Movies for the awakened individual šŸŽ„

lol i forgot about hearing that somewhereā€¦the first captain nemo character i remember as a kid was michael jackson when i was in disney land as a kidā€¦it was the first 3d movie i seenā€¦

gonna have to read up on that guyā€¦i think i remember him being mentioned in back to the future 3ā€¦

and no problemā€¦i have moments in my life where iā€™m just like a talking faucetā€¦then times more introspectiveā€¦maybe jules will get me there lol

jewel, julio, julieā€¦julesā€¦all word variations that keeps showing up to meā€¦so, i think itā€™s time to read itā€¦thanks for bringing it back to my attentionā€¦

2 Likes

Been feeling in sync with these recent posts! Similar thoughts, comments, while also recognizing differences in personality and life experiences.

Nemo = Nobody

The Fountain has been on my list for years. Iā€™ve had minor clashes with Aronofskyā€™s directing style. Maybe Iā€™ll watch it soon.

Another movie that came to mind is Cloud Atlas. I actually havenā€™t seen it, and a few different people have recommended the book like a decade ago, yet never read/saw.

2 Likes

i saw the fountain last night ā€¦i understand what you mean about the directorā€™s styleā€¦lol please only read if you donā€™t want me to spoil it

SPOILER

same vibe i had with mr nobody at first, but worse because there wasnā€™t a time where i started enjoying itā€¦

but the concepts and the art, adam and eve, garden of eden stuff i vibed withā€¦

itā€™s just weird seeing wolverine being in a dramaā€¦and instead of having fights with people he gets into fights with his desk smashing it lolā€¦

and the scenes kept repeatingā€¦it was like a 5 minute movie with repeating scenes and each scene was like 30 minutes longā€¦i hate crying scenes from ok actorsā€¦reminds me of the first season of the OA, i loved the concept mostlyā€¦but the crying scenes just sounds like william shatner if he was talk cryingā€¦like the confused cadence lolā€¦

but the story did relate to the story iā€™m writing tooā€¦with the Heart vs the Brainā€¦but the Fountain was in the perspective of the Brainā€¦iā€™m writing more of the Heart perspective, but eventually i want to write balanced with bothā€¦

i loved the idea of this, just not the executionā€¦i wish it was told another way because the idea was great

1 Like

lol yeah this thread needs to stay aliveā€¦i get so much motivation from itā€¦

thanks for the suggestion of Cloud Atlasā€¦gonna check that out

sorry, iā€™m not vibing with it lolā€¦i think i remember trying to watch it beforeā€¦its that younger organ brainy style again lolā€¦itā€™s a jerky style like mr nobodyā€¦

i just like stuff that flows naturallyā€¦i might just end up watching a summarized review of it lol

also, with the other movies on this list, i like the conceptsā€¦just wish they cut out the creepy looking scenes with the kids

1 Like

The Map of Tiny Perfect Things

Fresh take on Groundhog Day. Very self-conscious.

There are some neat ideas, concepts.

1 Like

elaborate a bit

woah i donā€™t even know where to begin. I guess Iā€™ll have to rewatch to explain what i was thinking. (i didnā€™t watch the trailer or read up on the movie or anything. so I went in clean)

Link for those seeking to watch it (Adblock recommended)
https://vidsrc.xyz/embed/movie/tt0252501

spoilers

the first thing i picked up was the thing about his mother, initially i thought she was doing her best for her son knew what exactly he wanted for his birthday but simply couldnā€™t then BOOM she got up and started to shame him through his father. saying ā€œI canā€™t afford it, know how that makes me feel?ā€ "You father didnā€™t leave us well-off, he did leave us three months of unpaid rentā€¦ a life insurance policy that lapsed before he died he left a rather large stack of unpaid bills. ā€œwhich I managed to take care of.ā€ā€¦ ā€œYour father never met an inside straight he didnā€™t likeā€. I didnā€™t like that, make someone else feel shame and guilt for being an offspring of a man your son doesnā€™t remember or canā€™t verify these things with while at the same time painting yourself to be this perfect mother who has done it all with what she got.

once ted is introduced she is quickly judgmental of him. Ted is strange no doubt but insightful like heā€™s experienced things and have seen things that the naked eye just canā€™t perceive at this point i started really paying attention. when he told Bobby to keep the library card said ā€œbooks can be solid goldā€ if you rewind you see Bobby turned out to be a writer with multiple books of his own, Iā€™m sure that particular moment in his life reinforced him to that path. Absolutely loved the advice of giving a writer an hour to hook you if they canā€™t move on.

The first sign of mystical / psychic came when he mentioned ā€œif it works out, you might get that bikeā€ not sure if Ted intended making use of the information he knew or he slipped up and corrected himself by saying all kids want bikes.

