Patreon Discussion

I was charged €41.65. So €35 + €6.65 taxes (19% Germany)

2 Likes

Patreon does taxes? :astonished:
I never knew that. Maybe it has gotten so high from when i changed the currency from dollars to euros. I’ll change it back to dollars and see what I get charged next month to see if its any different. Thanks for the heads up man. 8 euro in taxes I madness though :weary:

1 Like

From the Patreon FAQ:

Value Added Tax (VAT) is a tax assessed on the value added to goods and services — including digital. It’s charged as a percentage of a price (e.g. $1.00 pledge with 23% VAT will have a final cost of $1.23).

On Patreon, we cover the collecting and remittance of VAT charged to patrons. We’ve made these guides to help creators and patrons through how VAT applies to them:

For patrons, we list the amount of VAT added to your membership payments on your Billing History page, where you can also download a VAT-compliant invoice beginning December 1, 2021.

1 Like

Thank you sir, crisis averted. Very unhappy wallet though :disappointed:

1 Like

I understand.

1 Like

Yes taxes.
I am on the 4,50$ tier it is right?
But I spend always a bit more than 5 € i think, so in usd thats 5,30sth

1 Like

I just checked for January and I wasn’t charged any taxes for that month :thinking:
That must be why I found it so strange seeing the extra costs this time.
Oh well, bigger things to worry about than the tax man.

1 Like

Well, part of that could be exchange rate (although it does seem like you’re factoring some of that into your mental calculation of your post). For the exact amount of your VAT, according to their FAQ, you should be able to see the exact amount on your Billing History page.

Did you see taxes charged to you in this month (February)? Do those taxes explain the overcharge of your OP?

Given that Gumroad recently started cracking down the VAT VPN loophole, it may be that, recently, merchants have been put on notice by the tax authorities to do a “better” (from the authorities’ perspective) of collecting those taxes, if the merchants want to continue to do business in their territories.

1 Like

I’m thinking about joining Patreon, but how does it work? can i download audios from there?

6 Likes

Yes you can download the audios, sigils etc there are audios that are only there. Its great and not much money x

17 Likes

Pure Glory.

10 Likes

All you’re dreams and deepest desires. Well, either that or a bunch of MP3 files and other stuff

5 Likes

The ancient secrets that have been hidden from the masses. Join only if you’re not scared of the real truth.

7 Likes

hahaha :tada:

2 Likes

There is a comprehensive list of everything one can download from Patreon in the thread below. :slightly_smiling_face:
It is updated each time new uploads are added.

12 Likes

what is different between members who pay $ 4.50 a month and those who pay $ 1 a month on Patreon?

1 Like

the $4.50 tier gets access to everything. $1 tier doesn’t

3 Likes

Added, thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Is Sapien per post creator on Patreon?

2 Likes

Hi @marauder, Sapien is a ‘per month creator’.
One’s Patreon contributions to Sapien are once monthly, rather than once per post.

3 Likes