Random thoughts thread

hm hm hm hm hm hm hm hm hm hm

2 Likes

So when your grandma and Jesus appear and emanate love and light towards you you just say screw this and fly towards the blackness instead. Escape the matrix bro.

2 Likes

:grin: Yes. Lol. Been there.

2 Likes

oh yeah got it

itā€™s like that someone thinks of it then the concept of it is non understood then you form an opinion by your own experiences and then say matrix is something?

2 Likes

oh bro itā€™s like you take matrix the movie and think the society is a matrix which really is by name but you just name matrix whatever opinion you form and you try to put yourself in a position of taking no responsibility for your bad attributes then trying to resist the society as a part of you that its bad and escape the matrix?

2 Likes

I think so. You can listen to Howdieā€™s audio book about it if you want. I think itā€™s very good. Even though I donā€™t believe in it.

3 Likes

Some people might mean that by the term ā€œmatrixā€. But others are using it to re-present Gnostic doctrines from long ago. So there are vastly different meanings but with some overlap.

3 Likes

ok ok understood understood

and what are the doctrines with their real names just so I know? or they donā€™t have names and they got the name matrix to be an idea?

2 Likes

Oh man. Iā€™m not a Gnostic. (ie tough question for me) They have a doctrine of ā€œemanationsā€. So like God created another god that created another god that created some other gods that created us. And Sophia which is wisdom is one of those emanations. And Jesus is supposedly one of the more minor emanations.

And physical material reality is in and of itself evil. Itā€™s not that it has been misused for evil but that it is actually evil. And good can only exist in the absence of material reality. So Jesus couldnā€™t come to earth but instead he had to possess some man. And the resurrection could not have been of a physical body but he came back in ghost form.

2 Likes

The main idea is that the world we live in is supposedly the byproduct of a demiurge. A flawed (possibly malevolent) creator being that does not have the perfection of God but still desires to create a reality that it can oversee.

Some have said that the entire physical world is a creation of a demiurgeā€¦ but the sort of semantics that exist in Gnosticism is similar to what can be found in Platonism and forms of Hinduism. In practical terms, it has more to do with an overly restricted state of consciousness than the actual stuff of physical reality. (in this case, the demiurge would be a personā€™s own limited consciousness or ā€œegoā€ as a number of traditions from India like to say)

3 Likes

hm that is stated in a the bible if I remember it correctly Jesus said something that Solomon is the most wise man but Jesus is not a man?

ahhh so thats why people say they are gods

2 Likes

Ī”Ī·Ī¼Ī¹ĪæĻ…ĻĪ³Ī¹Ī±?

2 Likes

So the thing isā€¦ Howdie, and a few people like him, are of a set of beliefs I like to think of as neo-Gnostic. Thatā€™s unofficial. They share some core beliefs from the Gnostics but they are not actually Gnostics. Itā€™s like they are bringing that belief system back into popularity but not wholesale. Not in itā€™s original form completely.

They believe our world is less than real. And that to be our real selves we have to ā€œescapeā€ it when we die and not return to earth.

3 Likes

Ī“Ī·Ī¼Ī¹ĪæĻ…ĻĪ³ĻŒĻ‚

3 Likes

me right now thinking what you two wrote

3 Likes

Iā€™ll have to think about that and get back to you.

3 Likes

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

but you are on earth

ahhhh so they must believe they are on earth to escape earth too

3 Likes

itā€™s not about gender identity

3 Likes

Lol. That did not cross my mind. I did not think it was.

3 Likes

ok ok platonism yes I was teached that at school

ok ok ok ok I will remember

okokokok I remember nothing I can not fool myself lets see

3 Likes