelligence folks at? :stuck_out_tongue:)

So this endeavor can become a truly profitable* and inclusive business.

*while being 100% unapologetic about this dear Captain…
Why money should go in useless companies’ pocket, whereas money in your pocket would be 100 times better spent.

Let’s get the money back in the rightful ones :)

3 Likes

With error 502, this was my worst weekend in a while :(
But now everything is in order. The forum is working and all friends are together again! :)
Thanks everyone !!!

2 Likes

Capital Governance should actually encourage you to allow that money to circulate, but in profitable endeavors :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m still quite unfamiliar with it although it has given me several ideas on selling stuff and pushing me to learn more about stocks/investments :sweat_smile:

Have only been listening it on and off after buying it from the teespring sales. Although I just wanted to drop that idea out there because I was thinking about how patreon worked after Captain talked about it haha.

3 Likes

Welcome @Daylily :wave:

I respectfully disagree, ads are great. We’d get the same value for the same cost, the sapien team would deliver the same value with less cost, maybe even profit on the Forum. And as long as the advertisers don’t mind (even embrace the ideas here) they probably will be more dependable than the little users who pays. Also, not having to pay for the site leaves more money to us, money we can use to buy more fields. Let’s face it, a lot of people here have a high marginal propensity to consume sapien med products.

Money we spend on the forum is money we don’t spend on product, that’s cannibalism.

Someone here will leave because of a few ads between every few posts ?
Well if they do, that kinda reduces the load on the servers anyway lol
They will still have free fields on YouTube paid by google and add :man_shrugging:

If advertising doesn’t achieve it’s goals, sure, let’s pitch in. Money gotta come from someone

PS: About the “original” suggestions, it’s probably best if they don’t involve the sapien team doing extra work. Think capturing the existing value (which ads would do)

16 Likes