ā€œone feels them first at the back of oneā€™s eyes.ā€ This stood out to me like a sore thumb. You see Iā€™m not sure what he was referring to but based on what has happened before and other things i know of I instantly started to picture mind control/interrogators agents and other entities. They scan your mind and use anchors to extract information from you more advanced ones can simply see everything in your mind and things you arenā€™t even aware ofā€¦ speak directly to you as if itā€™s yourself speaking to yourself. Boom and there we go he starts speaking about ā€˜lowā€™ men and how they move in herds like animals. extracting information from people without their consciousness being aware.

ā€œassume that everybody you talk to can read your mindā€

Once Bobby asked him what why they are after him, and he responds with ā€œA certain something i have.ā€ this was a clear sign that Ted is a threat to them for his ability to see and things the masses arenā€™t aware of. They canā€™t have him trying to expose them and their methods. The way Ted describes them ā€œthey wear dark clothes, dark hats, theyā€™re kind of anonymousā€ā€¦ but the one i havenā€™t yet read into is ā€œā€¦and they cast long shadowsā€ to cast long shadows why would he bring that into the picture? could it be because of the way he described them to always be dressed in black or could it be that they bring up the worst shadows and give them power within ourselves when weā€™re their target so we do anything they seek. ā€œThey cast long shadowsā€ not sureā€¦

in the same scene Bobby askes him what heā€™s wanted for and Ted said ā€œIf they were library police, Iā€™d be one of their 10 most wantedā€ he knows things that canā€™t be shared with the masses. confirmed when he said ā€œwhat they want is me, back under their control.ā€

he warned him of posters when they are closing in, I knew they would link themsleves to the posters so that whenever someone came in contact they get a glimpse of the personā€™s mind.

just right before the scene ends the mother is home and calls Bobby he gets scared and Ted goes like ā€œShe canā€™t know what youā€™re thinkingā€ as if heā€™s telling Bobby sheā€™s not aware of these sides of reality.

itā€™s like everytime this kid speaks to his mother she is just shaming him more and more. ā€œI do, and i wish i couldā€™ve gotten it for youā€ (in response to Bobby now potentially getting that bike of his) ā€¦ ā€œBut your father didnā€™t exactly leave us well-off.ā€

around 30 mins into the movie Bobby is showing that he doesnā€™t believe ted, hanging onto his version of reality as heā€™s never seen anything outside of what he knows.

~34 mins: Ted seems to be in this Flow knowledge gathering, not in a meditative state not trying to control it. Just being an ā€œinstrumentā€ the everything that comes through. Thatā€™s how he knew ā€œThey draw west now, but they may be backā€ before Bobby leaves we see him telling him ā€œdonā€™t fall off anything nowā€ perhaps his touch gave him the connection to see through his world.

at the carnival scene i thought it was quite interesting to see how Bobby managed to know where the queen was in the shuffle. He wasnā€™t even really looking at the cards rather at the shuffler (whatever you call him) could it be that Ted was speaking to bobby during this or was Bobby starting to understand things? either way it seem like he was again reading his mind to find the true intention of what was happening.

ā€œassume that everybody you talk to can read your mindā€

i canā€™t keep going with each bit cause Iā€™ll be here forever but why did ted bring him to the bar? coincidence or was it cause he knew the bartender was friends with his father so he brought him along as to help him with overcoming the guilt his mother placed on him. shortly after leaving the bar the ā€˜low-menā€™ appear Ted quickly rushes to mitigate the situation and instructs Bobby to think of Carol, what came to mind for me was ā€œah i see.ā€ If they can read anyoneā€™s mind and use your own thoughts against you there has to be something to assist in this attack and that was love. The Love that Bobby has for Carol is pure him thinking of her while the low men were around protected him mind in real time from all sorts of attack. Love is an intelligence far superior of the mind (structure, which it created).

There is more and i recommend others to also give it a view.

1 Like

very in depth observations lolā€¦

Hearts of Atlantis SPOILER

to explain why i was guided away from watching it before is because the movie has similar subjects iā€™m healing from, and the first time i watched a trailer for it, i wasnā€™t ready to heal yetā€¦i spoke of it in another threadā€¦thatā€™s why i felt it was time i watched itā€¦and i knew dark themes were ahead once i saw it was based on a book by Stephen King featuring the actor from Hannibal lol

but whats interesting is i didnā€™t know of those dark themes from the trailer, i just didnā€™t vibe with the first 10 seconds of the trailer at firstā€¦probably 9 years agoā€¦the reason i didnā€™t watch it before was because i thought it was going to be about Atlantis lolā€¦but i guess that way of life is hidden in plain sight right now just like in that movieā€¦

