Patreon Discussion

Issue is internet bandwidth that dream is having. But no worries, it’s going to happen real soon and it’ll be a big wave of them.

9 Likes

That’s great to hear. Can’t wait!

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

So guys, do you feel that audios on patreon are bit stronger than youtube or theres no difference?

5 Likes

No difference that I noticed. They are much more convenient for me though when I can download them.

5 Likes

Do I see 2000 patreons? :eyes:

16 Likes

:muscle: :leg: :tada: :medal_military: :trophy: :medal_sports: :1st_place_medal:

9 Likes

9 Likes

I got an email from PayPal saying that all automatic payments will be stopped from October 1st. Is there any other way that I can set up payment for patreon?

This was the mail
“We would like to inform you that all existing Automatic Payment transactions pre-set with any cards issued in India on your PayPal account may be declined as per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines to all cards issuing banks in India starting 1 October 2021.”

1 Like

There is nothing we can do, I tried several times today and it keeps failing and I thought adding card would work, so I tested with card and it gets declined every time and I lost access to one of the creators by doing that. Soon Patreon will remove the access to Sapien if it doesn’t get the payments.

The site has been in existence for so long, still it is forever slow, doesn’t listen to customers, their support is awfully sad and now losing access to Sapien content means poor health and well being :frowning:

Will have to live with whatever is available on YouTube.

2 Likes

:-(
This is so frustrating & sad.
There are fields that are exclusive to patreon, like anti aging, imaginarum divine. We will not be able to access new releases like that.

1 Like

Yes just checked my access is gone for all. May be Sapien should make an exclusive field for the bozo CEO of Patreon to increase his intelligence a little as people have been telling for years to allow monthly payments!

2 Likes

@Siri, @Kalacakra,

No PayPal in our country either for the last 5 years. But other cards do work well on Patreon for me (agree though about Patreon needing some updates).

Have you guys checked if your “normal” cards are opened to international transactions? Sometimes it has to be reconfirmed with the bank from time to time (at least here).

3 Likes

There is a new rule from the central bank in our country, no card of any type and no payment mode shall allow automatic transactions, you have to pay every single time directly to a merchant. There is no challenge in making international transactions but any merchant which needs to have repeated payments like Patreon will be declined. I tried multiple times with different cards and transferring memberships.

In one way it is good because many people tend to lose out on things they no longer consume and they never receive refunds from merchants but considering the business model of Patreon and its headstrong attitude not to listen to customers to allow monthly payments is a loss for us.

Losing Patreon only content from Sapien is a serious loss especially for health :worried:

4 Likes

I see… Sorry about that :/ Maybe there will be some solution popping up in the future though. I was quite desperate when tags were transfered from Teespring to Sapien Shop because no PayPal. Then the crypto-thingy appeared, even if it’s not a platform that works directly in my country either :))) One has to make some other acrobacies. Better than nothing though.

I cross fingers for you guys…

4 Likes

I understand, thanks. I have no hope on this useless site but glad things worked out for you. :sunglasses:

Thanks again, now I leave it to the intercession of aliens, beings from other dimensions to drum some sense into the Patreon team. :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

I think @SammyG posted in another thread that Patreon had notified him this change of policy. I think he said he’s looking into solutions for those Patreon members who may be affected.

4 Likes

Your username (at this point) offers some hope :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:, thanks for the info.

5 Likes

The response I’ve got from the support team.

We’re currently working with our payment processing partners to support these new mandates, and we will update you with the next steps as soon as we have them.

We appreciate your patience, and if you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

3 Likes

Very happy to be back online, don’t know if Patreon worked out things or my bank did something, able to access Sapien’s patron content!

8 Likes

(answered in the gunroad thread, where you asked the same question.)

2 Likes