The Crucible of the Past

Ahh yeah isn’t that a Neville Goddard technique? I was planning on doing something like that to heal my collar bone long ago but never got to it lol

5 Likes

I think the Neville Goddard technique is called Revision? But I’ve not used it. A few different teachers I have come across mention it, but the first time I saw it was in Seth’s books.

There are two ways of seeing it. The first one is that as your version of the past only now exists in your mind as your own unique perspective, by changing it in your mind, you change your perspective in the now so that you can let go and create a future free of the conditionings that occurred as a result of past events.

The second one, which I rather fancy, is that since we know that time is just a construct and the only reason we experience things linearly is perspective/beliefs, from the now you can affect the future just as well as the past.

In either cases, when the goal is to free ourselves from the suffering incurred because of our perspective, by changing the past in our mind, we get that result.

I tend to be of the opinion that generally revisiting past things might not be the most productive way to go about freeing ourselves but in one case I didn’t know how to move beyond certain patterns and by doing this, I was able to see all participants (including myself) in the situation as just doing the best we knew how and was able to forgive unconditionally and move on. I saw concrete change after that and was really glad to have done it :slight_smile:

I’d imagine that doing it while listening to this field must pack a powerful existential punch :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

Should I laugh, or cry at the irony of The Wisdom of the Dying being above your comment?

3 Likes

This :point_up_2:. It’s one of the reasons why I find myself in a existential dilemma. I have an extremely difficult time letting go of things, especially if I’ve been the wrong doer.

Then again, I’ve had many experiences with people who were essentially Tasmanian Devils, sweeping up all in their path into a cyclone of craziness. Perhaps my inability to let go of my own wrongdoings attracts them. Either way, Shouldn’t I find it helpful to remember their behavior so I don’t become victim to it again?

At the same time, applying that logic to my own shortcomings can create mistrust in myself. It’s all a giant web to me :man_shrugging::thinking::exploding_head:

8 Likes

I suppose you could go about it that way, if you wanted to and it was working for you.

Let me ask you: do you remember every time you fell as you were learning to walk? Or do you just instead remember, “Oh, yeah, I want to step this way” or “I hold my balance that way”?

5 Likes

Fair point. But how does that mean we conduct ourselves toward family whose conduct is harmful? Less visits? Shorter duration?

I think human interactions (especially in this day and age) are far too complex to be distilled into a global list of Rules for Conduct that apply across all the human beings of this planet. (I mean, a lot of “organized religions” that I know about have tried to take that approach and look how many of those there are and how much disagreement there is between them, right?) Nor would I (not knowing you or any of the details of your situation/history) presume to “should all over you” by saying “This is The Way to conduct yourself.” That would be arrogant and insensitive of me. From my place of ignorance (of you and your situation) the only thing I would venture to suggest is “Do what you need to do to keep yourself safe and to take care of yourself.” (But you already knew that and–I’m sure–are already doing that.)

Fields like this (IMHO) are valuable to you finding specific answers to your question that work for you, for a variety of reasons. For example, as we heal our pasts, we are more willing to leave our pasts in the past where they belong, rather than bringing our pasts into the present or future (as that quote upthread does).

Even the way you ask your question does a bit of that (bringing your past into your present or future) because (hopefully) family wasn’t doing their harmful conduct as you were asking your question. When most people ask your question (and it’s a good question; I don’t mean to suggest that it’s not) what they’re really doing is remembering past conduct and using those memories to extrapolate into the current interaction (which might be something very different) or to worry about some future interaction.

As we heal our pasts (like with this field), we regain access to our abilities (such as our creativity, our skills and/or our power). The description of this field tells us that this field helps us keep the lessons of the past without our need to keep reactivating the past. So, I might learn from this field that, as horrible an experience it was for me when “Uncle Steve” fondled me when I was 5 (made up example!), I survived. Which might help me to also learn that I’m no longer 5 but quite a bit older and stronger, with more words and more knowledge (and perhaps a car) so that I no longer have to react in the same ways that I have been reacting to that part of the family. I have different options, for me.

And this brings to me to the most important part of fields like this: it brings the power back to where it belongs–to us. As we heal (thanks to fields like this) we are taking back our power and we stop victimizing ourselves (in between our encounters with “Uncle Steve”).

Hope that helps.

29 Likes

That was a tremendous answer. So much so that I had to reread it twice lol. I appreciate your support and your wisdom, WellBeing.

10 Likes

Thank you very much for taking the time to show us these techniques Amber! :) If it weren’t for this field right here, i would’ve definitely have given them a try!

To be honest… I feel like this field has been the missing link to the puzzle for me… I’ve never felt more “me” and I’m just happy, yesterday was the happiest day ever for me haha this field has shown itself to be an instant classic in my books for this reason, i can finally be in peace with my past :)

15 Likes

I’ve learned so much here that really made an impact on my wellbeing that sharing these little tidbits I grabbed on the road is the least I can do :smiley:

Oh wow! This is wonderful! Your joy is just so obvious, it made me really happy to read that! :heart_eyes: :smiley:

8 Likes

I Have a different perspective on this. I feel like rather than trying to let go of the past, we should
embrace it.