i feel the answer is spoken right in that phraseā€¦ā€œfeelā€ and itā€™s interesting your word choice when thinking of the answerā€¦the answer is felt first before it is seenā€¦itā€™s a subject i keep talking about in this story iā€™m writing that involves the chess game we play with our heart vs our brainā€¦itā€™s in the movie title ā€œhearts of atlantisā€ā€¦we feel with our heartā€¦we feel it first because the heart was the first organ developedā€¦the brain developed lastā€¦the brain grew from the heartā€¦more electricity generates in the heart than the brainā€¦

to me it made me think of like the agents in the matrixā€¦like its a large machine of people with infinite resources and weā€™re not supposed to know about them like that Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith movie lol

itā€™s interesting you described them as postersā€¦because the word i remember he used was ā€œsignsā€¦ā€ like seeing signs of stuff before they happen, i thought it was just wordplay to explain how he knows stuff is going to happen

the way i saw itā€¦when the kid hugged him when he thought he was dying, he gained Tedā€™s abilities right awayā€¦like that developed a rapport with him and his senses like 2 pianos side by side (one piano will resonate whatever note the other piano plays)ā€¦its like we all are pianos with every note, but some play notes others donā€™t discover yetā€¦when he touched Ted (something he told him not to do) he became psychic right away, he instantly knew he was looking for his cigarettesā€¦

so, when it got to the ā€œfind the queen of hottsā€ sceneā€¦he already had the ability to feel it first behind his eyesā€¦he didnā€™t need to see the answer when Ted granted him the ability to feel the answer

i think itā€™s a whole mixture of synchronicities, he felt he was running out of time, and like you said he wants to connect him with his fatherā€¦that lady at the bar said he used to win a lotā€¦so, the mom was probably used to getting spoiled by himā€¦thatā€™s why she bought herself dresses instead of getting him a bikeā€¦

i think Ted got provided a window of time to be shielded from those psychic agents by being around the innocence of that kidā€¦and maybe love like you said also adds to that shield

1 Like

very nice, I love your add inputs. especially the ā€œfeelā€

for some reason i had looked over the name of the movie (like many names i look over).

yes! now you got me thinking of how in the matrix anyone can become an agent of that other consciousness just like anyone can become an agent in this world of those who follow a ā€˜different consciousnessā€™.

I started to watch ā€œThe man with one red shoeā€ but i might stop it for now. Iā€™ll sit down and listen for cues around me when looking at the list to see what calls me forth.

1 Like

cool conceptsā€¦but lol

The Map of Tiny Perfect Things SPOILER

i love the Groundhog Day movieā€¦i keep rewatching that like every so oftenā€¦perfect heart movie

the version of this movie is an interesting twistā€¦kinda reminds of

SPOILER to The OA

in the second season, the villain meets with another dimension jumper

it also reminds me of that Mila Kunis movie, Friends With Benefitsā€¦"

but this movie seems like it should be called ā€œFriends Without Benefitsā€ lol

i thought this had some cool brainy concepts, but time just dragged onā€¦i thought i was watching it for an hour alreadyā€¦checked the time and only seen 20 minutesā€¦

its like the heart is dead in movies today lolā€¦and i didnā€™t like the actingā€¦bad acting is like a reminder its just a movieā€¦i was just watching a movie from the 80ā€™s and it seemed like i was only watching for 10 minutes but the movie ended at an hour and a halfā€¦movies were like an illusion we got lost in beforeā€¦nowadays movies are like high school plays lol

i liked a few stuff they talked about though, like that drawing of 3d into 4 dā€¦that was my fav part of the whole movie lolā€¦i rather see pictures than fancy wordsā€¦its like that one picture described everything in the movieā€¦it wasnā€™t a movie, it was a video podcast lol

yup lol

"SPOILER to Hearts of Atlantis

exactlyā€¦like when they converted the Mom as an agent by enticing her with money they never gave herā€¦its too easy to become a heartless agentā€¦integrity is rare

i watched the Man with One Red Shoe beforeā€¦cool genre, but i prefer Bill Murrayā€™s The Man Who Knew Too Littleā€¦or this 90ā€™s cheesy classic i loved as a kid ā€œIf Looks Could Killā€

i did like the concepts, its just the delivery especially from that actress you mentioned lolā€¦and who am i to judge, i donā€™t actā€¦its like non singing Simon Cowell judging singers lolā€¦

i was talking about this with my girlfriend earlierā€¦she wanted me to watch the new avatar show, but i hated the actingā€¦loved the action thoughā€¦and she was trying to tell me to look at the other stuff that was good about itā€¦but back then you didnā€™t have to overlook much

i guess it is reflecting the nature of the times now like you saidā€¦there werenā€™t that many movies and shows back then and they made more money back thenā€¦its the opposite now and good actors are expensiveā€¦thatā€™s why, instead of watching modern movies, i prefer watching an in depth review of itā€¦or just read a bullet pointed review of itā€¦

it sucks because the ideas can be really goodā€¦thatā€™s why i keep watching movies and shows listed in that atlantis link i postedā€¦

i know i need to let go of the past and embrace the good in todayā€¦maybe this will get me to want to read the book instead of watch the movieā€¦maybe thatā€™s the ticket to still see the beauty in todayā€™s creations lol

Iā€™d say these were overlooked but as movie quality goes, they werenā€™t that good (as usual when trying to present abstract concepts).

