Had all money stolen

No, I know for a fact it is not PayPal.
But it’s so hard to believe it happened here in NZ itself. People here are so nice. I don’t know what to think. There is nothing to think. Time will show…

1 Like

People in canada are so nice too lol but it did happen to me here in canada

2 Likes

There are nasty people everywhere.

Plus, just because someone seems nice, it doesn’t mean that he/she is actually a decent person.

2 Likes

Yes everywhere

1 Like

It’s something I’m yet to learn… The hard way.

1 Like

Normally yes

1 Like

Did you try talking to your bank to deactivate/freeze the card and deactivate your account? They should be able to do it.

Usually pending transactions get failed if there’s not sufficient fund in it. It’s the case for debit card. But yours one is a credit card, I’d tell my bank to cancel all unauthorized transaction and block the account for a while till you take the necessary decisions.

3 Likes

There’s a lot of people in India and Pakistan who gets thier livelihood by doing this. We get this type of case all the times.

Also, you need to change and secure all of your personal details and sensitive information. Most likely, you’ve been fished or hacked.

1 Like

Maybe Justice for all (=YOU) could help while you wait? What a nasty situation. I hope it gets solved quickly and you get your money back.

4 Likes

I don’t have abilities to help you, but I used cone of power to ask that you get your money back, hopefully it helps :heart:

4 Likes

Also use the intercession audios if you aren’t already and ask for help

1 Like

Don’t panic, if it’s a scam, you will very likely get your money back. I don’t know NZ regulation, but I assume it’s similar to most western countries.

There are usually some safety measures you can turn on online/ask for at your bank.
There is also a possibility, usually for free, to get a second, prepaid credit card to use for online purchases.

I second intercession audios.

3 Likes

Thank you so much Mecha. Your support means the world to me.

Thank you so much onwards.

1 Like

Thank you MonkeyOwl. I will not panic.

They did cancel the card but no point to deactivate it halfway through because the money is on their way to them already. Too late kinda. I’d have to wait until they get the money to return them. I hope.

American, here, so I don’t know if the rules are similar in New Zealand but if you’ve reported it as Fraud and are disputing the transaction, the bank will not make you liable to pay it. They will perform an investigation. They can see where the card was used, and it it was used online, they can see the IP addresses. They can determine whether the transaction is outside your normal spending patterns.

I’ve been on the wrong end of this a handful of times in the last 20 years and the bank has always made it right.

I wish you luck.

EDIT: to manage your expectations, I’ve experienced that investigations can take up to two weeks to complete.

9 Likes

Thank you so much for the savvy advice, Scribe. Makes me not feel worried.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, Hope all goes good

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Steve.

1 Like