The Goddess and the Jade Rabbit

Chang’e and the Jade Rabbit

A Sapien Medicine NFT

Written by Nice2knowU

Once upon a time, in the mystical realm of ancient China, there lived a beautiful and kind-hearted woman named Chang’e. She was married to a skilled archer named Hou Yi, who was famous for his bravery and prowess with a bow and arrow.

In those days, the Earth was plagued by ten suns that scorched the land and made life unbearable for its inhabitants. Seeing the suffering of the people, Hou Yi took it upon himself to save them. He climbed to the top of Kunlun Mountain and, with his powerful bow, shot down nine of the suns, leaving only one to give light and warmth to the Earth.

Hou Yi’s heroic deed brought him great fame and admiration, but it also aroused the jealousy of some who coveted his power. Among them was the wicked and envious Jade Emperor, ruler of the heavens.

One day, the Jade Emperor sent his minions to Earth to punish Hou Yi for his audacity. They stole the elixir of immortality, a precious gift bestowed upon Hou Yi by the Queen Mother of the West, and threatened to bring calamity upon him and his beloved wife.

Desperate to protect the elixir from falling into the wrong hands, Chang’e made a fateful decision. She swallowed the elixir herself, knowing that it would make her immortal and save her husband from harm. As she consumed the elixir, Chang’e felt her body becoming lighter and lighter until she floated up into the heavens.

Once there, Chang’e found herself on the moon, where she would spend eternity as the Goddess of the Moon. Heartbroken at being separated from her husband, she longed for his company and the warmth of their love.

But Chang’e was not alone on the moon. She was accompanied by a loyal companion, a rabbit made of jade, who had also ascended to the heavens with her. This jade rabbit was not just any ordinary rabbit; it possessed wisdom and magic beyond imagination.

Together, Chang’e and the jade rabbit lived on the moon, where they watched over the Earth and its inhabitants. On clear nights, people would gaze up at the moon and see the silhouette of Chang’e and her companion, a reminder of the power of love and sacrifice.

And so, the tale of Chang’e and the jade rabbit became a cherished legend, passed down through the ages as a symbol of devotion, courage, and the enduring bond between husband and wife. And even now, if you look up at the moon on a quiet night, you might just catch a glimpse of Chang’e and her faithful companion, shining bright amidst the stars.

Symbolism and Themes:

The Moon:

The moon symbolizes immortality, femininity, and enlightenment in Chinese culture. Chang’e’s residence on the moon represents her transcendence from earthly concerns and her attainment of divine status. It also signifies the eternal nature of love and the enduring bond between Chang’e and Hou Yi.

The Jade Rabbit:

The jade rabbit symbolizes loyalty, wisdom, and sacrifice. It is a mythical creature that accompanies Chang’e on the moon, serving as her loyal companion. The jade rabbit’s presence highlights the importance of loyalty and companionship in the face of adversity. Additionally, its association with jade, a precious stone in Chinese culture, adds to its symbolism of purity and virtue.

The Elixir of Immortality:

The elixir represents the pursuit of eternal life and divine status. It is a symbol of power, ambition, and the desire to overcome mortality. Chang’e’s decision to consume the elixir reflects her selflessness and sacrifice for the greater good, as well as her willingness to accept the consequences of her actions.

Hou Yi and the Ten Suns:

Hou Yi’s feat of shooting down nine of the ten suns symbolizes bravery, heroism, and the balance of nature. His actions save the Earth from destruction and bring harmony to the world. However, they also provoke jealousy and conflict, illustrating the consequences of power and ambition.

The Themes of Love and Sacrifice:

At its core, the story of Chang’e and the jade rabbit is a tale of love, sacrifice, and devotion. Chang’e’s decision to consume the elixir of immortality to save her husband embodies the ultimate sacrifice for love. Their separation highlights the enduring power of love, even in the face of adversity and separation.

The Goddess of the Moon

• Chang’e (嫦娥)
    • Direct connection to and blessings from Chang’e, the Goddess of the Moon, and her magical Jade Rabbit
    • Experience the true meaning of love and devotion through the Moon Goddess herself. Upon assimilation, a reward is granted: Aura of Givingness – the user is blessed with the joy of knowing that giving to others is giving to self
    • Receive an Immortality Blessing – the Moon Goddess can increase the effects of any immortality field owned by the user on demand
  • The Jade Rabbit (玉兔)
    • All aspects of jade negentropically infused into the user
    • Access to the making of the immortality potion
    • Special item maker for an item infused with the energetic properties of jade and all that jade implies (luxury, purity, virtue) combined with the loving energies of the Moon Goddess. Every item also creates a sphere that amplifies and fosters better understanding between people
  • The Moon (月亮)
    • Grants the user access to a Lunar Sanctuary – wherein any and all burdens are dissolved, thereby letting the effervescent light of the spirit of true love shine through and radiate again from within
    • Energies of the moon heal the yearning of the soul, thereby paving the ways for the user to let soulmates into their lives and experience any relationship on a deeper and more profound level
    • The moon acts as a gigantic amplifier for the user’s psychic energies, propelling the user forward by a million-fold on his psychic journeys and endeavors – user’s psychic skills +500. This will help with any psychic-related activities.

We have created something truly spectacular here. In all honesty I am blown away and I already told Captain that this one turned out far more beautiful than I ever imagined. Pretty astonishing really. I am eternally grateful for this :pray: :pray: :pray:

People truly enjoyed the storytelling format, so I hope to do more of that in the future :dizzy:

Here are some more impressions from the group:

Finally, I present to you:

Chang’e - Goddess of the Moon - and the Jade Rabbit
:heart: :heart: :heart: :new_moon: :new_moon: :new_moon: :rabbit2: :rabbit2: :rabbit2:

Thank you to everyone involved :pray: :pray: :pray:
非常非常感谢大家

36 Likes

This is truly a beautiful project. In it there is the presence of Chang’e and Hou Yi as reminiscent of the tarot card of The Lovers, and of course The Moon. It is a fascinating story and a very healing one. This is an offering of magic and I can feel the workings of the alchemy of a wish fulfilled. Since finding out about the story I have been bathed in the presence of the Goddess of the Moon and her Jade Rabbit companion. Thank you Captain for bringing this to life, and to Nice2knowU for bringing us the beautiful story.

7 Likes

Special thanks to @Rosechalice
She has provided quite some insights and ideas on the particulars of the subfields.
More than she thinks probably
:clinking_glasses:

7 Likes

7 Likes

Beautiful :heart_eyes::green_heart: congratulations :sparkler:

4 Likes

Awesome project!

3 Likes

Awee so i finally meet her :blush: i didnt know about the rabbit.

When i was small i used to loveee cheese and my Mom told me one time that the full moon was a big cheese, and that a little girl used to stare into the Moon wanting to eat the cheese, one day the Moon finally swallowed her and so she had to live there for ever and the Moon would get smaller as she eats it until she finishes it then she has to wait for a new one to show up

Sooo of course i was everyyyy night out in the balcony looking at the moon thinking about her, if she was full, how far shes eaten the cheese, wishing i could join her to eat as well haha :see_no_evil:

Maybe since then is that i love the Moon lol

Very beautfiul project and how it was presented. Congratulations!

10 Likes

great project bro @Nice2knowU

5 Likes