This one has a TV movie quality xD, but I thought as an approximation/stylization of the truthā€¦it was right on the money. But thatā€™s just me. Not very symbolicā€¦itā€™s pretty much spelled out. I mention for the sake of it being mostly unknown.

Now this one is something else. ā€œFailsā€ as a movie for being too ambitious. Has different readings though, so I wouldnā€™t mind reading some reviews of it.

Iā€™d say Free Guy is almost the mainstream remake of this, just with less references.

This even makes me wonder about Ryan Reynoldsā€¦dude has made a number of movies of the ā€œreality is subjectiveā€ tone. He may be deep into this at this pointā€¦but what Hollywood actor isnā€™tā€¦just look at Jim Carreyā€™s evolution.

Almighty Bruce is still a great movie if you ask me. I dunno about metaphysical themes but it is great comedy.

Coincidentally I just saw Matt Damon is involved in this cringe-looking upcoming ā€œImaginary Friendsā€ movie with Ryan Reynolds.

The ā€œimaginaryā€/imagination creates reality is very present in the first batch of movies being released this yearā€¦dunno if because year of the dragon or what. But that is some engineered concerted effort at making some collective change for sure xD

3 Likes

i might check out that Atlantis cartoonā€¦i havenā€™t seen it yetā€¦and thats what i thought the Hearts of Atlantis movie was going to be about lol, but Stephen always twists the plotā€¦i never like his stuff lol

i really liked the Adjustment Bureauā€¦i actually learned about it from the atlantis link i posted aboveā€¦thatā€™s how i find most of the positive spiritually uplifting moviesā€¦itā€™s just that website isnā€™t active anymoreā€¦

and i guess this thread seems like an attempt to continue that listā€¦

but the Adjustment Bureau was back when they still had a big budgetā€¦Matt Damon isnā€™t exactly cheap since he won an oscar with the first movie he starred in lolā€¦that story had some brainy concepts but story flowed, it didnā€™t dwell on one scene chopping your ear offā€¦it moved on to the next sceneā€¦like a song where it goes: verse bridge chorusā€¦nowadays movies do extended solos for no reason lol

1 Like

The Atlantis animation is not great, but it has the classic Disney adventure/hero/princess formula down. Probably one of the last few Disney movies from that 90s era, though I think it came out in 2000s.

There were certain elements/archetypes that drew me to watching it.

2 Likes

at least it looks like it was in the time of Atlantisā€¦Hearts of Atlantis is a major false advertisement lol Stephen the King of clickbait

I am currently watching the new interpretation of Brave New World.

A society where some of humanities best and some of humanities worst traits are maxed out and brought together into one society.

A lot of deep stuff in there and food for thoughtā€¦

Also well made technically.

I think @Dr_Manhattan will like it.

3 Likes

I loved that series, I saw it years ago when it was released. Currently I donā€™t remember much about the story besides from the main plot and that I enjoy watching it, although I remember that at the time I saw it some complained that there was too much sex and orgies in the series, although that is an important part of that society and shows us how everything turns around pleasure, people are slaves of pleasure, not unlike the addiction of social media today.

1 Like

The point is that the viewers who think there is too much sex and orgies in the series are sexually repressed themselves and have stuck energy in almost pathological way.

The utopian/dystopian society as portrayed in the series has actually understood that sexual energy must always flow freely in order to eliminate all sexual perversions and thatā€™s why they have those orgies where everyone has sex with everyone. It is a free flow of energy between all members of society, so that no energy is stuck.

It is very similar to advanced alien collective consciousness societies I would sayā€¦ but most humans wonā€™t get it, because sexual expression is traumatized and perverted on Earth.

1 Like

Lmao

Good morning STDS !!
100 guys have been banging my wife !
So what ? Iā€™m still the man !
Right ??
right ?
ā€¦
ā€¦
oh man :pensive:

No problem there.

I mean, having a bit of self-control and not acting like an animal is traumatic to some peopleā€™s mind.
Isnā€™t that what being a child all about ?

Pair bonding ?
Thatā€™s for repressed people.

Baby, assets, organisation of society. We donā€™t need that anymore, the super computer does it for us. Itā€™s the future, weā€™re atomized yo !

Honestly, that would be me, Iā€™d throw a bunch of these people into a pit.
This is the complete opposite of what my propaganda would be like if I made some.

Isnā€™t that word for word what the satanist preach all day ?
Love, free sexual energy, hippie stuff ?
Literally every satanist is a libertarian and preach this stuff. 100% of them.

3 Likes