Neville Goddard vs Dr Joseph Murphy

Who is your favourite teacher on manifestation?
To be honest i have studied both and no one is better than the other one they both so good different styles of teaching but same point they had the same mentor Abdullah the Ethopian Rabbi.

3 Likes

wish me luck to find what sammyg wrote on Neville

2 Likes

post cant be empty

10 Likes

N off course

Law and Promise ((from chapter 2-14) without chapter 15, I don’t read chapter 1 and 15 cause I don’t understand it, it’s too complicated)) , if that book can’t change a life I don’t know what can

That’s book is like a magic, whenever I read it on my language with understanding, it’s like my world molding itself and something wonderful starting to happen.

I must again read that book over and over till I finally grasp.

4 Likes

Gaunter that is key read over and over again most importantly take action. Like yesterday i was reading my notes on Dr Murphy and yesterday this stood out 'The only thing you do in order to overcome failure is to get your subconscious to accept your idea or request by feelings its reality now and the law of the mind will do the rest. Turn over your request with faith and confidence, and your subconscious will take over and answer for you.

5 Likes

It is really surreal

as I have read book more and more, I realized that some things are possible, and at one point reading it was natural for me to imagine that I was in a state where it was very difficult for most ppl to move, and the next day a new law came about that state as facilitated immigration, and the ways to become a citizen … I couldn’t believe it my eyes…but oh well maybe it’s coincidence idk

But on other hand I really don’t know why I don’t study/use more these what gives me results coincidentally or not

It’s like I am unfaithful and believe more in 3D

Sometimes I am like “oh it would anyway happened, whatever” and gave up from studying… maybe it’s some block🤔

3 Likes

The more I’ve listened and meditated on all of the Sapien audios that have raised me vibrationally and that have expanded my consciousness the less I think about those manifestation teachers. Before finding Sapien and starting on the spiritual path I use to read all those books and authors, but now I see them…like false teachings in a way, seeing through them.

This is just what I’ve noticed in myself.

3 Likes

Same, the only way to freedom is to find it trough oneself
Dreams helps with that tremendously

2 Likes

Yes of course,

That’s not saying those books are wrong or shouldn’t be followed either. Those books were the building blocks of what led me here.

4 Likes

I find these books are more of
“look there is something, but you wont find it here, look beyond them”

2 Likes

I prefer Neville’s teachings to Murphy’s, as is the current state.
I got a book from Murphy, I think it is “The Power of your subconscious mind”, but I am not sure. I have read about 30% of it and then stopped because I felt like it was very repetitive (which of course is the point he is trying to make - like repeating affirmations).
The reason why I like Neville more I guess is because the indications of his teachings imply infinite possibilities. I am reading this and I feel like “Ok, so everything is really possible” and it feels very natural. There is also a certain complexity to some of his teachings which make it hard to understand at first so you have to read them again and again at different times, but I really think it is worth it.
I guess I like Neville more because of how radical he is with the “everything is possible”-statement, and that it is the most natural thing to do because everyone does it anyway.

Apart from that, I don’t see this as some kind of competition, I just see teachings as view points with implicit beliefs and limitations. The trick is to stay flexible.

4 Likes

That’s how I feel now. I feel like I’ve moved beyond them, it’s what I feel. They are great in planting seeds in what’s possible though.

I think mainly what I’m getting at is simply moving beyond “manifestation”

1 Like

Neville definitely has a complexity and depth to his teachings that many of the other authors never were really able to convey.

3 Likes

machnics behind reality
Neville did a good job with the subconsciousness tho and the bible, if you read the bible and see it as the Subconsciousness and Mind, you will learn a lot more, the bible is a metaphor in itself

4 Likes

Yea this kind of resonated with me, I guess you could say.
And I say this even though I (strongly) disagree with Neville on certain points, but I always thought that ancient texts shouldn’t just be tossed away and that they convey deeper meaning.

3 Likes

Yeah, same here, but there’s something in this teachings, something exists which is beyond and usage is so simple

1 Like

but non the less, there is a whole reddit forum with Neville Goddards teaching and some people really can use it like Neville intended it, but each mind works on their own, each has to find their own way to manifest things, some with morphic fields, some just with wishing and others have their ways, each reality is real, its just not ours

1 Like

I see it more like stages of consciousness. Guess it was in the Baghavad Gitta where Krishna explained that people who worshipped the half-deities to get something specific, worshipped him in the end, and that it was just a sort of tool.
From how I see it, most of the things we use are tools, like supportive wheels on a bicycle, until we reach a stage of awareness from which we can instantly manifest whatever we want, like in a lucid dream.

2 Likes

I really rarely read Neville

but whenever I read it I have some need or problems

let’s say more than half a year ago I studied his books intensively again

then I was doing a job in a big successful factory that I didn’t like , people were stressed and in bad mood all day, bosses were very bad, I pitted (pityed) myself, and my cooworkers, I was sad for all us etc and I had to do that job because of the income, many people didn’t like those jobs and the factory in general, it felt like you were subconsciously chained in it

as I have read the books i started naturally
imagine being free and doing what I want, completely free from this factory

after a few days the big and successful Factory that has been operating since the 80s started to have problems, it had big debts, and suddenly the workers were all fired including me and the factory stopped with working, and everything happened one by one as a natural, we all get our loans after that as we deserved and in later months but never mind

2 Likes

But it all happened like it would anyway happened

So I don’t know what is anymore coincidence or not

But always something happening reading his books idk