MP3 and MP4 players

Which MP3 or MP4 player do you usually use when listening to the courses?
Suggestions for a new device?
Thank you.

1 Like

What’s your budget range?

Newpipe

Limit of 300 USD/EUR

I am sorry I did not understand

If you’re using Android @TF_CAD , you can use the alternative Youtube app from the F-Droid store (not Google Play) and be able to play in the backgroundwith screen off and without ads. I’ve been using it for many years now, aside from having to update from time to time to overcome bugs and google’s attempts to ‘censor’ or update (which is already common practice) their YouTube backend code, it works very well

1 Like

Old phone with replaceable battery ;-)

3 Likes
  1. M3K FiiO (You can look up video reviews and guides)
  1. Also if desired, decently priced and quality earbuds / IEMs on budget
1 Like

How is the quality and reliability of this device?
I opened this topic to find out which alternatives to the Sony NW-A45 that I already own,
bearing in mind that by now what I wanted (Ipod Touch) is now unobtainable as new.
Thanks for your suggestions.

1 Like

You can check out video reviews of this from people who have tested it. Maybe with keywords such as “unbiased” or “tested” or “long term review”
I say this because your ‘standards’ may be different than mines.

2 Likes

Did anyone find a good Mp3 player?

I wrote about why I need a player… haha

So, to get back my phone, I was considering getting a second device for my GF (which may be I can use at times too). The choices are:

• Buy a tablet
  • Buy a phone (I did not think it through when I recently donated a bunch of old devices to a charity which claims to help Ukraine)
  • Or, buy an mp3 player (which has a speaker mode - I only listen via speaker)

Not yet

In my opinion it is still the best choice

2 Likes

I think you’d have an easier time of finding cheap last-generation phones than an mp3 player these days.

I use my old phone as my mp3 player. It even has expandable memory so I can pop out the chip with the copies of my files, if/when it dies. Plus it has Bluetooth so it’ll cast to portable, car or house speakers.

4 Likes

Agree, this is probably the most practical way…

2 Likes