Without going into much detail, i had a very difficult childhood. Being in a wheelchair brought many challenges, difficulties in almost every area (mental and emotional from not being able to do what i want, not having many friends, having to depend on others for pretty much everything). On top of that my parents were very angry people, especially my father who treated me and my mom really badly. I had caregivers who would physically hurt me. There’s a lot of bad stories.
I was an emotional wreck, suicidal thoughts in my mind, i even tried 3 times.

But all of that, everything i went through made me the person i am now. Without those experiences, i may be a totally different person. I think about this sometime. If i was born normal, what would i be like? If i had a happier childhood, despite being disabled, where would i be? And that is almost impossible to really know. But I’m certain any changes in my past would affect who i am now.

I have come across Neville Goddard and his Revision concept, but i never really gave it a try. I’m focused on the now and my future, and using my past as a tool to make my future better and happier

42 Likes

For some reason I feel like this + positive power waves would be a good combo👀

And always, thanks you @Captain_Nemo for releasing this and everything else you do.

10 Likes

Just got this, may well be what i’ve been looking for a few months now. Very exciting :)

13 Likes

I listened to it 3 times yesterday, and today I feel a lot of detoxification

11 Likes

Felt compelled to write this review immediately after my first listens, even though it is 3:30 AM right now. This feels life changing, it’s like the missing piece of a huge complex puzzle I’m solving.
I’ve had a traumatic childhood and because of that it never felt safe to truly feel, to be fully in my body and embrace Mother Earth. From a young age I associated being in my feelings with danger because the feelings from the trauma were so intense. My ego had to find a way to protect me from the danger by shutting me off from feeling and escaping into my mind, the mental realm. Until about a year and a half I’ve been living almost exclusively from my mind with all the negative consequences that come with that. I was able to go against my heart because I could not differentiate between heart and mind. This resulted in more self inflicted pain of course and a lowering of trust in myself because I made decisions that were in the best interest of my ego, not my heart and soul. And I don’t blame ego, after all it just wanted to protect me from feeling all the pain again. But the old saying ‘‘No pain no gain’’ remains true. So right after my ancestral work (Doing this has been life changing) I was guided to check out Teespring to see what old Sapien has been up to and this gem immediately caught my attention.

My ego tried its best to steer me away from this by making up excuses: that it is too expensive, it won’t do much and even if it did then it is a ‘cheat code’ and I should do the healing work on my own with trial and error. The last one stems from an old conviction that healing work should be hard and heavy, only if I pay blood, sweat and tears I am doing well.
Took a couple of deep breaths and felt that all of this was not true, and from somewhere deep inside I felt that I was not worthy of this healing tool and that I deserve to suffer some more. This made me sad that I thought so low about myself but because I recognized the ego pattern of self sabotage it gave me the push to buy this field. I now know that the heavier the resistance of ego is, the better the decision is for my healing but it will come with feeling temporary pain again, that’s why my ego fights against it. So I was feeling anxious before playing the field, because deep down my inner being knew that my life would never be the same after that. Was I really ready to let go of all the pain I’ve been carrying from the past? Everything that made me the person I am today? Leaving my comfortzone, stepping out of the self destructive patterns that are oh so familiar and ‘safe’? My ego said ‘‘NO’’ but my heart said a full blown ‘‘YES’’. It is time to leave all the pain behind, it has served its purpose up until this point in my life and now it is time to let go and step into happiness, abundance and being my true self.

So I played the field and in the first couple of seconds a HUGE overwhelming emotional reaction came up and I cried my eyes out, screaming. It was like a heavy energetic blanket was ripped off of me. So much pain came up from my childhood, I saw myself growing up from a toddler to a teen with each year more and more pain piling up inside of me that caused me to stray away further from myself.
After that in my mind I went by all the people who I loved but are not in my life anymore, the ones that taught me important but painful lessons: my exes, friends, my mom. I went by them one by one and thanked them in love and gratitude, that I fully understand why it had to go the way that it went. After the emotional release of all of that I felt bliss and peace. And when I opened my eyes my point of view felt lower, as if I shrunk haha. It was so weird, but I came to the realization that this is what it is like to fully be in my body! It finally feels safe again to be in here, before this I was half in the clouds, trying to escape. So with this field I will be able to live this life more and more with my feet on the ground so I can create the life that I truly deserve.
To Sapien, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Can’t wait to see what beautiful changes this will bring long term!
Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

46 Likes

Thank you for sharing with us! @Subsurfer777 :pray: :pray: :pray:

8 Likes

Let’s goo!!

4 Likes

This is the most powerful field in terms of trauma fields, all negative and emotional releases, to be and feel purged and be like again blank blat like after birth, completely untouched like nothing never happened. Unbelievable.

19 Likes

Add shamanic medicine blend before this to amplify the effects

12 Likes

Make sure to keep us posted about how this goes for you :blush:

Are you also using the PTSD field on Patreon?
For intense periods, this is good to play it x2 one day out of two, followed by a few rounds of the Outlook Retrainer.

This has personally helped me tremendously when things got too intense.

12 Likes