The Work Community Project - Career Accelerator, Job Finder, Better Working Experience

The Job Community Project

The purpose of this community project is to enhance every aspect of one’s working life.

It is designed to be suitable for those who are aggressively climbing the ranks of their workplace, those who are looking for a new job, changing careers, those who already have a job they like and want to perform better, freelancers, and even those who have to have a job but hate working.

Best Path For Jobs

This helps one find the best job for themselves based on what factors are most important to them, not just salary.

This will help the stereotypical ladder climbers as well as those who don’t even like to work.

For example, if someone’s highest priority is their children, this field will help them find a job that 1) has an agreeable enough boss that will make accommodations if necessary so they can be a great parent 2) is close enough to their children’s school so they can be there if there is an emergency 3) has scheduled hours that allow them to drop their kids off and pick them up 4) pays the most with these factors in mind.

For someone who is younger, motivated, and wants to make as much money as possible the priorities could be 1) has the most room for advancement 2) pays the most 3) helps one get the most experience they’ll need for when they switch jobs.

If you are someone who doesn’t like to work then it would attract a job that 1) has you doing the least amount of work possible 2) has weekends off so you can enjoy your life 3) allows you to work from home 4) pays you as much as possible with these factors in mind.

If your work is freelance, you will find the field consistently drawing great projects to you so there is never a period of time that you are without work, unless you to choose to be.

The field will take all of this into account and help one find the job(s) that suits them best for the period of life they are in.

Best Experience Possible

This field will aim to make your work experience as great as possible.

It will encourage you, the environment you work in, and those you work with to be as high quality as possible.

For yourself, you will find yourself enjoying your job as much as possible. You may find new ways of working that are better suited to you, allowing you to get more done much faster. Your beliefs and views about work will change to be as positive as possible, with you looking at work with gratitude, appreciation and other positive qualities that make you like work more. You may notice time speeding up or slowing down in regards to the tasks you have to do.

You may find that coworkers go out of their way to make your life as easy as possible. This may be them being more friendly, or they could even begin to help you with your work and complete tasks for you to make your life easier. They will be more accommodating to you as well and old conflicts will be neutralized and replaced with mutual understanding and positive emotions.

If you are in a more managerial position, those you manage will begin to treat you with more respect and also perform better to make you look good. You will find it easier to resolve conflicts with them. If you are in charge of hiring, you will have an intuition about candidates that will allow you to select the absolute best candidates that make your life better in every way.

If you have to reach out to people outside of your company, such as vendors, clients and others, you’ll find that it becomes much easier to work with them. Emails and phone calls will be answered more promptly and they will also do their absolute best to help you. This could mean fulfilling an order earlier than expected, or going the extra mile for you on anything.

This would extend outwards to everything to do with your job.

If you have a long commute you may find it much easier to get to work through traffic. You’ll find it easier to wake up, get ready and show up on time. Your 30-60 min lunches and breaks will feel wholly rejuvenating and put you back into a great mood for work. Little slip ups like coming in a little late or leaving a little early will either go unnoticed or be excused. HR will give you priority on days off and other things.

Recognition (or not)

If being recognized is important for you, you will find yourself bathing in recognition. Those you work with will begin to see you as an authority in your position. Whatever qualities you need to bring to your job you will find yourself automatically picking up on and using.

If you just work to pay the bills and would like to go unnoticed, then this field will facilitate that as well. You may need some recognition to keep your job, but you may not want anything over what is required.

It aims to give you the right amount of recognition.

Glamour

This will make all work related interactions that companies have with you stand out.

Every time your resume lands on the desk of a prospective employer, they will see it as the resume they absolutely have to look at and get you in for that job. Your Linkedin and other social media accounts will have an energetic glamour that is a calling card for your perfect jobs.

You will find yourself standing out in interviews, delivering the right answers and coming across competent and well-spoken.

In meetings and zoom calls you will stick out as much as you want to and find others recognizing and appreciating what you have to say.

This glamour can lead to you being considered for jobs that pay more than you are reasonably worth, or are a higher position than you have held before.

Socializing and Networking

Many work environments have a social aspect that one must excel at in order to get ahead. If this is part of your workplace, this will help you be social in all the right ways to continue growing in your company.

This will also help you to avoid getting caught up in workplace drama, having an intuitive sense of who to trust and not to trust in your work environment.

If you don’t like to socialize, this can also give others the impression that you are a team player even if you don’t really go out of your way to interact with other team members. Your lack of socializing will not be seen as a detriment to your work.

Coworkers will also keep you in mind as they move jobs and go about their lives. If a coworker gets a new job that has a position you’d be perfect for, they’ll think of you and get in contact to bring this opportunity into your life.

Note:

I am posting this now to get discussion going now.

The purpose is to have more ideas contributed so the concept can be more fully fleshed out.

That being said, I will not be able to fully participate in the group or bring it to a conclusion until my other projects are complete.

If someone would like to take this concept and lead the group until conclusion, that is fine as long as we are all in agreement.

Otherwise, for me to lead this group, it will not officially begin until my other projects are complete, which may take some weeks.

26 Likes

Will it include entrepreneurs or to start own business?

2 Likes

I believe this should help, but I see entrepreneurship as being its completely own thing and should get its own field.

Some key differences is that I’ve had jobs where I’ve shown up and done only 1-2 hrs worth of work for an 8 hr workday and still gotten paid. Can’t do that if you’re an entrepreneur.

