Tip for shopping: Turn on VPN when buying

Hey guys,

this recommendation was quite recurrent, mainly during sales, so I decided to make a thread for it, so it can be more effective for ppl overall and less repetition needed.

Quite many of us are not very keen on sending the taxes to our home countries when buying fields from Dream, and it’s understandable. It’s not rly the home countries that made the Dream’s work possible and quite considerable amount of the sales’ money go to taxes and stuff, when we think about it.

So, right to the point, the way to resolve it is using VPN. It’s legal in most countries. (Unless you’re from North Korea, Iraq, Belarus, Turkmenistan, where it’s illegal or some other ones that have restrictions and may/may not allow it, more info HERE)

Although, many softwares are paid or a part of paid product, like Antivirus, there are some that are free. The free VPN servers are often slow, so free VPN is best to turn on right before going to shop and then turn off.

The free one which I myself used before getting a paid VPN software was: iTOP VPN (Link below)

But I’m open to add any other software suggestions.

Then set your location to USA. And if needed, find some random Us ZIPs here: Random Zip Codes — US City Postal Codes

Wishing you all happy buying! :+1:

6 Likes

I always used South Africa, worked fine.

About paid vpn, mullvad is good, it cost 5$, the account is an id so it is anonymous and it has the possibility to pay with crypto ecc

4 Likes

I think it’s better to avoid free vpns since you’re buying things using credit/debit card. You don’t really know who are behind these free vpn operations. If you’re only using it to avoid VAT, then subscribe to a one month mullvad plan for this purpose.

3 Likes

That applies generally, as iTop has paid and free services. And overall, paid may be more secure, but in any case, anyone should have 2-factor Authentication set up.

2 Likes

I used secure vpn (free version) worked perfectly

1 Like