Into the Sidhe Mounds

There is no official description for this one.

It has a very beautiful music (provided by DistroKid) to melt everyone’s heart.

The cover art is the Riders of the Sidhe (1911) painting by John Duncan (source).

For some unknown reason, this track has been released on the Sapien Medicine channel, whereas these types are usually published on Dream Seeds and Energetic Alchemy.

About the Tuatha Dé Danann:

"The Tuatha Dé Danann, meaning “the folk of the goddess Danu”, also known by the earlier name Tuath Dé (“tribe of the gods”), are a supernatural race in Irish mythology. Many of them are thought to represent deities of pre-Christian Gaelic Ireland.

The Tuath Dé are often depicted as kings, queens, druids, bards, warriors, heroes, healers and craftsmen who have supernatural powers. They dwell in the Otherworld but interact with humans and the human world. They are associated with the sídhe: prominent ancient burial mounds such as Brú na Bóinne, which are entrances to Otherworld realms."

"The Tuatha Dé Danann are described as a supernatural race, much like idealized humans, who are immune from ageing and sickness, and who have powers of magic. The powers most often attributed to the Tuath Dé are control over the weather and the elements, and the ability to shapeshift themselves and other things. They are also said to control the fertility of the land; the tale De Gabáil in t-Sída says the first Gaels had to establish friendship with the Tuath Dé before they could raise crops and herds.

They live in the Otherworld, which is described as either a parallel world or a heavenly land beyond the sea or under the earth’s surface. Many of them are associated with specific places in the landscape, especially the sídh mounds; the ancient burial mounds and passage tombs which are entrances to Otherworld realms. The Tuath Dé can hide themselves with a féth fíada (‘magic mist’) and appear to humans only when they wish to.

In some tales, such as Baile in Scáil, a king receives affirmation of his legitimacy from one of the Tuath Dé. In other tales, a king’s right to rule is affirmed by an encounter with an otherworldly woman. It has been argued that the inauguration of Irish kings originally represented his ritual marriage to the goddess of the land (see sovereignty goddess). The Tuath Dé can also bring doom to unrightful kings."

Source:

15 Likes

Thanks @JAAJ I LOVE listening to this beauty. I always feel the intensity over the course of the audio.

5 Likes

Thank you for posting this.

I used to listen to this regularly, it has always been incredible.

I guess this is a sign to revisit this extremely underrated masterpiece.

5 Likes

hmmm there actually is ;)

part 2 of the joruney … it’s the arch of the story … the peak before the landing and its resolution :)

:))

1 Like

And…
The Dagda (also as in NFT)
is mentioned!
(In the Wiki)

I will play this for him (and me).

1 Like

Part of this album are also… " The Otherworld "…

…and:

“Tuath dé (danann)”

4 Likes

this is what i felt as i listen…

3 Likes

Love the energetic story through the feelings I get, that rush of emotions. So hard to explain, did you have fun making @Captain_Nemo ?

6 Likes

I did
It was nice to be able to tell stories of history like this.
A very specific niche and fine experience.

almost like a real ‘dream weave’
;)

thank you :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Create more!

we can get more insights on actual history through your story telling.

8 Likes

Who knows,
If I feel inspired :smiley:

15 Likes