The Black Pearl album

nice, maybe will go to studio this oncoming week

only have funds for one studio session
it’s been so for many months now,

the great 200 dollar bill to get Us where We need.

it’s been set aside for a while now,

full intentions on turning the studio into Pompeii

there will be a story to tell when they uncover it in a millenia

may the walls speak of Our presence
Our Music

3 songs to fulfill

3 Likes

redacted retracted

5 Likes

For sure!

If I understand correctly, you have some collaborators in Cali with you, but right now they don’t have recording equipment, if that’s correct?

Honestly in 200$ you could get some pretty simple to use mics and record straight to USB. I’ve recorded with both and it’s not necessarily like USB mics are unusably bad. For a more cost effect option, they’re perfectly fine.

The Blue snowball/yeti series come to mind. Especially starting out they’re great.

Considering shipping would pretty much cost the same as buying a mic for each person, everytime a shipping happens, I’d lean more towards buying an individual mic setup (even if it’s USB) than bleeding money on shipping when the same cost would’ve bought you a mic. (This is going off the last time I had to ship something and the UPS costs were ridiculous)

For 200 if you have 4-5 people I think you can get a snowball for each, or if you check the used markets they should be cheaper.

Honestly you could get much cheaper ones too and they could work! Ofcourse there’s going to be quality differences but in the mix, with a good vocal chain and production it should be fine. More than anything else, you’ll need an isolated set up to minimize reflections.

So you could either go to the studio, or get a huge blanket, connect the mic to the laptop, and then boom you’re done. There’s a whole plethora of free plugins out there too so you’re pretty set for what you want to do!

1 Like

I’m down to donate ! I wanna support anyone on the grind as well Ofcourse But tbh I will always love the studio sessions even though they can be a bit costly, I feel like investing in yourself and your craft is worth it, regardless of what it is.

Recording from home is a no go for me just because I live with others and it can get pretty loud.

I’ll support whatever outcome, but personally I’ll stick with the studio sessions… it’s like a gym to me lol and I just enjoy it to much. I know the reward at the end will be worth it.

I Have a couple sessions that I’ll be booking in about two weeks & I’ll be recording songs for my mixtape as well as our group!

2 Likes

My Wife and I will go pick up some studio equipment from a dear and great person, whom had bought Me equipment long ago in surprise fashion so that I can make music and record podcasts or what not for a brand we had in mind at the time.

never was given it because USA got put on lock down during COVID and didn’t fly to California for a while, at the time was residing in Miami.

can’t donate this mic for the community as its a gift from this important and dear person
and a special one at that

My Wife would like the allocated reserved funds to help out with some things, and I owe this same person some funds too, so will pay off debts if this mic and equipment will do.

well, only one is theoretically confirmed to be in California
he himself never voiced a need for equipment or a studio, being in the city he’s in and having a job, I’m sure he can supply his own mic or bookings at a studio

still included him in the original idea posts in case he would like to participate and possibly save money

a very cheap mic that is…

wanted a higher end mic/recording equipment
that’s why was willing to supply 200 for this campaign, so we can get something of higher novelty (400-500)

something of high quality, to keep a high standard for all the upcoming music, otherwise would prefer spending the 200 on a 2 hour studio session with optimal conditions, We can record everything in one go, and whenever the vocals are layered, still, one go for each layer. no need for mixing or anything

it would cost about 40 dollars to ship within the states… for pursuiting a more higher end recording experience this is suitable, but if the mic is cheap then not wise for sure

if this gifted mic doesn’t check out, then will still put down 200 for this campaign, and hopefully people can supply some force as well…

otherwise, with out the 200 dollar initial donation to give a motivating head start for doners, there may not be enough donations is what I am led to think…

today will try to pick up the mic, tomorrow latest.

will set things up and find out what’s the next step

@FractalReality you have been very kind sharing all your insights and wisdom, you have provided a way of further understanding for many

Bless you

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know what advice to give there mate. I think all the advice people gave here was as good as it gets and reasonable. At the end of the day, it’s a hustle. Got to invest in your craft somehow ya feel me? Others are already investing in themselves so ye can’t expect them to invest in you. It’s just the reality of the hustle.

Now, is there already a beat that a couple of us rappers can jump on? And then a singer that might want to do a chorus? So we can get that started. I’m working on some stuff for this album already but would find it cool to join in with some of you guys on a track.

2 Likes

Gonna make a remix of this

1 Like

Nah, we gotta make original tracks for the album bruv. I would love to do a remix to that beat as well, even found a melody for it but nah.

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

It’s hard to get in contact with that old friend who makes beats. He told me he’s busy with his job at the moment. There’s not much i can do if he doesn’t take the responsibility to come online and get in touch with all you rappers.

In any case, I’m not going to push people to do something. If they do not come forward themselves, that is their business and a missed opportunity. That being said, for all those who have lyrics and can record their voice to any beat, it’s not lost. Producers are able to work in different ways. They can create an entire song around your recorded lyrics & vocals and use the base note of those vocals.

We have producers here in this forum. I’d prefer our stuff being homemade eh. If our producers want to join in, they can. If not, all good, I’ll get us some fire beats we can work with.

4 Likes

I’m very down for that. :eyes:

2 Likes

Is it poor form for me to suggest an Atomic Rebel or Black Pearl field? One of my regrets during the NFT era was not stepping forward with a truly musician/music star oriented field. One that would combine elements of virtuosity with poetic sense, divine inspiration, rock/rap star aura, woven worlds for bringing the right people and circumstances, grit/persistence for pushing through writers block…etc. just brainstorming.

8 Likes

^ Very dope idea !!

I like this a lot!

1 Like

Yo where everybody at?
Sammy has his track finished I have two ready.

9 Likes

I didn’t hear from my studio friend again. I don’t run after people anymore.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I can still give you my 4 last tracks but rapping on those tracks will be very difficult also cause i can’t change the structure of the songs anymore. they can still be used as separate songs if you love to…

1 Like

I have a microphone and a small studio to record, and I have quite a few lyrics written, but I rap in Spanish and I don’t know if the idea was just to make songs in English, anyway I have some beats that I could share :wink:

1 Like

Just do you man
Spanish is fine
its fun
less rules
more collab and fun

7 Likes

Perfect Cap! Let’s do it, who should I contact? If you guys want to send me some beats for me to drop some lyrics, otherwise I use some of mine, only I use samples (changing the pitch of course) to make them and Sammy mentioned something about copyright

Ps: I live in Uruguay, I don’t think there are many people from the forum here, but if anyone wants to come and record is welcome

1 Like

can finish a song and send it to you in 2 days

1 Like