Pure Influence - Self Mastery, Sales, Dating, and Socializing Group

The goal of this group is to create an NFT that will work on the basis of pure influence through the acquisition of new skills and mindsets.

I believe we should use the definition of Influence below.

This definition also answers the question "Isn’t This Manipulative?"

This is taken from Teppo Holmvqist’s book Practical Infuence: How To Increase Your Sales Without Lying, Begging, or Bullying.

Before getting into nuts and bolts of this book, I want to address what I think is a healthy, abundant mindset for using this material. Everything starts from the mindset and as unfortunate as it is, many people have been taught toxic mindsets about sales, influence, and influencing others. Some of this advice will probably feel like common sense, but certain bad ideas have just become so pervasive that they often affect your behavior, whether you are aware of it or not. I want to clear off these toxic mindsets right from the beginning and show you don’t need to be a smooth talker, pushy, or lie to people to be influential.
Influence is the keyword here, as this book is all about influence, not persuasion. What’s the difference, you may ask? When you are persuading someone, you are trying to convince a person to do something that you believe they wouldn’t want to do. Influence, on other hand, is all about helping people to overcome the obstacles that prevent them from taking action they should be taking.
Think about it. How many times have you had an idea of some wonderful thing that you just knew would solve another person’s problem, but that person is too afraid or stubborn to try it? How many times have you heard people give the oddest objections and beliefs about something, which you simply know aren’t true? Wouldn’t it be great if they would just keep quiet, listen and experience what you are offering, and only after experiencing it make an honest and informed decision about its usefulness?
Influence aims at empowering people to make the best choices with the limited resources that they have. Because of this, influence always starts with you, as a person who wields influence, having the other person’s best interest in your heart. If you can’t interact with a person’s best interest in your heart, why you are interacting with him in the first place? Are you really that desperate and needy that you are willing to ruin your own personal reputation and integrity for short-term gain? Think about that statement for a while. Leading people powerfully and enabling them to make a decision is quite different from just trying to manipulate them into doing something they don’t want to do.
If you are leading a person towards a new experience, it is also important to make sure you are relieving a person from a burden that they truly want to get rid of. Influence should be all about finding a solution that works for the customer, not about working as the customer’s warden or otherwise trying to dictate their ethics. This seems to be especially hard for those who are involved in spiritual, teaching, or healing professions, because nowhere else I have seen people so hell-bent on trying to impose their ethics on everyone else. Although no one has asked that of them, they assume that their ethics and personal beliefs are simply superior to everything else and everyone should follow them. If you are planning to use these skills, do us all a service and don’t indulge in this kind of behavior.”

If you’re here to criticize and impose your ethics, please do not post. Influence is an absolutely natural part of life. You are influencing everyone around you all the time. This field is about doing it better and getting the results you want and improving the lives of those you influence.

I am fully open to whatever restrictions anyone wants to put on this field so as to not allow anyone to do anything stupid or evil with it. I believe the mindset favoring abundance and a strong concept to make one see people as people, and not pawns, can address this quite well. Something more restrictive would be okay as well. A reverse Sword of the Righteous perhaps. I have nothing but good intentions, so I personally do not care.

I also want to include the section on fairness described in the book.

Realize Life Isn’t Fair
The life is all about building value for the others, but at the same time many people have learnt to think of this as being unfair. Let’s make one thing clear right from the beginning: Life isn’t fair. I have an absolute conviction that there are certain higher ideals we should strive for like universal human rights, free access to healthcare and education, and a safety net for everyone unfortunate. However, these are only ideals that we should strive for and something I hope to see during my lifetime. No matter how much we wish for them to be true, the reality is that real life doesn’t (currently) work this way. For each sale you make, someone else is going to lose that sale. For each promotion you get, someone else is going to lose that promotion. For each date you make, someone is going to lose that date. For every winner there is going to a loser. For all the talk about win-win scenarios, the harsh reality is that someone is always going to lose. As a wielder of influence, you really need to decide on which side of the equation you want to be on.
Furthermore, I believe learning this material will help you to be more ethical in your life. How so? Think about people around you. How many of them are relying on threats, bullying, begging, or downright lying to get what they want? And how well that does work for them? The harsh reality is that many people are forced to compromise their values and lose their integrity simply because they don’t feel like they have any other options. With these tools, it is possible to live with real integrity and follow your own rules. Of course, you can use these strategies to sell people crap, but that will always backfire in the end. If you want to be treated well, treat other people well.
In the end, the process itself isn’t unfair, but those people who abuse it are. So long as you are not relying on cheating, threatening, or abusing the other person to make the exchange, any deal can be considered fair. Value is always a subjective experience, and if the other person didn’t find enough value in what you are offering, then there wouldn’t be an exchange. I want to emphasize this, because it is not your task to dictate how much value something has for someone. So long as you or your offering is perceived to be worth the asked valued, the other party is willing to pay it. And while asking for what you want is important, equally important is to be generous. By sharing your time and knowledge with others, you are enhancing their value. This will improve your value in their eyes and when you connect with the right people, everything gets so much easier.

