Torrenting. Is It Moral? Did you do it? 😆 - - - - Ask the Forum! Is it Moral Thread

Update:

Summary

First question…

Is it moral to post links about a person who demonstrated extraordinary spiritual capabilities years ago, on a show?
I somehow know the person, but, would I need consent in such a situation or not, since it’s a public link/video?

Summary [poll type=regular results=always chartType=bar]
  • Yes.
  • No.
  • Only with consent from that person.
[/] [poll ]
1 Like

I think that in order to discuss the morals you’d need to define the principles of right and wrong first.

2 Likes

Each one of us has a unique set of principles, including those regarding morality or right and wrong, so my ok might not be your ok; where is the answer? The middle ground? In/by Not hurting others? How about a consensus or at least to see others’ (your) perspective(s)?
I went on with the last one, to check your answers, to see if it’s moral or not…

Although, morality is (first of all) an inner process, anyway…

2 Likes

Whatever you find to be the answer. Like you already said, moral is subjective. You are the only one who makes the decision.

You already named factors that influence your decision. Are they your own beliefs? If so, why? Do they apply in your situation? If its public why do you feel the need to ask us if´s okay to share it further?
Could it hurt that person in any way? If so, do you care ?(seems like it, so that would probably be the major point).

(I don´t see a problem from what you´ve told, other than personal aspects, but that´s exactly the reason why we can´t give you an answer to finalize your decision)

4 Likes

Yes, since I know the person…
I’ll think about it.

Edit: for now, I wont post the link; that person is an amazing human being, so for now, I’ll go with no…
Perhaps I’m making a big deal out of it…

1 Like

Ok, Next Subject:

Did you downloaded copyrighted material, like ever?

• Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

Do you find it moral?

• Yes.
  • No.
  • It depends on circumstances.

0 voters

What if you are poor and you can’t afford it, would you do it?

• Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

2 Likes

#sci-hub are you seeing this?

I would really love to know what those circumstances are in the second poll

1 Like

What is that?

1 Like
3 Likes

The liberation and free access of academic research

1 Like

Yeah, well, not all countries have the same laws or apply them.
In some european countries, it is alright, for personal use.

Disclaimer: I am not promoting download of copyrighted content, just asked 3 basic questions, while forum members can answer anonymously.

Edit: my personal view - if you have 400 euros net income and just the utilities cost you between 200 and 300, are you going to buy music or movies?
How about eating?
What if you are a tenant and you also have rent?
What if you also need medication?
What if another family member needs medication?
Should you not access something if you can’t afford it?
What if you can never afford it?

That’s why I’m not judging anyone…

2 Likes

A circumstance when I consider it moral: my mood
A circumstance when I consider it less so: my mood

1 Like

666, torenting power! :laughing:

3:11 A.M., 3×11 = 33, another great number, also half of 66 :laughing:

Edit: random thought…

If you like random thoughts:

1 Like

No one is judging you bro