Is there a way to rid oneself of psychic abilities?

i said “i would think” i assumed the younger a person is the more chances there’s more room for growth, i don’t know how the growth plates work but morphic fields aren’t the only way to ‘manifest’ anything even height, you can manifest height in one way or another.

another example, if blueprint of life can literally take me to my original blueprint, why would i think growing a few inches is not possible?:man_shrugging:t4:

Hm I think even if one tried it would lead to more harm then good.
It’s still part of you and if you tried to suppress it consciously that could also affect your physical body cause everything is connected.
Energy sensitivity for example is also connected to the nervous system.
So if you condemn your sensitivity you also project this energy on the physical parts that are responsible for this function which could cause problems too.
Just a bit of my experience and speculating

Better approach is to learn how to get used to it or how to live with it like monkeyowl suggested.

I am fairy certain If an individual is past 30…limiting beliefs or not… the growth plate is not going to allow for a jack-in-the-bean-stalk-sorta sprout. Anatomical structure cannot change so vastly on its own.
But that’s just my observation :woman_shrugging:t2:

You solved my inner dilema lol. Thank you

Thank you lol
This is probably why I don’t watch many movies
otherwise
I’ll keep making threads like this :ok_woman:t2:

I really wanted to make one for titanic, interstellar and inception…

3 Likes

Hehe

You can create the threads, it can lead to some interesting discussions…
I would say in category rabbit hole and just make it clear in the post you’re talking about a “movie world” that the writes created :)

1 Like

Yeah, I would definitely differ:

4 Likes

I understood the movie this way:

She was traumatized in the first place.
Because of this, despite knowing what will happen in the future, she willingly and consciously entered the relationship with the other scientist, had the child with him together etc.
She knew the whole time and still did it, because the coping was more important to her than the chance of making a new choice out of free will.

The whole situation was an opportunity for her to develop free will by making a new choice. But she fails. That’s why the whole movie is rather depressing to watch and is held is such colors…

Of course there are also other intepretations of this movie. This is just what I was reading out of it.

3 Likes

“Is there a way to rid oneself of psychic abilities?”

Probably not because as souls we are psychic by nature.
But what can happen and what one could do is to ask the Higher Self to filter out certain levels of perception for you – in the same way the Higher Self is already filtering out stuff in your incarnation that would potentially harm you or lead to choices that would deviate too far away from your life plan.

There is also the collective incarnational amnesia which is another filter and part of the physical incarnation game. I.e. not remembering where you came from, your other incarnations and their knowledge etc.

So the Higher Self, and even the Subconcious Mind, could definitely create another filter layer for one’s perception if one really wanted.

6 Likes

I think psychic abilities are the true default mode of humans, so it’s impossible to truly be “rid” of them. However, you could probably reduce your sensitivity and block them off by a few methods:

Lowering your vibration (not necessarily a bad thing, as long as it’s still relatively high)

Grounding

Distracting oneself with non spiritual activities and hobbies. Like gaming, cooking, working out, etc

@MonkeyOwl @JAAJ ok actually lets say in theory:
that the movie was based off of our current reality.
Because time isn’t nonlinear or since the future is not set in one possibility (think: so many different gumballs yet only one gumball machine) ….
Does that mean the movie actually doesnt make sense?

OR

@MonkeyOwl
is it possible that: she chose to go down such a path because of Divine Will? Is this always a possibility to consider?
Like She just knew she was supposed to? Ie those with blessed supernatural healing abilities; they are able to use them on others, but nonetheless always make sure it’s always in line with what the higher ups say.

3 Likes

Abilities, psychic or not - are not necessarily divine, or inherent to human beings, or even necessary for spiritual progress. A lot of times, they can be distractions to spiritual progress - especially if one gets hung up on them. Enlightened sages frequently warn that Siddhis (psychic powers) can deter one from true spiritual progress (although in Tantra we view them as signposts that indicate we are making progress - signposts that we see, acknowledge and move on). They are useful skills, if used correctly, but like everything else, have pros and cons.

19 Likes

A double edged sword!! :crossed_swords:
Very true. Thanks as always Mao

3 Likes

Whats your take on the movie lol @Maoshan_Wanderer

3 Likes

Loved it!! One of the few “spiritual” movies in the last decade.

Incidentally, Ted Chiang, the writer whose work is the basis for this movie, is a Daoist and is a student of one of my teachers, Dr. Jerry Alan Johnson. Just felt like his spiritual side was reflected beautifully in the movie.

8 Likes

What is divine will? :)

It’s possible…
It’s also possible that though she knew the outcome, she still felt like it was the right path/decision for her and she chose to pursue it.

We may perceive something as “bad” because it’s painful or traumatic, from a higher perspective it may be the best possible outcome.
It’s more about how the person perceives the events that happen, rather than what actually happens. It’s possible to be accepting of and in peace with something that’s a tragic event. It’s possible that she had come to terms with that future and accepted it with love on a level, even before it happened.

I watched the movie a long time ago, so I don’t remember how her feelings around this are portrayed.

3 Likes

I think it’s a bit like this… it’s not the perfect picture, imagine the paths sort of intertwining a bit more.
And basically how thick the branch is, is the likelihood of “you going down that path” or basically that future happening.

In some cases there may be one very thick branch and many thin ones, in other cases they’re more even.
Those with psychic abilities can pick up things from down the line on a path.
(But yes disclaimer - it’s just how I think it is / what makes sense to me :D)

2 Likes

amazing. we need more movies from him lol.

Oh, and what about Christopher Nolan, the dude who created interstellar and inception? I feel like he’s also into this! His movies are very profound lol

Actually he’s the reason how I got introduced to lucid dreaming, well at least I think lol:
I remember watching that movie years ago, and then few months later, in a dream I realized I was dreaming
So like the movie, I followed Decaprio’s instructions. Just actively engage and focus on the thought and watch it grow- or at least that’s what I thought in the dream- anyways I didn’t really know there was an actual term for it back then , nonetheless I tried following Decaprio’s instructions (yes, lol I was consciously aware I was recalling a movie character’s instructions in my sleep state haha). I imagined whatever I wanted, but I guess since it was my first time, all I remember is opening a door facing a stone wall lol. I remember being like “damnit, now what”. Kept trying but the end.

anyways fast forward maybe week or night later, and I remember “flying”. But I knew if I overthought it, started doubting, I’d fall.
And so of course I fell lol

so yeah I’ve always wondered if Nolan was a seeker himself, seems like it haha. Especially with interstellar

2 Likes

Yes you can… our will power is the strongest tool we have… to let go of your higher powers, focus on all Earthly things, esp.your outer senses. Drown yourself in food, drink, internet, tv…

Do know that you’re willingly shutting down a birth right, a gift from your true source. You choose to stay limited to the body, convining your limitless soul… basically torturing it… and that will show in your current life* and depending on how bad you make your life, by shutting this all down… several future lives too… in which you’d need to work hard to regain the tools you now throw away.

• Which will also make you feel lousy, depressed, gives room to illness, and will make you easy prey to those that leach energy on the other side.

Sorry, cannot paint better picture with them tools…

Yes, and I think pretty much every movie that is out there, doesn’t make sense from a “time travel” perspective because they always need to adjust the plot for the common watcher who sees time as linear or as linear parallel timelines or as branches of a tree.
However time (or space/time time/space) is not linear at all and that can probably only be understood conceptually but not with regular 3d world logic…

2 Likes

I like this

3 Likes