Man Child -?

I would really love to hear others views on this subject ‘The Man Child’

What makes a Man Child?

What is lacking in a Man that he doesn’t grow up and take responsibility for things?

Is it a problem that a Mother creates by being too fussy with her child?

Is it a case of once a Man Child always a Man Child?

Yes, I know that there is such a thing as a ‘Woman Child’ :thinking: :blush:, but for the purpose of this discussion can we please focus on the Man Child :heart:

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Have you seen a video from nikcadoavucado

9 Likes

These answers are readily available on the internet

3 Likes

My name appears as “writer”.

1 Like

I don’t know. My name on the forum is “yazan”. system glitch. I wrote 0- beforehand to confirm the error and then changed it to "my name appears as ‘writer’ "

2 Likes

Hi dear,

I won’t resist the temptation to post this one (I’m a fan of the whole Cherry family, brother and dad included) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::

I can just say that the problem is about… borrowing/assuming parental roles and fall into an excess, you know. The good old cliché, in sum. I’m talking about people (myself included) trying to become a substitutive parent/mother/father for their partner, spouse, colleague, etc. No good.

Doesn’t mean that we don’t have to display our nurturing side when necessary but the mess begins when we stick with that role too much, you know.

This isn’t serving the other person (regardless if he’s a man or not) because we block their opportunity to grow by themselves.

etc. etc.

Wanted to add that yes, especially the mother has a decisive role and can cause wounds nearly impossible to repair… but this is not the only problem. The substitutive parents (popping up during adulthood) are troublemakers too.

14 Likes

this. my most intense lesson I had on my path is learning to not challenge the sun. Do things for yourself without harming others and dont help unless they ask, only if you believe they are going into something really really unadvisable, you can try and help, while knowing the risks if any

7 Likes

I like this phrasing very much. Has suddenly reminded me of an old personal anecdote… that I have to reprocess :)

There was a therapy trainer of mine with whom we have worked as a group during 6 years. At the end, she had said something like “this was the opportunity to live the childhood that maybe you didn’t have but were dreaming of” (and she was right because we were a bunch of spoiled kids in that class lol. Really acting like toddlers).

So maybe that man you’re mentioning hasn’t found this kind of opportunity. It doesn’t need to be a therapy of course. But something to rewind, who knows… or some Dreamweaver fields ;)

4 Likes

I wanted to release it on Music Thread

2 Likes

Got it from story of icarus

2 Likes

@Bronyraur your name appears as “bronze watch” to me. Did you change and change again or just an error for me?

2 Likes

Thank you too, Angelic! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just adding that this kind of opportunity seems to appear more easily in group settings (clubs, whatever…) because the roles are distributed between several people… but bottomless topic anyway :sweat_smile:

Oh? :heart_eyes: If it was possible, I’d even create a special Cherry thread ;)))

Ahhh, my anecdote is partly related to it as well :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Bronze watch? :partying_face: Why not, after all… It’s rather supposed to mean Golden Hill in Welsh but let’s innovate :))) I didn’t change it, so it must be about your settings?

3 Likes

Absolute, yes! :+1:

2 Likes

Something recently been happening is… each time I come on this thread, something which I think about, something similar becomes a thread on this forum. It gives me a feeling of mystery

2 Likes

Another thing I’ve learned is looking upon your surroundings, wether good or bad, discerning what you need to know and focusing on one thing at a time while carrying emotional balance through emotional intelligence is enlightenment. Going on the path of ego dissolution only brings confusion or discomfort. From my experience, the drama around ego dissolution has been a path of confusion, there is a malfunction in conveying information. I realized the importance of the 2 ways of acquiring life wisdom. Being told a concept and playing real or mental scenarios using the concept or being told or witnessing scenarios and discerning a concept out of it. And from my experience, being told a concept is of little value. Scenarios or experiences discerned into concept is better than vice versa.

1 Like

And another thing I learned is the importance of being quiet. From ages ago, everyone was already on the right path. then some things happened which pushed us to this point where we think we are inherently bad. It’s just confusion that’s all that happened. Saying anything out of the blue like what I’ve done in the paragraph above or this one has neutral worth.

2 Likes

I don’t want to write too much, but I’ll share a few stories:

Story #1

A very handsome looking man, the only son of a rich family. Before him came 4 girls. His parent who prayed for a male heir to leave their real estate empire to, worshipped him. He had all the love and respect success could offer as soon as he was born.

Now, on the 40yo border, he think he is charismatic, while most people criticize him in his back. He is rude, he burps at dinner and then hold an exaggerated smile from ear to ear like a mentally ill person for 20 secondes waiting for applause. It’s easy to see that everybody is disgusted and slightly angry. But how could he fathom the idea that his boyish manners are unacceptable ? He thinks he is cute.

He never had friends, he only had one gf in his life until today at almost 40 yo. She made a move on him since she was tired of waiting and he never let her go. She insults him, she berrates him, call him stupid and immature.
You see, she knows he will never break up with her. He would be alone to make his decision. She exhort him to act like a man in front of guest and strangers.

Taking decisions has an element of risk.
Every failure, every event that threatened his bubble of self-esteem got blacklisted and discarded. He can’t take failure or the slightest criticism. So he never changes and keep using the time tested behaviour he developed in teenagehood. That’s why he would never ask a girl out, or take another job as the one his father gave him, or his clothes who are more suited to a dorky 12yo than an almost 40 yo.

No one in his family trust nor respects him anymore, but he doesn’t even realize it. That’s why his dad, although it hurts him, selects regular employees over his own blood, his heir, raised to take over the family busines.

He never wonder about the future, his parent having divorced when he was in college, he suddenly decided to never get married and save himself a divorce.
His hobbies, playing fantastic card games alone. I guess no one ever introduced him to more mature games. He plays alone, sitting on the floor in lotus position and talking to himself, voicing different characters and explosion noises.

He was not born stupid, ugly nor poor. The kids he hangs out with from the role play club are more mature than him and don’t respect him. He relies on competitions with kids half his age to obtain that feeling of achievement.

14 Likes

Never too late for that guy. If anything, that guy might pleasantly surprise everyone. Excellent share brother.

7 Likes