I would like to primarily use the works of Teppo Holmvqist. I chose Teppo’s books because they already contain over 250+ scientifically validated studies which we can use to validate these methods and help with their implementation. Naturally, studies by other noted influence experts like Cialdini are already found within the book.

Teppo’s current website is masteringpersuasion.org
This is a slimmed down version of his previous books and is made available for the general public.

His books Practical Influence, Sales Moonshine, and some other material that I have obtained from working with him will make its way into the field if that is possible as well.

If there is any objection to using the works of this author over creating a field that simply has the goal of influence, and is not particular about how it is achieved, that is fine too.

I would like to stay firmly within the realm of science as much as possible. Many influence books are written by people who don’t actually walk the walk. Many are just marketers. I believe having such a scientifically validated book is a big step in creating a field that actually works. If you can’t provide scientific studies or any reasonable basis for what you want to add, I don’t believe we should add it.

How Is This Different From The Socializer Tag/Enhanced Glory/MatchMaker?

The Difference

These 3 tags work purely on an energetic level to make socializing and reaching your goal easier.

Here we are looking to integrate a mixture of scientifically proven methods and the most effective influence techniques that I’ve found. The field will work to integrate these skills naturally into your being and allow you to add your own flair to things as well. The field should be a smart field that allows one to add new techniques and abilities

Do We Really Need This Field?

Yes.

I believe so. Even if we don’t “need” it, we certainly don’t need a Pegasus or a Skull field do we? I’m not knocking them, but they are firmly in the “nice to have” category. So is this.

In addition, there are many blocks to becoming influential from one’s own personal beliefs, to the beliefs of their culture and what they are taught in spirituality. It can also be difficult to retrain yourself to think in these ways automatically. This will shorten the process of learning and allow one to powerfully and intuitively apply what they have learned.

I’ll stop it here for now simply to gauge interest and take comments. The material in the books is already well laid out if that is what we will apply.

17 Likes

How amazing wouldt it be to be able to sell anything to just the right person. There is a possibility to do that but chances and odds arnt always on the right side.

How would It look if we could synch just the right people together to make a win/win or even a win/win-win/win possiblitiy

I would really like to join this community/project help evolve an amazing concept, count me in this one.

3 Likes

Hi, the topic is very interesting. When providing a product, I usually don’t know why I’m doing it, I list all the possible disadvantages or warnings that a person may encounter. For me, it’s a need to be honest so that I never hear in my address why you didn’t tell me that. Also, I have always given the right to choose, I have never insisted, because in my understanding this deprives a person of the right to choose himself. The result is this, I am a very bad seller. And one would think that this sphere is not for me if I did not periodically encounter this sphere. In any case, we always sell, sell our time and talents when applying for a job, influence the people around us and succumb to influence. What is highlighted from the book, on the one hand, is very similar to my beliefs, on the other, how is this possible? I am not familiar with this author, but I love to read and learn)))
I would love to join your group, it can be very useful.

2 Likes

Im right with you, a terrible seller that buys everything :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Count me in :blush: :pray:t4:

2 Likes

I am 100% in if you allow me.

5 Likes

I wanna be in this.

2 Likes

I would like to join. I think influence is normal and fine in sales and other areas as long as you’re getting into win/win situations. I want them to be happy with their decision because it actually benefits them and not regret the decision.

3 Likes

I would love to join too if possible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I want in

Would like to join aswell

Count me in if possible.

100% agree with this. I’m expected to use this skill at work ALL THE TIME. It’s not easy.

Count me in. :slight_smile:

btw… so many books have been written on this. Here is one of the best sellers :

2 Likes

I am interested to see where this will go. We have quite a few fields already that deal with influence. How can this be made different? Thanks for an invite. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We do? The only one that comes to mind is Spear of Destiny. Which ones am I missing?

Me too, please!

1 Like

The Welcomed, Unbreakable, Blarney Stone, Sword of Righteous for a few.

5 Likes

Charisma and glamour and orgone as well

I work with people everyday so I’m in !

3 Likes

Was thinking negotiating, too.
I have a few books lol

FBI Agent Chris Voss knows what’s up lol

2 Likes

Yes, I forgot about Blarney Stone. That definitely fits. The others below I don’t believe they do. I don’t see influencing others as part of these fields unless I’ve missed something.

• The Welcomed is about creating a positive environment that invites abundance and positive outcomes. I don’t see influencing in here and it’s more environmental.

• Sword of Righteous represents a means of breaking past your unjust obstacles via the harnessed power of your efforts. I don’t see influencing others as part of this field.

• Unbreakable is somebody who believes in themselves or what they are trying to create. A fearless and successful mindset.

5 Likes