How-To: Adding a YouTube video to a playlist several times

I promised @Clart a tutorial on how to add a YouTube video several times to a playlist. Maybe this will help someone else too. So this is for people who watch/listen to YouTube videos on their computer. All you need is a couple of minutes and an idea for your playlist. Let’s go!

On YouTube, on the left you should see your own playlists and subscriptions. Create a playlist or pick one you want to add more videos to. I’ll use Meditation II here.

Right now there’s only one video. It must be lonely. Let’s see if there are other Sapien Medicine meditation videos!

Click on those three dots and choose Add videos.

The search field awaits! Let’s try “sapien medicine meditation”

If you see something you like in the results, click on it and then click Add videos.

That video should now appear in your playlist. Keep repeating until you’re happy with your playlist. Here I added the video 3 times.

See those two lines next to each video? You can use them to drag the videos around. If you want a playlist that goes like video A, video B, video A., video B… just put your pointer on top of the lines and drag away.

For anyone with no desire for a YouTube account - @Maoshan_Wanderer was awesome and made a bunch of playlists. Bookmark or add to your own playlists.

14 Likes

I don’t have a YouTube account, but, thank you very much for taking the time and effort to explain the steps so beautifully :purple_heart: And for sharing @Maoshan_Wanderer 's playlists, which look awesome. I really appreciate your help!

5 Likes

@Clart You know what? I’ll create a playlist for JAAJ’s new version of the self-love stack and link it here. That’s the one you are interested in, right? I’ll make it public. Was going to do it anyways.

EDIT all the playlists will be here

9 Likes

That would be wonderful. Thank you very much for your help :muscle: :white_heart:

5 Likes

Oh! Three days ago I made a playlist and I really needed to know how to add one video 3 times! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:Thank you.

5 Likes

@JAAJ Playlist for stage 1 done already. Links later :hugs:click

@anon34550888 Great! There’s likely an upper limit but I once added a video 15 times to the same playlist sooo…

7 Likes

This is perfect.
You’re amazing :sparkles:
Thank you soooooooo much!

5 Likes

You’re very welcome! Stage 2-4 stacks are missing one field each but everything that can be found on YT is included.

3 Likes

There is another way, that is faster for me (maybe doesn’t matter to people with faster computers).

So, in the playlist page, where you can choose to add a video, you can also add the whole playlist to another one.

(sorry I stole your pic onwards…but my laptop is hard to work with/needs a formatting).

So basically, if you save one video, and then add the whole playlist to itself, it duplicates.

So you can make playlists for each field with 4 copies easily, delete the 4th one (if you want), and then add them in order to your full playlist.

You can also do it with all the audios of one playlist, but then you need to re-order them and delete extra copies. So I do playlists for each field, to get the 3 loops and then make a full one.

5 Likes

No problem! Thank you for sharing this tip. Very helpful no matter how slow/fast one’s computer is.

3 Likes

Hi @Drift Thank you for this.
Does this only work if you have a YouTube account?

1 Like

I’m afraid that yes.

Okay. Thank you :+1:

1 Like

Sorry!!! - I have another question and this is probably the wrong thread…
I’ve tried searching for an answer, but am not coming up with anything.

Is there a way of downloading all of the tracks from my Patreon account onto my laptop? Without having to download each individual field?

I’ve downloaded them individually bit by bit onto my android mobile phone, but would like to have them all on my computer.
Also, which would be the best place to download them? I have Windows 10, and there’s an inbuilt app called Groove Music. Is that suitable?

Again, sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but you guys seem to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful as far as this stuff is concerned! I’m a bit of a bumbling technophobe :grimacing:

Thank you :pray:

2 Likes

You have to download each individual field, even on your laptop.

Groove Music is suitable, although Windows 10 seems to bounce back and forth between having Groove Music and Windows Media Player the default music player on my machine. Both of them are suitable, although the playlists you create in one don’t seem to be usable in the other.

3 Likes

Brilliant as always @WellBeing ! Thank you so much :blush:

3 Likes

If they are on your phone, all in one folder, you can simply connect to your laptop or PC and transfer/copy-paste them.

Pretty sure there is some “cloud” way to do this too. Your phone probably has a copy of all your files in the cloud…but usually this is used to recover them to another/same phone, so I don’t know if you could download from that account to your computer (as long as you have user and password, probably…but most of us don’t know those in our phones cause they come in-built).

I say because probably this is done already. You can always upload to the cloud and then download.

A copy paste through an USB cable seems faster. And you can still download the files from patreon again, to get a pristine copy.

Generally if you upload to google, for example, the filesize doesn’t change so I assume they don’t do any compression or meddle with the file.

The cloud copy may compress the files cause the free copy service we get has a low storage capacity and they meddle with files sometimes.

(My phone deletes duplicated photos, stuff like that).

If your laptop works well, good. But windows 10 has problem with the store and the apps. It prefers them so it always gives problems if you try to use the classic programs. But the apps (or the store, when they try to update) often fail. I’d use media player instead.

2 Likes

Ask away! Someone here usually has an answer. I’m also a bumbling technophobe - my only salvation is that I’m incredibly bullheaded and not afraid of repetitive tasks or the Windows blue screen of death. Luckily @Drift shared that tip and we don’t have to add things one by one anymore :sweat_smile:

Seems like you already got your answers so I’ll be an echo here and just say that yup, you really do need to download each field from Patreon individually. No way around it yet.

3 Likes

I quick search sent me here:

but using powershell is intimidating and often doesn’t work as it should so I understand you xD

1 Like

Oh wow, I didn’t even consider there might be something like this to search for! Thanks again!

1 Like