Romance Reborn - Romantic Thread

Romance means many things, depending on the Era, Culture, Individual, Relationship, etc., but it is usually synonymous with Romantic Love, Romantic Ideals, Beauty, Happiness, Joy, Fulfilment, Passion, etc.

This Thread is for ANYTHING/Everything (that is) Romantic, it is for Anything that has to do with Romance.

Although it is viewed as Fantasy, Art, Poetry by some, I believe that it can be Achieved, Above All It Cand Be Lived - You don’t have to be in a “Perfect Relationship” to be romantic or to love the idea, you can be single and enjoy this type of Love and Expression.

I have watched different types of movies and shows over the years, including romantic ones; usually Bollywood is more focused on it, while Hollywood is usually praised for other genres, although there have been Great Classics, both from the Golden Age of Hollywood and from other Eras/Decades (Gone With The Wind, Casablanca, Titanic, etc.); beautiful chemistry can be found in the Spanish/Latin(o) World(s), as there have been some great Telenovelas (soap operas) over the decades.

Besides watching a movie or a show, soap opera, etc., other romantic things I find to be the songs accompanying these titles; I will link 3 songs, from 3 different worlds, all showing/displaying the romantic theme:

If you want to post any beautiful links, feel free.

3 Likes

Before Trilogy (Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, and Before Midnight) are good romance movies. It’s filmed 9 years apart from each movie and the two leads are just talking for the whole 3 movies nonstop. Idk, it’s just so good and unique to me.

6 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Thanks, @Elyas and @FuzzyPops.

The One and Only Elvis Presley, a song from a movie of his:

2 Likes
2 Likes

:thinking: … there aren’t very many romantically themed movies that appeal to me… I tend to not like the characters lol. There tends to be a situation where the casting directors pick two people who look good on their own but don’t actually have any chemistry… or a situation where both tend to have limited empathy and that just doesn’t appeal at all lol

This one was nice… I liked the filmography too

I can also appreciate the TV series from the 80’s —there is a definite atmosphere of the heart chakra that permeates many scenes

3 Likes

What a beautiful song and they indeed seem to have beautiful chemistry; gonna watch it later.
Thank You. :pray:

I Agree.

3 Likes

One of The Best or one of The Worst Couples Ever lol (your pick), from one of The Best Shows on TV/Internet/Whatever: FRIENDS!

Warning/Disclaimer: Potential Spoilers Ahead!

3 Likes

The only true authentic romantic hero. They don’t make them like that anymore.

3 Likes

Ouch…
Lol.
Well, quite the flexible hero, the woman can be the love of his life and/or the Life of his life, Literally…

1 Like

I don’t remember that part…maybe I’m too romantic.

If you ask me…movie was about a bunch of ignorant fools and one simp going for his throat while he just wanted to be with his love…I know nothing about him wanting her life force too.

1 Like

Well, yeah, you are right, Dracula was 100% genuine. :sweat_smile:

I was just saying that he has options lol.

1 Like

I mean, in Bram Stoker’s Dracula, the protagonist or rather antagonist was THE MOST ROMANTIC of them all :cry::sweat_smile:

“I have Crossed Oceans of Time… To Find You”

It was/is One of the best movies ever (horror) and a Great Performance by Gary Oldman.

Interestingly, he calls/shouts at the dog “Strigoi, Moroi”, both names for vampire like creatures/supernatural creatures (who/which in romanian folklore can take the shape of an animal, can hypnotize, etc.) or actually even vampires.

Well, this is the Romantic Thread, not Dracula thread :sweat_smile:, so back to regular (or not so regular) good ol’ (or new) Romance.

2 Likes

I find the 2013 of Dracula much stronger and much more romantic:

2 Likes

Thank you.
Wow, the thumbnails look Awesome/Promising!
How did I not watched that movie?

That’s IT!

Starting away, One Movie per Day!

2 Likes

It is a series, but they only made one season unfortunately.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it seems.

1 Like

:sob:

4 Likes

I have not watched this one either…
Thanks.

Man, what have I done with my life?

2 Likes