Also many people are serial entrepreneurs who will have 2+ businesses. Most people who work are unable to work more than 1 job unless they’re part time. Or one part time, one full time. An entrepreneur could have 3-4 businesses running at the same time with all sorts of different aspects they have to manage.

You don’t necessarily have to put any of your heart and soul into a job, and many people see jobs not as the end goal, but just one aspect of their life. Personally, I’d like to find a job that pays well, leaves me with energy during the day so I can pursue other projects, and isn’t a complete waste of time.

If you’re out sick for a week, and your business is your sole source of income, then that is a week that you make $0.

You don’t need to make a 5 year plan nor deal with every single aspect of your business if you’re an employee either.

7 Likes

Sometimes “best path” need not be as a job seeker but a job creator ( starting up one’s own business)
Just a suggestion, will it be more beneficial, if ideal work life is not just limited with looking out for jobs but creating one if that is what best suits us?

2 Likes

If @Captain_Nemo is okay with creating a very comprehensive field that targets every aspect of work life including entrepreneurship, I would be ecstatic.

I just believe there are too many differences between owning a business and working for one for it to make sense.

We can continue to add entrepreneurship ideas and if he says no, they can become their own field.

3 Likes

For me, the best job is a shift schedule, plus a second job, if it were possible to combine all the advantages in one. And the opportunity to have free time and not lose in salary. That would be great.

3 Likes

Well , ultimately even I’m looking for some sort of business to start ( or enhance my current business) , make it work, then just few hours of work every week, generate passive income. Financially satisfied. Spend quality life.

2 Likes

This is what I consider a side job. What does not take all the time, what can be done additionally.

2 Likes

You have very vital topics. Important for everyday life. I really like.

2 Likes

I am interested in the project
bad enviroment of work place can create the end of potential very strong opportunity in life
i can see importance in obtaining a field for helping in finding perfect luck and guide to good balance for be in a work one likes and have good teammates

3 Likes

To be honest, my dream is to find a job for which I will be happy to get up in the morning. I have a very quiet job right now, in terms of fulfilling my duties. But the schedule! And this year, the work needs to be changed, and this is a real stress…

2 Likes

I would imagine for you that the field could find you one job that pays what you would make with two jobs, leaving you with enough room for free time.

How I see it in my head that makes these two concepts different is imagine you have an interest in clothes.

You can become a designer for a clothing company, or start your own.

If you want to become a designer, you find a good clothing company, put your resume in, go through the interview process and then get the job. So much of what makes that company has already been set in place before you began work. You will immediately have the work of your predecessors to draw from and a whole team designed to help you be successful at your work. There will likely be guidelines as to what you need to create as well, so there are no creative risks.

If you start your own company, you have to meet with a lawyer to make sure everything is legal. Then an accountant for your money. You have to either design your own clothes and run the business in parallel, or find someone to do either one to free up your time. You have to rent or purchase physical space like a warehouse for your items. You’ll likely need a loan to begin the business, which makes it risky. Then, you have to compete against every other clothing company on the market. You’ll need to hire a great marketing team. You’ll have to take risks with your designs, and may fail over and over again before you make something. For most people going from 0 to a successful company could take years before you really become profitable.

They’re two completely different paths to wealth as far as I’m concerned.

If we can put aspects in this field that supports both, I’m more than happy to do it.

I’ve just been in other community projects and I know that Dream isn’t fond of just packing everything into a field that is possible.

These seem like two very distinct ways of making money.

I fully agree. The majority of places that I dislike working at just have a bad environment. If I’m there 8+ hours a day, then I want good teammates. Best Path for Jobs takes care of this.

5 Likes

perception of you as someone who can improve the result of whole team, can call glamour but can also be perception of being a valid resource for the work you are in

1 Like

Then there is an easy pumping of skills and easy assimilation of new material if you move into a new field. And for people to be patient with you. When they explain something new.

3 Likes

The catalyst for this project is my own personal experience working and manifesting a job that paid far more than I thought would be possible.

At the end of 2020 I was making about $32k a year. I wanted a new job and asked another creator to help me. He ended up creating a Job Success product that helped me find a career where I was doing 80% of what I’ve always done before but making damn near double what I have ever made in my life, around $60k. I was in disbelief that I could manifest a job making so much more than before doing damn near the same things I was doing. I was making more than friends who had graduated college and I had dropped out.

It opened my eyes to the fact that amazing jobs are out there, you just need to find them. If this can be true for me, I know it can be true for everyone and this field would help us all find those jobs.

10 Likes

This will be an excellent addition for those who are changing careers, being promoted and getting new jobs.

4 Likes

@beltloop ur killing it with the nft :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Wow! You have such good ideas. And you think of all aspects of the basic idea. I am in a steady job that has a ok-pay! Am due for promotion that will most probably have me move to a different city or at least travel everyday. Need the promotion but don’t want to leave my family! Maybe a field like this will ease the dilemma & show the best way.
We can add features like protection from jealousy & harm from politics in the work place, taking the best decisions under pressure, not getting ourselves or the company in legal troubles, etc

6 Likes

Hey @Beltloop , would this project include creating passive income for yourself, and living a laptot lifestyle?

6 Likes

On re-reading the first post I see that you want to add positivity to the work place that will do away with the need for jealousy/bad vibes protection. Its definitely a better way

1 Like