Random thoughts thread

What a strange world…

Tax season has me thinking about how fake everything is lol.

By the tax book, income taxes are not technically legal due to a jurisdictional issue; they legally only apply to “United States” citizens—people directly under the employ of the federal government. Everyone else, technically, would be an “American citizen”, and outside the jurisdiction of the law. — But it’s all held in place by convention and force

By Chomsky’s analysis, all news is propaganda because of the political economy of mass media and its tacit dependence on the big financial powers who support it. —To that end, all news is advertising for the causes that rich special interests want people to pay attention to.

The medical industry tends obscure real treatments and funnels people into industry standard options due to the same sort of rich/corporate special interests. Novel pharmaceutical as well as electric/energetic (per Priore, Tesla, Valone, and others) therapies have been squelched for that reason.

Science itself has been subjected to the same sort of politics lol. Groundbreaking experiments and findings with electricity, magnetism, gravity have been squelched. Many researches— some of whom were presidents at research departments in universities— have basically had their careers ruined. Some independent researchers have possibly even been murdered.

Social security is basically a ponzi scheme because we’re nearing the point where more people would withdraw than contribute to it… amid bigger issues with the national currency and debt…

Education tends to make people stupid, funneling them into patterns of the curriculum and the blindspots of their teachers…

And many more things.

Everything is fake lol.

1 Like

Wouldn’t constrained be a better word than fake?

1 Like

Nah, I think fake is good.

Social security is set on the promise that if you pay in, you’ll get something back in the future. There’s a real likelihood that it won’t be the case in the future. The promise there was fake.

Medicine is supposed to help people, but things that are known to work have been kept away. I guess that’s constrained. But when things that are known to hurt are used instead of things that are known to help, it seems more fake than constrained.

The history of science is checkered. But, from what I’ve been finding, the charismatic forces involved with the Relativity and Quantum revolutions appear to have done more to hamper scientific development than to advance it — something I never would have believed years ago. They moved their theories to arguments about measurement and the influence of the mind when it should have been about the finer qualities of matter and the logical consistency of reference points.

So, I guess it is constrained – by the bad decisions of influential people. But, when these things appear to be and do the opposite of what they are thought to be and thought to do, that just seems fake. lol

3 Likes

Hmm

I hear ya, lol

Frustrating, especially in the medicine domain. Almost nothing works for me lol (general, commonly used treatments)

You are a lot more educated in these things though. I’ll step aside

2 Likes

Hopefully you’ll be able to find what you’re looking for.

But no need to step aside, my opinion’s not gospel – It’s subject to changing lol

3 Likes

I thought the description of this field was that it reduced cortisol or some stress hormone and that was it.

First time reading about the ventral hippocampus subset of “anxiety neurons”.

Is there a field that is only for reducing cortisol?

Can this field make you unaware of threats? Those neurons surely had a purpose that isn’t giving you anxiety.

Also…this would be a great primer for other fields. Damn I’ve missed it for so long cause I thought it reduced cortisol only.

It’s probably overlooked by people but it seems key with whatever else you’re working.

Man I feel dumb now…where the hell did I get that description from…

Look our little boy all grown up. From -ignored- bittorrent client to having his own show:

1 Like

You guys feel anything listening to Industry Baby?

1 Like

Stress Relief

Stress & Anxiety by Manhattan

1 Like

My baka ass :man_facepalming:

Best power nap/will get one hour of sleep field?

1 Like

Feels like manly man.

I don’t know what it actually was, but I had listened to PTSD x2-3 before sleep and had the kind of lucid dream where with one eye I could see/check this reality and with the other the dream (I usually just 1x). Sure makes it easy to realize you’re dreaming.
This doesn’t answer your question of course

3 Likes

That’s one hell of a hack for meditation though.

1 Like

With third eye quiet the mind and sleep. :sleeping:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna try it again. I’ll actually set an intention to find what really was the factor. Cuz the dream felt very ‘real’ too. Much better than the usual ‘I’m waking up in it’, ‘am I dreaming?’, you can just slip in and out.

2 Likes

Awareness of the room outside the body/the body?

When I’ve experienced that I was being aware of my eyes or tongue. But it wasn’t as effective as other times I have no idea of what was happening.

When sleeping, awareness goes inside the head. I don’t know how to define it but that’s the best I have. When it stays perfecty encasing the head, you can hear yourself breathe, see through the eyelids, etc. When it becomes smaller you go into the dream.

I think to be in the state we mention, we need to sort of reach a hand outside the head at the exact moment of contraction. Or try to feel the room from within the dream. But yeah, I think when I’ve done that it was because I had an anchor outside before I went into the dream.

Or maybe it just can’t be controlled. I think it can happen if you simply keep awareness outside the head, but then you have to fall asleep and even dream while in that mode which is impossible a priori.

This wasn’t part of the dreams I mean so…maybe we’re talking about different things xD

Sorry I was thinking out loud. Hit me back with anything you find.

2 Likes

Hmm, interesting, I wish to have the opportunity to explore this further.
Yes, I woke up in a dream, and I realized quickly that it was a dream (I was in the same room that I fell asleep in, and I was conscious inside the dream, not playing a role like usually). So I opened my left eye and noticed that I was in the room in which I had fallen asleep. The room in the dream had altered settings. Then I went to the dream again. Then I rechecked the ‘real’ etc…
I did have these kinds of dreams a few times in the past, but I hadn’t found the ‘factor’, they seemed impromptu. However they were all during times of great internal change (usually paired with a lot of meditation).
What this reminds me of (‘manageable’) was of the experience one could get on certain trips – controllable, always aware that ‘you are dreaming’/observing, can snap out of it or choose at any time.

2 Likes

I’m happy that I have invested in weird books, they are a bastion of reason against the mistaken views that pass as common knowledge

2 Likes

No panick attack tonight. From one listen.

My baka ass :man_facepalming: x2

I should have been looping APAR as if my life depended on it and ignored it cause I took the stress relief description (and not even that as the stress relief mentions other chemicals…and I swear there was a field that reduced cortisol and that was all it did).

Edit: Still no anxiety. I probably will next time I go to sleep but then I will listen to it and see. I can’t believe it works different than “repressive”, sedative methods…which make you have an eventual worse episode.

3 Likes

2 Likes