Homeless people (social worker asking for advice)

Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting on the forum, but I’ve been listening and following Sapien Medicine’s channels and audios for about a year now. I’m posting to ask for advice regarding the clients that I work with as a social worker at a homeless community center.

To provide a general overview, many of my clients are experiencing homelessness and struggle with opioid addiction, schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, and trauma. We work to provide housing, employment, and social support to help them become independent individuals (ideally free from drug addiction problems). However many of the clients have personality traits that may be difficult to work with due to various reasons (e.g., deceptive, anger management issues, trust issues, violent, manipulative, avoidant, lack motivation, low self-esteem, etc). I know that there are many audios that help with mental health problems, addiction, brain regeneration, etc, but is there a video/possible to request a video that really helps them become their best selves, face their demons head first, learn to trust others, gain self-awareness, improve their self-worth and be open to change and growth? Ideally, the audio(s) would be mellow and not have a loud frequency so that its’ not disruptive to sessions with clients (e.g., trauma release and healing audio).

Looking forward to everyone’s thoughts, really appreciate any suggestions as this line of work can be very overwhelming with clients that have such a complex psychological profile.

Lots of love and gratitude for this community!

7 Likes

welcome-dribbble-1

3 Likes

Well only if they all agree on having to listen to the field by their willingness. If they don’t. I think the best option is to use plasma flower as it work with general healing for the environment and may be with people too

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Sure. We have a thread just for that!

Although I would think that Become Whole, whilst it doesn’t say so explicitly in the tin, does a great deal of what you’re asking.

Imaginarium Divine could be another option. It has the added benefit of being an hour-long track, with different, mellow soundscapes throughout it, so it could seem as simple “background music.”